Archive for Wednesday, June 20, 2012

LJWorld.com, other World Company sites undergo maintenance tonight

June 20, 2012

Due to technical maintenance beginning tonight at 9:30, some stories may not appear on LJWorld.com, KUSports.com, Lawrence.com or WellCommons.com until Thursday morning. The maintenance will improve the functions of our content management system.

We apologize for this inconvenience. For breaking news stories Wednesday night, please check out our Tumblr page, and our social media channels on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

jjt 5 years, 1 month ago

It is a pity that when World Co sold Sunflower to Knology they did not sell their reputation for excellence that went with their service. That Gmail and Sunflower will not work together is constantly denied by Knology or they blame it on Gmail. Tier 3 tickets abound and no replies. This is hurting any number of Sunflower email users and is unacceptable. Here in LJW on line we have an example of "Sorry folks we need to .... we will be back up soon" It is a shame Knology can not do the same. "We are having difficulties with our server and so and so is going to happen" I feel sorry for Knology's first line techies who are polite but have no idea what is going on. They do if you really call them on it, but they need to their job too.

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

I can see some potential problems here with the addition of photos, but surely nobody would post inappropriate pictures.

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

Testing the suggest removal option

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

My morning post on Rhonda's blog has been disappearded. It was there earlier and also no longer appears in my comments list. I had commented that the gnomes were possibly responsible for the weird things happening on LJW overnight. It was there for a while, then it was gone. I'm telling you, those gnomes are up to no good.

5thStPhoggers 5 years, 1 month ago

The gmail situation is getting ridiculous. And they complain about snail mail. It is now taking 2 days to receive or get any gmail delivered due to delays. And my ISP has nothing to do with this? I think not, Knology. Figure it out!

Alex Parker 5 years, 1 month ago

We have permanently redirected the AE page to Lawrence.com. There you can find everything that was housed on the AE page with the exception of horoscopes. Horoscopes can now be found under the Living tab on LJWorld.com.

NotRelated 5 years, 1 month ago

Same issue with mobile site, cannot access full site, yucky.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Hmmm . . . Seems some replies to comments still appear under the original comment, others are hidden and the "repllies" button undr the comment must be clicked . . .

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Also need to check spelling, grammar and content cuz there is no in-between once you hit post!

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

And now I see the "edit" under my post . . . ah, well . . . everything comes with a learning curve . . .

classclown 5 years, 1 month ago

I've tried posting something 3 times now. Am I being censored?

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Well . . . looks like we can post in all CAPS now . . .

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 1 month ago

I totally love the changes, makes for a much better looking and functioning comment page. Thanks, guys, I know it was a lot of work to accomplish this and I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

Terry Sexton 5 years, 1 month ago

I hate change & I'm going to whine. Oh...never mind, I'll go directly to time-out & pout for a while.

somedude20 5 years, 1 month ago

So now all posts won't go live until someone OK's them? Posted a remark on the smoking 10 feet from the door and it didn't show up but a message on my comments paig said it was waiting for approval. Is that there are so few remarks with the stories today?

cowboy 5 years, 1 month ago