Archive for Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kansas Republicans critical of Obama’s address

January 24, 2012

— Kansas Republicans on Tuesday said President Barack Obama's State of the Union address was more about politics than policy.

"I'm ready to work with the president and the Democratic leadership in the Senate, but there has to be a blueprint," said U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kansas. "There has to be a plan forward. There has to be leadership and results. Tonight we heard a campaign speech," he said.

U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, said she was willing to work with Obama on bipartisan solutions but that his rhetoric was divisive.

"Rather than urging Americans to come together to tackle the challenges we face as a nation, the president seems content to stoke partisan disagreement and further divide the American people," said Jenkins, whose 2nd District includes west Lawrence.

"This may be effective rhetoric along the campaign trail, but even in a campaign year, I expect more out of a sitting president addressing Congress for a State of the Union," she said.

Obama urged Republicans and Democrats to work together but given the partisan battling, the political divide is expected by many to widen during this election year.

Comments

olddognewtrix 2 years, 7 months ago

TGypical partisan Republican knee jerk tea Pary reaction

oldvet 2 years, 7 months ago

...to a typical campaign speach that was all style and no substance.

parrothead8 2 years, 7 months ago

I don't know how Roberts was able to say "I'm ready to work with the President" while keeping a straight face.

Ken Lewis 2 years, 7 months ago

Because the very nature of these guys is disingenuous.

David Albertson 2 years, 7 months ago

Arent these the same people that told us the Iraq war would only be a few weeks or months. Aren't these the same people that said the Iraqi people would greet us as liberators? Aren't these the same people that said the war would be paid for by oil revenue? Aren't these the same people that have blocked routine legislation for political points? Aren't these the same people that took us to within a day of defaulting on our debt? Aren't these the same people that told us Obama was a muslim? Aren't these the same people that said Obama didn't have a valid birth certificate? So now they are saying they are ready to work with the President? I'm supposed to believe them now? I think not. The whole Republican party is a scam. If you don't like the Dems, vote for an independant. Keep these 2 faced liars out of power.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

Is this the same president who told us that if his Porkulus spending boondoggle were passed, unemployment would never exceed 8%? What's happened to the unemployment rate since then? What's the real underemployment rate for Americans?

That's not something Obama wants to talk about. Class warfare will be the only thing Obama will talk about right up to election day in November.

sourpuss 2 years, 7 months ago

I am troubled that you think a person's race has anything to do with someone supporting his or her ideas. And if he is recycling the same ideas, supposedly the same ideas that Bush and Reagan put out there ("of EVERY prez before him") then shouldn't Republicans be more happy than Democrats? Oh, that's right. This SotU was actually NOT like other ones. That is just a FoxNews soundbite and not reality.

KayCee 2 years, 7 months ago

No obession, just the facts.

Getaroom 2 years, 7 months ago

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

You guys are obsessed with race. Not "everyone" is. You have tunnel vision.

Jayhawk_4_Life 2 years, 7 months ago

the fact that you bring race into says everything about your views.

Kirk Larson 2 years, 7 months ago

I'd say that, since President Obama won by more than 8 million votes, race was not a factor since he would have won even without those 2.1 million you're all upset about.

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

No, it wasn't a major factor. You just feel it was.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

No, what's false is the politically-driven snake oil in the link you cited from a notoriously left-wing source.

In politics, a prediction on which the maker of the prediction intends the public to rely is a promise.

By the way, since you responded to my post, I am assuming that you're waiving your prior whining to the authorities about my responding to yours.

gudpoynt 2 years, 7 months ago

Predictions are the same thing as promises now?

littlexav 2 years, 7 months ago

I love how conservatives always call the truth "notoriously left-wing."

Ridiculous.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

From your "report":

"So, is the fact that unemployment rose even as the stimulus unfolded proof that it has failed? White House officials have steadfastly maintained that the stimulus is working, that even though the unemployment rate has risen above where it was projected in January 2009, it would be even worse if not for the stimulus.

