Archive for Sunday, June 3, 2012

LifeStar responding to life-threatening injury at Home Depot

June 3, 2012

A LifeStar air ambulance responded to a life-threatening injury to a 47-year-old man at Home Depot, 1901 W. 31st St., Sunday afternoon, according to Douglas County Emergency dispatchers.

The 911 call came in about 3:15 p.m., but first responders had little information about the injury.

Emergency crews reported the man was unconscious with facial injuries.

"It is unknown how the injuries occurred," said Eve Tolefree, a Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical spokeswoman.

The man was taken to Kansas University Medical Center, but Tolefree said she could not provide any additional details.

Check LJWorld.com for updates as they become available.

Comments

Richard Ballard 2 years, 6 months ago

Sure be nice to have an update on what happened sometime 4 hours after the accident.

Shelving fall in the store, parking lot accident, disgruntleded employee attack, whatever?

rc

John Sheppard 2 years, 6 months ago

HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOME DEPOT. HAPPENED BEHIND THE STORE BETWEEN 2 MEN NOT AFFILIATED WITH HOME DEPOT

DillonBarnes 2 years, 6 months ago

If that is their motivation, why would they even post this story in the first place? Sure, I have my issues with the LJWorld, but I just can't see how you can make that assumption from this story.

Rick Aldrich 2 years, 6 months ago

well at-a-boy LJworld, guess we'll have to watch channel 4 or 5 tonight to get the WHOLE story.

north420 2 years, 6 months ago

Amen to that. It's not so much the newspaper as it is the law enforcement or government. Lot more crime here then ever posted in any paper. Trust me, I know

DillonBarnes 2 years, 6 months ago

Two things:

1) A call on the police scanner does not necessarily equal a crime.

2) LJWorld has no requirement to report every street fight that breaks out.

I'll admit, there are times when I wonder why they post a certain story, but fail to post another, but I don't go so far as to think it's a huge police/newspaper conspiracy.

shaunepec 2 years, 6 months ago

If there aren't updates it's usually because we haven't been able to get any new info. We make the calls to the appropriate people but sometimes with shift changes with emergency personnel the info. Doesn't come as soon as we'd like. Shaun

commonsenselawrence 2 years, 6 months ago

Pywacket....If you really want to know what calls the police are responding to and what action had been taken, listen to an online scanner or go to the PD's website that lists all of the calls within the last 48 hours...here is the link http://police.lawrenceks.org/content/48-hours-calls

friendlyjhawk 2 years, 6 months ago

People that post anonymously and then demand to know more about the story are just nosy and crass. If it doesn't involve you, stay out of it. Yes, I know that others will want this post removed or want to tell me that everything that happens in Lawrence directly impacts on all. Just because John Dunne wrote it (No Man Is An Island) doesn't make it so.

Cai 2 years, 6 months ago

You're right - how dare I request that the local news paper cover things that would be considered local news? How nosy and crass of me!