Archive for Sunday, November 4, 2012

Missing Free State student returns home unharmed

November 4, 2012, 4:05 p.m. Updated November 4, 2012, 9:56 p.m.

A 16-year-old Lawrence girl who had been missing since Friday evening returned home Sunday evening, according to her family.

The family of Chelsea R. Tebe, a Free State High School student, had taken to social media throughout the weekend, seeking help in locating her. The girl had not been heard from since Friday night.

The family had also filed a police report.

Chelsea's mother, Charity Tebe, contacted the Journal-World Sunday evening and reported that Chelsea had returned safely and was not harmed during her absence.

Charity Tebe said she wanted to thank the many people who had helped spread the word about her daughter.

Comments

Quigebo 1 year, 5 months ago

Taking a look at Miss Tebe's Twitter posts ( http://twitter.com/chelslovesyou11 ) will shed some light on this 16-year-olds issues, which appear to include .... well, just read for yourself.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 5 months ago

So many most posters so pleased with the opportunity to express their busybody judgmentalism.

one2no 1 year, 5 months ago

Ok 5'6" 200 I don't think she was hiding out in a shoe box,lol. Maybe we need some parenting,parenting,parenting.

bearded_gnome 1 year, 5 months ago

whew!!

now, because of my training I notice this: she's 5ft 6 and 200lb, lip pierced. and whatever happened this weekend. to me, prior to this wekend, she needed some therapy/counseling, and I hope she gets it.

take good care of this little gem of a girl, she needs it.
she's crying out for help.
I'm so glad of this news!

midwestmom 1 year, 5 months ago

So, so happy to hear she's safe and at home with her family!!

FarneyMac 1 year, 5 months ago

Next headline: Local Teen Grounded Until Age of 18

matahari 1 year, 5 months ago

9 times out of 10 these kids go "missing' on their own accord1

Catalano 1 year, 5 months ago

I'm going to have a simpatico bite of a Hersey bar! YAY!

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 5 months ago

Chelsea has been found and is home safe! No details yet.
I've been told it was because of this article and the publicity that she was found.
A HUGE THANK YOU to the LJ World. And Shaun, I owe you.
Now, I am going to go have a big relief cry and eat a box of chocolates.

wilson42 1 year, 5 months ago

Just got word that she has been found safe. I dont have details as to where. Thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers.

rlmtyco 1 year, 5 months ago

prayers will be said for her safe return home.

cowboy 1 year, 5 months ago

prayers for her safe return home

frankfussman 1 year, 5 months ago

It appears to be on the front page now.

xratedsgirl 1 year, 5 months ago

It says family is searching...are the police actively searching? I have reposted on facebook, I can't even imagine what this family is going through. Keeping you all in my thoughts for a safe return. I guess I dont understand why this does not met criteria of an amber alert. Are they suggestion she is a run away, or no foul play? I also qustion why this is not on the front page of LJWORLD, I had to scroll down to find it? To the family there is a fb page called seeking the lost....they're network of people are endless try that.

kansanbygrace 1 year, 5 months ago

Thoughts and prayers for Chelsea's safe and prompt return home, Wish there was something more we could do to help.

Stayinpositive 1 year, 5 months ago

It says the last time they heard from her was a text. Who's phone did she text from? Seems like there should be an amber alert issued! Praying she is found safe SOON.

paisley 1 year, 5 months ago

I DO NOT KNOW ANY OF YOU BUT I CERTAINLY PRAY THAT THIS YOUNG LADY IS FOUND SAFE AND SOUND.ABOUT A YEAR AGO, MY GRAND-D RAN OFF WITH A BOY FROM CANADA FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. NO ONE KNEW THE KID BUT AT LEAST WE DID TXT. IT CAN'T EVEN COMPARE TO WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. CAN THEY TRACE HER PHONE'S GPS?

Jerry Salisbury 1 year, 5 months ago

I have passed this on via Facebook, thoughts and prayers for a safe return soon

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 5 months ago

Thank all of you for being a caring community. I can't begin to tell you how much this means to me.

northtowngrl 1 year, 5 months ago

Oh cait48! I truly hope she is found safe and sound soon! My prayers are with your family.

Shane Garrett 1 year, 5 months ago

Cait48 and Rik, I sure hope she is found soon and all is okay. We will say a prayer for your family tonight.

Amy Heeter 1 year, 5 months ago

Oh my, hope she is found safe very soon.

wilson42 1 year, 5 months ago

This is my cousin and we are all very scared. Please Lawrence someone knows something. Help us bring my cousin home. We love her and need her to be found. Chelsea if you see this please contact someone!

classclown 1 year, 5 months ago

Curious as to why this is not placed up top as breaking news. I've seen much less serious issues that people could care less about given that designation and kept there the entire day.

Secondly why no Amber Alert? What are the rules concerning the Amber Alert system that this girl is not on it?

At any rate, highlight this as breaking news LJW in order to make more people aware of the situation and hopefully find this girl.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 5 months ago

Hoping for a safe return soon.

StirrrThePot 1 year, 5 months ago

Praying for her safe return, and for her family too.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 5 months ago

This is my granddaughter. I cannot begin to tell you how I am feeling right now.

Mr. Hittle, this is a recent photo.

Liberal 1 year, 5 months ago

I can not imagine how her family feels, Let us hope that she is completely safe and returns soon.

bearded_gnome 1 year, 5 months ago

very scarey. I hope she is found safe, soon!

joyfulnoises101 1 year, 5 months ago

miss you chels♥ come home please

shaunepec 1 year, 5 months ago

We hope to have a photo up soon.

Shaun LJW