Ever wonder how designers make the rooms you see in magazines look so good? From fresh and airy to intimate and cozy, lighting sets the tone of a room.
So if you want a room makeover, use these tips from the lighting pros at Sylvania to brighten things up.
- When installing light over the dining room table, be careful not to create shadows on your guest’s faces.
- For general lighting, use fixtures with a dimmer. The light source is concealed, and with dimming capabilities you can change the lighting of the room for various activities from reading to movie-watching.
- Wall sconces and floor lamps are good sources of task lighting.
- Use a low-wattage energy-efficient bulb to brighten up the closet.
- Provide light for reading by choosing swing-arm or flexible bedside lamps.