Archive for Monday, November 26, 2012

23rd Street Zarco 66 robbed Sunday night

November 26, 2012

A strong-armed robbery was reported at Zarco 66, 1500 E. 23rd St., Sunday night.

Lawrence Police Sgt. Randy Roberts said the robbery took place about 9 p.m. and police were called to the convenience store immediately afterward.

According to Roberts, a white male went into the store to buy cigarettes. When the cashier opened the register to give the man change, he demanded the money from the register. The cashier gave him an undetermined amount of cash and the man left by the front door.

Roberts said there was no clear description of the man and police are unsure which way he went after leaving the store. Police are trying to determine whether there is a videotape available that would show more details.

"Investigators are here now and we're trying to get it sorted out," Roberts said late Sunday night.

There were no weapons reported in the robbery.

Comments

ashford 1 year, 4 months ago

There are multiple security cameras at Gas stations, they should be able to find the robber, unless the robber had a possible inside job that turned them off.

MacHeath 1 year, 4 months ago

I am sure that the bus service has a contract with Zarco. The place gets robbed, a employee strong armed, buy a person that may have killed them, and all you folks can do is complain about the prices? Really?? Big bowl of wrong there.

50YearResident 1 year, 4 months ago

It's been 12 hours since this robbery, how about an update on the article. There must be a lot more information available by now.

Randall Barnes 1 year, 4 months ago

trust me scotty boy has plenty of cameras. he treats his employees almost as bad as walmart.

50YearResident 1 year, 4 months ago

I hate those robberies where the perp just asks for the cash without displaying a weapon. I allways wonder if it really happened. I bet security cameras were off or broken, if there are any cameras.

Lathrup 1 year, 4 months ago

Well it's clear to me Watson. Our culprit hopped a buss and thus made good his escape.

1nonly 1 year, 4 months ago

Zarco is the highest priced gas station!!!!!!!!!! They really dont care about there customers as long as the owners are making money to put in there pockets!!!!

sierraclub 1 year, 4 months ago

The 'Good' folks at Zarco? Highest price for diesel in Douglas County. But, that is where the buses fill up.

traveler12 1 year, 4 months ago

I drove by Zarco's tonight on my way home from work, and there were about six police cars out in front. You could tell something was wrong. My heart goes out to the good folks at Zarco's and the poor employees who had to deal with this tonight. I hope the police catch this cretin soon.