That was the gist of Obama's claim in a town hall meeting on the economy in Racine, Wis., on June 30, 2010.

"Now, every economist who has looked at it has said that the recovery did its job," Obama said. "It put a brake on the collapse of the economy. We avoided a Great Depression. We are now growing again. The problem is, No. 1, it’s hard to argue sometimes, things would have been a lot worse. Right? So people kind of say, yeah, but unemployment is still at 9.6. Yes, but it’s not 12 or 13, or 15."

If that's not flag-waving, I don't know what is. The Obama administration clearly asserted that unemployment wouldn't exceed 8%. I remember distinctly when they said it. They know they've had a big problem with that for a long time, and no matter how much Clintonian word-parsing is attempted by flag-waving supporters posing as "analysts," Obama is stuck with it.

It's exactly the same as Obama's statement that he had three years to turn the economy around or he didn't deserve re-election:

You'd like to forget that he said that too, but in November of 2012 the voters won't.

plainspeaking 2 years, 7 months ago

"Porkukus" and "class warfare.". Wow, I haven't heard those terms used since I listened to Rush Limbaugh 20 years ago.

+1 for original ideas

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

Obama didn't put forth one original idea in his campaign speech last night.

I'm not running for re-election. He is, and has been since he was inaugurated.

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

Yes, President Obama was wrong. While he has done a pretty good job pulling us out of the 2008 position, he misjudged the maliciousness of the Republicans. He probably thought only a few nut jobs would prefer the America economy to worsen to working together to restore a strong economy. But he was wrong. Many of the far right would rather see American Economy worsen. Worst partisan politics this country has suffered in this century. One of the remarks Obama made in the speech spoke to my heart. I was ashamed and appalled when the Teas in Congress voted to not pay our bills as a cost saving measure. I know they were just posing to show their hatred of President Obama and to parade their power. But it made America look like a bunch of crazed wannabe deadbeats.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

"But it made America look like a bunch of crazed wannabe deadbeats."

But not all Americans. Just the ones who voted for Obama.

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

I have never heard any facts even suggesting President Obama was secretly for not paying the nation's debts. It was an open vote in Congress. Your comment and belief is probably a Fox lie.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

I don't think you got the thrust of my comment.

Kendall Simmons 2 years, 7 months ago

Neither did I. Want to try again?

I mean, your response literally was that the Tea Party's vote in Congress [the actual "it" you referred to] only made Americans who voted for Obama look nuts. And that makes zero sense.

I'm assuming you were trying to be clever. It didn't work.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

You claimed President Obama wanted a No vote on paying our debt, that was inaccurate. I am bemused you seem to not recall the vote in Congress that ended up reducing our credit rating. Lying about events well publicized and of open record is not that uncommon. But it is BS.
There seems to be a mind set that if you just say lies and no one corrects you then the lie has some truth. It is tiring to correct your comments, but no President Obama did not vote to "not pay our debts" Congress did vote to not pay our debts. You seem satisfied to present your voice as a voice of a liar or deluded individual. That is your choice.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 7 months ago

"You claimed President Obama wanted a No vote on paying our debt, that was inaccurate."

I never said that. You've been off track on this from the beginning.

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

To general forum reader. please excuse me for responding to this tripe.
I said "I was ashamed and appalled when the Teas in Congress voted to not pay our bills as a cost saving measure. I know they were just posing to show their hatred of President Obama and to parade their power. But it made America look like a bunch of crazed wannabe deadbeats." Cato the ? responded, ' Just the ones that voted for Obama.
Which is when I started saying you sounded nuts, Congress, not Obama voted to not pay our bills. Now you claim you weren't replying to my comment. You must be in lala land to assume people would understand you meant something else than you wrote and when you replied to me you weren't replying? So your remark was either a lie or you are deluded.

KS 2 years, 7 months ago

I find this picture interesting. The dynamic duo. Glad I did not watch it. Storage Wars was much more interesting.

