Archive for Friday, March 16, 2012

Gun falls out of Topeka man’s pants when security removes him from bar

March 16, 2012, 10:30 a.m. Updated March 16, 2012, 2:32 p.m.

A 27-year-old Topeka man was arrested early Friday morning after a gun fell out of his pants while he was being removed by security from the 23rd Street Roadhouse, 1003 E. 23rd St.

Kim Murphree, a Lawrence police spokesman, said private security had attempted to remove the man from the premises but he fled when the weapon fell. Police recovered the gun in the 2300 block of Haskell Avenue and arrested him about 2:30 a.m. after he was found hiding in the bushes near 24th Street and Haskell Avenue.

The man faces charges in Lawrence Municipal Court for carrying a weapon in a bar, criminal trespassing and possession of marijuana. According to jail records, the man, Reginald Mortez Rucker, posted $500 bond noon Friday and was given notice to appear in municipal court 10 a.m. April 3.

Comments

JackMcKee 2 years, 1 month ago

Guess who owns this fine establishment? Dennis Steffes. The same guy that brought Lawrence Last Call.

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

at least he did not Burress himself, that is a plus.....I think

MacHeath 2 years, 1 month ago

I almost feel sorry for him.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

"So it's hip hop the rest of the week?" - classclown

Thursdays and Fridays.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

The probablity that the guy had a carry permit? Approaching zero, I'd say.

Scott Morgan 2 years, 1 month ago

Thought I heard the thump of somebody hitting rock bottom.

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

Used to roller skate there. 'You put your left foot in & your gun falls out?' That's not how you hokie-pokie!

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

I will sleep better knowing that the town drunkards are protecting us from evil with their guns. I get it. Just driving drunk makes you a better driver (you know, they concentrate more because they know they are drunk so they drive better) the same goes with shooting. "I concentrate harder with my aim because I know I am drunk")

Lets see what tonight and tomorrow brings.........

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

So it's hip hop the rest of the week?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

classclown (Class Clown) says…

"I thought that was the kind of place where you hitched your thumbs in your belt and acted like you stepped in something." March 16, 2012 at 11:15 a.m.

===============================

Only on Saturdays.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Ronaldo Ignacio) says…

If he hadn't of been hopping it would have not fallen off his hip. March 16, 2012 at 11:11 a.m.

===============================

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

If he hadn't of been hopping it would have not fallen off his hip.

Fatty_McButterpants 2 years, 1 month ago

Isn't that place owned by the same guy that owned Last Call??

Jake Esau 2 years, 1 month ago

Gotta love the emphasis on the fact that he's from Topeka

Kent Fisher 2 years, 1 month ago

Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

Kent Fisher 2 years, 1 month ago

Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?