City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• Traffic heading in both directions on the 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue will be redirected as crews work to demolish the bridge. Completion: November 2012.
• The outside lane of eastbound traffic on Sixth Street from Monterey Way to Kasold Drive will be closed. Crews will also be working on installing an eastbound right-turn lane at Sixth and Kasold. Completion: Aug. 10.
• The outside east- and westbound lanes of Sixth Street from Iowa to Monterey Way will be closed with work happening between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. Crews will be replacing the curb and gutters on Sixth and installing a right-turn lane at Sixth and Kasold. This week, crews will begin work on replacing the curb and gutter on Sixth from Iowa to Missouri and a bus lane at Schwarz Road. Completion: by Aug. 10.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• County Road 1055 (also known as Sixth Street) between U.S. Highway 56 (Ames Street) and Firetree Avenue will be closed. It will likely stay closed through July, but there will be a marked detour.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road is closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour is provided. Completion: November 2012.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.