Archive for Thursday, May 3, 2012

Woman arrested for aggravated assault after road rage incident near Clinton Lake

May 3, 2012, 10:46 a.m. Updated May 3, 2012, 3:29 p.m.

Douglas County Sheriff’s officers arrested a 52-year-old Lawrence woman Wednesday night on an aggravated assault charge connected to an alleged road-rage incident earlier near Clinton Lake.

Undersheriff Steve Hornberger said officers received a call at 10:50 p.m. about an incident on the Clinton Lake dam road just southwest of Lawrence. After an investigation, officers located the suspect about an hour later near 28th Street and Four Wheel Drive. She was booked into jail for aggravated assault and on an outstanding municipal court warrant.

Hornberger said officers were alleging the woman used her vehicle as the weapon during the road-rage incident. No one was injured. Prosecutors Thursday filed charges of aggravated assault and reckless driving against the woman, Sharon Lynn Roberts.

Comments

Clickker 3 years, 2 months ago

Sounds like a domestic deal i they knew where to find her

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

More details please. People frequently ride bikes on that road. We need to know who this pyscho is, make and model of car, who she targeted. If it were me and she tried to run me over I'd have shot her.

MarcoPogo 3 years, 2 months ago

I know a downtown legal team that could help you during the trial! Hope you like rich, Corinthian leather...

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

only if I can watch KU games on their Brady Bunch style cabinate TV.

Clickker 3 years, 2 months ago

thats my point.....they could have said something like...."in an apparent act of domestic violence", or "The woman, in an apparent random act, swerved at a bicyclist in oncoming traffic..." , or something that gives a little flavor to theevent.

Stuart Evans 3 years, 2 months ago

couple things; she's not guilty, yet. So putting out an APB to all citizens of who we should ostracize isn't likely to happen. Also, unless she's aiming right for you at the moment you choose to shoot her, you're probably going to be arrested for attempted murder.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

nope, I'm a great shot so I'd take her out as she drove away. You try to kill me with a deadly weapon you better make sure you succeed. Just a little notice to you drivers out there, the next cyclist you mess with might be your last.

Liberty275 3 years, 2 months ago

The next car behind you might be your last.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

you better make sure you finish the job buddy.

MarcoPogo 3 years, 2 months ago

insert sound of chaw hitting the spittoon here

Orwell 3 years, 2 months ago

Or if you mistakenly suspect someone's trying to kill you, you'd better just go ahead and blow them away, eh?

Great plan. Hope you don't encounter anyone with the same attitude.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

I'd try to wound them first, then go all No Country for Old Men.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

I'd want to see the fear in their eyes. It's a lot easier to be tough when it's a 4000 lb car vs a 210 lb guy on a Specialized road bike. It's not so great when he's standing over you with a loaded gun pointing at you. Think about that the next time you drive too close to that bike.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

Before I get any fat jokes, I'm 6'4". You really don't want me to catch you if you don't respect my biking space.

JackMcKee 3 years, 1 month ago

Never bring a broomstick to a gun fight.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

That was a completely different tough guy. He sounds pretty mean too. Shoot you over a baseball cap? Yowza!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 2 months ago

Jackie is all cranky and stuff this afternoon. Maybe he needs a nap.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

I am cranky. I haven't been out on my daily ride yet. That always puts me in a bitter mood. I probably won't be able to get out today, either. I have too much landscaping work to do around the yard. I have 6 trees to plant. Why do I keep doing this to myself? Every year, it's the same question.

1percenter 3 years, 1 month ago

Why would you talk about shooting someone? That makes you sound very ignorant, and like a tiny little coward. I dont care if you're 6'4" and 210, You sound like a little prick. People like you make the rest of us gun owners look like backwoods hillbillies with your over the top macho comments. Do us all a favor and shut up.

jhawkinsf 3 years, 1 month ago

He can't help himself. He has a Doctor of Laws degree.

JackMcKee 3 years, 1 month ago

Why do you own a gun if it's not for self defense when someone tries to kill you with a deadly weapon? You sound like an amateur.