Archive for Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Man transported to hospital after falling from tree stand

October 9, 2012, 6:42 p.m. Updated October 9, 2012, 8:43 p.m.


A man was transported by ambulance with nonlife-threatening injuries to Overland Park Regional Medical Center after falling from a tree stand near Baldwin City on Tuesday evening.

The tree stand, located near the 100 block of East 1500 Road, was roughly 30 feet high according to dispatch traffic.


triplegoddess13 5 years, 6 months ago

"According to dispatch traffic." How about actually checking to see what's going on instead of just listening to scanner traffic. Scanner traffic is generally only part of what really happened. Be a reporter instead of just someone who regurgitates information.

parrothead8 5 years, 6 months ago

If it matters so much to you, why don't you drive out to Baldwin with a tape measure? As for me, "roughly 30 feet high" is as accurate as I need to know.

friendlyjhawk 5 years, 6 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Ronda Miller 5 years, 6 months ago

How about wishing the injured person a full and speedy recovery. I hope all turns out ok without any ongoing problems. Tis the season when we want to get outdoors and hike, shoot, careful and remember cell phones don't work in all places. Let someone know where you'll be and when.

Bladerunner 5 years, 6 months ago

Eyewitness reports say several deer were shaking the tree prior to the victims fall......

Jeremiah Jefferson 5 years, 6 months ago

Man you gota wear a tree stand saftey harness when sitting that high. The guy is probably lucky to be alive, and I am sure his fall will leave permanent damage... It sucks that it happened and hope he makes a full recovery.. But you gota wear a saftey harness..

Bman77 5 years, 6 months ago

You should be more kind when responding to stories you are very little informed of. I was born and raised in Lawrence and some of you probably know me, and wouldn't of known unless I told you that he is a cousin of mine. These things hit closer to home than you might realize. FYI, it was an equipment malfunction not ignorance that caused this accident. Show a little respect.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.