Archive for Monday, November 26, 2012

23rd Street Zarco 66 robbed Sunday night

November 26, 2012

A strong-armed robbery was reported at Zarco 66, 1500 E. 23rd St., Sunday night.

Lawrence Police Sgt. Randy Roberts said the robbery took place about 9 p.m. and police were called to the convenience store immediately afterward.

According to Roberts, a white male went into the store to buy cigarettes. When the cashier opened the register to give the man change, he demanded the money from the register. The cashier gave him an undetermined amount of cash and the man left by the front door.

Roberts said there was no clear description of the man and police are unsure which way he went after leaving the store. Police are trying to determine whether there is a videotape available that would show more details.

"Investigators are here now and we're trying to get it sorted out," Roberts said late Sunday night.

There were no weapons reported in the robbery.

Comments

sierraclub 1 year, 8 months ago

The 'Good' folks at Zarco? Highest price for diesel in Douglas County. But, that is where the buses fill up.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 8 months ago

Then the buses ought to fill up somewhere else.

Cai 1 year, 8 months ago

I assure you that the clerk(s) working on sunday night aren't the ones responsible for setting the fuel prices. Show a little decorum.

1nonly 1 year, 8 months ago

Zarco is the highest priced gas station!!!!!!!!!! They really dont care about there customers as long as the owners are making money to put in there pockets!!!!

littlebit82 1 year, 8 months ago

..don't care about their customers...put in their pockets...seriously, is it that hard?

flloyd 1 year, 8 months ago

Do you mean "their" customers? Must be a KU graduate.

flloyd 1 year, 8 months ago

Why is there a comma in the middle of your sentence? Another KU graduate?

DillonBarnes 1 year, 8 months ago

Then... don't buy gas there. There are multiple other options very close to Zarco if you are unhappy with them.

Liberty275 1 year, 8 months ago

I think the owners are really into hoses which can be an expensive hobby.

Lathrup 1 year, 8 months ago

Well it's clear to me Watson. Our culprit hopped a buss and thus made good his escape.

50YearResident 1 year, 8 months ago

I hate those robberies where the perp just asks for the cash without displaying a weapon. I allways wonder if it really happened. I bet security cameras were off or broken, if there are any cameras.

John Kyle 1 year, 8 months ago

Randall Barnes 1 year, 8 months ago

trust me scotty boy has plenty of cameras. he treats his employees almost as bad as walmart.

1nonly 1 year, 8 months ago

rando....u got that right....again he dont care about his employees. only THIER!!! money they are making!!!

50YearResident 1 year, 8 months ago

It's been 12 hours since this robbery, how about an update on the article. There must be a lot more information available by now.

Termcd4 1 year, 8 months ago

what is it you are trying to say with the link Briseis?

Briseis 1 year, 8 months ago

I didn't know for sure where the gas station was. I posted a picture for those that didn't know either. I didn't see a picture of the station in the story.

50YearResident 1 year, 8 months ago

You are reading a lot more into this story than there was. There was no strong arm involved. That was from the imagination of the author of the article. No gun either. The robber simply said, give me your money, and the cleark handed it over. No physical contact was involved and no chance of anyone losing his life.. That was one of the easiest robberies I have read about lately. However banks do the same thing, all you have to do is ask for the money. Policy says, hand it over without question. I think it is wrong to just hand over the money . I do agree with you that the price of gas and any bus contracts had nothing to do with this article and those posters should have kept their complaints out of this discussion.

ashford 1 year, 8 months ago

There are multiple security cameras at Gas stations, they should be able to find the robber, unless the robber had a possible inside job that turned them off.