City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• Crews will be sealing cracks along Wakarusa Drive, from Overland Drive to Queens Road. There will be temporary lane closures during working hours.
• Street traffic has now shifted from the existing shoofly lanes onto the new 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue. Two westbound lanes and one eastbound lane will be open on the bridge as crews work to remove the existing shoofly lanes and finish road work.
• Street concrete will be reworked this week east of Inverness Drive on Palmer Drive and Court, Hoagan Drive and Court and Palmer and Nicklaus drives. Through traffic will generally be maintained, but there is the possibility of street closures.
• Crews are patching asphalt in neighborhoods around the Wakarusa Drive, Harvard Road, Monterey Way and Inverness Drive area. Through traffic should be maintained. Completion: spring 2013
• The 2500 block of Ponderosa Drive will be closed Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. as the Lawrence Utility Department works to instal a new water main.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road is closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour is provided. Completion: November 2012.