Archive for Wednesday, June 20, 2012

LJWorld.com, other World Company sites undergo maintenance tonight

June 20, 2012

Due to technical maintenance beginning tonight at 9:30, some stories may not appear on LJWorld.com, KUSports.com, Lawrence.com or WellCommons.com until Thursday morning. The maintenance will improve the functions of our content management system.

We apologize for this inconvenience. For breaking news stories Wednesday night, please check out our Tumblr page, and our social media channels on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

cowboy 1 year, 9 months ago

this site is so slow now , almost dead ,

somedude20 1 year, 9 months ago

So now all posts won't go live until someone OK's them? Posted a remark on the smoking 10 feet from the door and it didn't show up but a message on my comments paig said it was waiting for approval. Is that there are so few remarks with the stories today?

Andini 1 year, 9 months ago

I like to "like" my comments.

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

I hate change & I'm going to whine. Oh...never mind, I'll go directly to time-out & pout for a while.

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

OMG. I hate peeps that make long posts in all caps. I refuse to read any of those folks. It is a sign of trollism.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 9 months ago

I totally love the changes, makes for a much better looking and functioning comment page. Thanks, guys, I know it was a lot of work to accomplish this and I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

FREE THE ORIGINAL BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classclown 1 year, 9 months ago

I've tried posting something 3 times now. Am I being censored?

classclown 1 year, 9 months ago

Why is there no "Dislike" button?

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Hmmm . . . Seems some replies to comments still appear under the original comment, others are hidden and the "repllies" button undr the comment must be clicked . . .

NotRelated 1 year, 9 months ago

Same issue with mobile site, cannot access full site, yucky.

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

Oh and you still didn't fix the entertainment tab at the top. It used to go to the AE news page. Now it goes to lawrence.com Where did the AE page go?

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm not a fan of the mobile site. And when I click on "full site" it still only lets me look at the mobile one. Ick.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

The mobile site is now the same bandwidth hogging site as the regular site?

5thStPhoggers 1 year, 9 months ago

The gmail situation is getting ridiculous. And they complain about snail mail. It is now taking 2 days to receive or get any gmail delivered due to delays. And my ISP has nothing to do with this? I think not, Knology. Figure it out!

LadyJ 1 year, 9 months ago

I can see some potential problems here with the addition of photos, but surely nobody would post inappropriate pictures.

jjt 1 year, 9 months ago

It is a pity that when World Co sold Sunflower to Knology they did not sell their reputation for excellence that went with their service. That Gmail and Sunflower will not work together is constantly denied by Knology or they blame it on Gmail. Tier 3 tickets abound and no replies. This is hurting any number of Sunflower email users and is unacceptable. Here in LJW on line we have an example of "Sorry folks we need to .... we will be back up soon" It is a shame Knology can not do the same. "We are having difficulties with our server and so and so is going to happen" I feel sorry for Knology's first line techies who are polite but have no idea what is going on. They do if you really call them on it, but they need to their job too.

classclown 1 year, 9 months ago

Why isn't there a "dislike" button?

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

I think Ima gonna "like" this . . .