Archive for Sunday, June 10, 2012

TerriLois Gregory moves to Ottawa

June 10, 2012

OTTAWA— A freshman conservative Republican in the Kansas House has moved to another city to run for re-election, avoiding a potential primary contest with another GOP conservative.

Rep. TerriLois Gregory lived in Baldwin City when she was elected in the 10th District of northeast Kansas in 2010. The district included part of Douglas County and neighboring Franklin County.

But three federal judges hearing a political redistricting lawsuit adjusted House districts last week to account for shifts in population over the past decade.

The new 10th District now includes the Eudora home of Rep. Anthony Brown, who was first elected in 2004.

Gregory announced Saturday that she moved to Ottawa, now outside the 10th District, and registered to vote there to run for the open 59th District seat.

Comments

yourworstnightmare 1 year, 10 months ago

"TerriLois Gregory moves to Ottawa."

And tragically, her hair was shot and mounted and will stay above the fireplace in the home of a Baldwin City man.

Mike Ford 1 year, 10 months ago

me, my wife and my dad were at the debate between her and tony brown. this genius read??? from a piece of paper like a junior high student giving a report while baker professor brown looked like shaq taking on mugsy bogues in a dunk contest. of course dumb dominated that election cycle not only in douglas county but across this state. I remember telling her that when I heard the words states rights I equated it with george wallace blocking an african american student from entering the u of alabama. it's crazy that people have such short memories of history. I cringed when she said the words lock and load. she was nothing but a brownybot. people like her make me think I could run for public office. most republicans make me think I could run for public office.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

"I wonder how many of the previous posters have ever had the guts to run for public office, get elected, serve in Topeka and then run for re-election despite the fact that there will always be a group of morons who will make ridiculous, ignorant comments about that service." Mr. Koch.

Our definitions of service differ.

thtb 1 year, 10 months ago

TerriLois carpet bagged into the previously drawn 10th District and now she wants to carpet bag into Ottawa the 59th District. Citizens in the 59th, Caleb Correll would be a MUCH better choice.

cato_the_elder 1 year, 10 months ago

blindrabbit 1 year, 10 months ago

prospector: Thanks for sharing that picture of two dimwits. Embarassing to think that Kansans would actually elect these!

irvan moore 1 year, 10 months ago

i don't get why she moved to another district if brown isn't going to run for that seat

cowboy 1 year, 10 months ago

Wheres Waldo

Wheres Terri ?

I trust Kohack will be performing due diligence on all these geograhphicly challenged candidates.

bad_dog 1 year, 10 months ago

I was hoping she moved to Ottawa, Ontario.

observant 1 year, 10 months ago

Heard rumor that she really lives in a small motor home that she can park wherever it's politically feasible to live.

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm getting more private everyday. I was banished Friday. Now I will have no good excuse to go to Hermann's Meat Market.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 10 months ago

The color of her hair is irrelevant. Stanley is the first name, Ann is the middle name. Don't you think that making fun of someones name is rather a, well, cheap shot?

prospector 1 year, 10 months ago

TerriLois, career politician wanabee. Never mind the illegal activities she was fined for or the tape recording incident. Lets hope she enjoys Ottawa as a private citizen come November.

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

O"Bob, I think maybe she need to be in the remake of "Dallas". How in the world do you just up and move to a different town on a whim just to run for office? This sounds pretty fishy to me. Where does she really live? Where did she come from? Why is her hair so blonde?

riverdrifter 1 year, 10 months ago

Gregory rented in Baldwin, having moved there a few months before she ran for office. Few in BC had ever heard of her. On the run-up to the election the countryside was literally plastered with her campaign signs, which obviously the Kochs or some other wingnut operation paid for.

yourworstnightmare 1 year, 10 months ago

Brown will face Holland in the 3rd senate, and it is unclear who will face John Wilson, democrat, in the newly GOP-vacated 10th house.

FalseHopeNoChange 1 year, 10 months ago

What is it with Kansas 'Wheatbender' women and their first names?

TerriLois? or my favorite 'Wheatbender' female first name. Stanley Ann.

All TerrLois needs is a piece of 'staw' hanging out of her mouth.

yourworstnightmare 1 year, 10 months ago

Brown has filed for the 3rd senate race. Oops.

Roland Gunslinger 1 year, 10 months ago

Jack McGee called it.

Now lets see if she really moved or just rented a cheap apartment while actually living in her house in Baldwin.

I smell a faint hint of possible fraud sniff sniff

chootspa 1 year, 10 months ago

I hope someone runs against both Brown and Gregory. They need to go.

verity 1 year, 10 months ago

What happens if nobody files in time to run in a district?

Write in?

Some years ago, in the district I grew up in, some of the Republicans wanted to give the current representative a scare because she was too liberal (meaning pro-choice), so they voted for the extreme rightwing candidate in the primary, thinking that he wouldn't win. Well, he did win the primary and thought he had the position, as no Democrat was running. Desperation and hysteria ensued and, finally at the last minute, the incumbent was persuaded to run as a write in. She won.

WilburNether 1 year, 10 months ago

That's pathetic. Get a life, TerriLois.

observant 1 year, 10 months ago

Desperate to keep drawing a state check for doing absolutely nothing.

Shelley Bock 1 year, 10 months ago

This is funny. Wonder what the good people of the Ottawa area will think of her. Don't know if they have an incumbent already.

I wonder if some of the participants in the lack of legislative action now rue the missed chances for compromise. This is what happens when politicians become strident and unwavering in their positions. No one is satisfied when a neutral party comes in and establishes order instead of recognizing divisive politics.

Personally, a neutral commission should be established that would decide this type of issue. Enough of the legislature held hostage by intransigent political factions.

Pywacket 1 year, 10 months ago

D-bag-lady extraordinaire.... Nobody in Baldwin will miss her.