Archive for Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kansas to resubmit Medicaid waiver request to feds

June 6, 2012

— Kansas plans to resubmit a request to the federal government for permission to overhaul the state’s $2.9 billion-a-year Medicaid program.

State officials said Tuesday they want to solicit additional comments about the overhaul from Indian health clinics in Lawrence and White Cloud.

Gov. Sam Brownback’s administration said the move won’t change plans to issue contracts this summer to three private insurers to manage Medicaid, which covers health care for the poor, disabled and elderly. The contracts would start in January.

The state needs the federal government to waive Medicaid rules. Kansas filed a request in April.

Brownback’s administration acknowledged the Indian clinics weren’t formally notified of the state’s plans as it consulted with leaders of the four tribes with Kansas reservations.

Two public hearings are planned.

Comments

coleja 1 year, 10 months ago

Gov Brownback is such a clown.

Liberty_Or_Death 1 year, 10 months ago

Pull our blinds shut... Exactly what's wrong my Lawrence family, wake up!

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

If you don't wish to see those things that are coming you may have to pull your blinds shut.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 1 year, 10 months ago

I know very few on disability that are not able to copulate, go to walmart, garage sales or anything else they want to do that does not involve some type of employment.

Jean Robart 1 year, 10 months ago

I agree that Medicaid needs an overhaul, but not this one. I get $7950 per six months from being on disability. Medicaid wants me to pay $4980 per six months before they will cover anything. Do the math---that leaves me less than $3000 per six months to pay rent, utilities, gasoline, and pay bills. I am writing my appeal to Medicaid today.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 10 months ago

Without forking over some pay-to-play, Kansas won't have a chance with the feds.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 10 months ago

Is Sam Brownback a shareholder in the medical insurance industry? I vote yes. Are the Koch people involved with the medical insurance industry.... yes.

This is just Sam Brownback responding to his leaders who want to take over trillions of state tax dollars for their own profiteering. It's known as over throwing the state services systems yet supporting private industry with tax dollars aka guaranteed profits.

I don't know that many people who are pleased with the medical insurance industry interfering with health care.

In fact I don't know that many people who are pleased with the medical insurance industry.

Health insurers have forced consumers to pay billions of dollars in medical bills that the insurers themselves should have paid.

More on this story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/24/AR2009062401636.html

Mike1949 1 year, 10 months ago

Being on medicare, if my services are sliced or what I pay goes up drastically, (it raised about 8% a year or around $10) I will be first in line looking for a good attorney! I hope the federal government turns them down because they are suppose to be here to protect the people from scams and dictators!

woodscolt 1 year, 10 months ago

One more step in destroying the state of Kansas. Eventually, one day, the only people who will want to live in Kansas are the people who are to stupid to know how stupid they are.

Keep up the free fall Slime back