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

There are details. you know that. I am sure if there is real interest or will to work with President Obama, he would work with Congress. He certainly has offered details on reducing the debt. Loss of jobs, lost homes, lack of training of workers make desperate families and decay housing stock. Blaming Obama for the economic melt down is just fraud. Blaming Obama for not being able to carry his load and congresses is fraud. Congress has failed us, and has been failing us for decades. I don't like the current situation, creating a precedent where a President must ignore congress to secure a better economy and job market for the country. I wish I felt he had a choice.
How horrible there is no will to work together, The economic melt down was not President Obama's fault, and returning to failed policies isn't the road I want this country to travel. We might not survive a revival of Bush style economics. The GOP fostering hate and blame is not a plan, it is a strategy. The ads insult us, portraying oil tycoons as mothers caring about their children. Claiming oil and clean coal will repair the economy. Not using oil and coal did not cause the melt down, The economic melt down was not caused by environmentalist riding bikes, the economy will not be fixed by having faith in oil companies.

question4u 2 years, 7 months ago

"Kansas Republicans critical of Obama’s address", oh, and the sky is blue, water is wet and Mike O'Neal giggles like a little girl at crass emails. This headline could have been written on Monday (and probably was).

"... the president seems content to stoke partisan disagreement and further divide the American people," said Jenkins, as she stoked partisan disagreement and further divided the American people. Hypocrisy Lynn, it's not just a word that you never learned. Some people actually think that it's a character flaw.

Bob_Keeshan 2 years, 7 months ago

You know what's divisive? Sam Brownback.

Raising taxes for 80% of Kansas taxpayers in order to pay for a large tax cut for corporations. That's divisive.

Also divisive -- loyal party members who say criticizing that type of boneheaded tax policy is "class warfare".

newmedia 2 years, 7 months ago

Didn't know state taxes had been raised yet during this legislative session. Guess I missed that one...

Kim Murphree 2 years, 7 months ago

President Obama gave a great speech last night. History will show that he is a GREAT President, who was saddled with failed policies, and in the face of divisiveness, won through. Thank you President Obama and First Lady Obama for your courage, intelligence, and spirit.. you are true examples of the American Dream, and all the best that America can be.

chootspa 2 years, 7 months ago

The one Bush created? Do your research, unlike Newt, and you'll find that Bush was actually "the food stamp king," since more more people were put on food stamps under Bush, but that factoid doesn't have that racist ring to it, now does it?

Kim Murphree 2 years, 7 months ago

You are definitely drinking the R koolaid...the stats show that any increase in foodstamp requests were very temporary...so I guess you might want to count all the people who got OFF foodstamps, too, but wait, no, the koolaid won't let you.

KS 2 years, 7 months ago

Storage Wars was better. A&E Network. Tuesday nights. It's reality. Not a bunch of BS!

jaywalker 2 years, 7 months ago

Their criticism was mine as well. Not the right time or place for a campaign speech.

jafs 2 years, 7 months ago

It's a bit curious to me - why would they expect the president to lay out their agenda?

He laid out his agenda, which differs from theirs. But, as far as I read, he's willing to work with them.

And, given the recent Boeing debacle, why would we want to "promote" aviation companies? We did that, with them, and they turned and left the state.

imastinker 2 years, 7 months ago

That's right. Sales and Property taxes are very high here. What's more, with appraisals on real estate going through the roof in the last ten years, the mill levy was never dropped and the cities, counties, and state still is strapped for cash.

imastinker 2 years, 7 months ago

Bob_Keeshan 2 years, 7 months ago

So clearly the solution is to raise sales and property taxes more and cut corporate taxes.

Yup, that'll work.

gudpoynt 2 years, 7 months ago

Bob is Right. Brownback wants to shift more of the tax burden away from income (individual AND corporate) onto property and sales taxes.

usnsnp 2 years, 7 months ago

What I find interisting is the Leadership of the Republicans in Congress was critizing {the Presidents speach even before he presented it last night.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 7 months ago

It had been widely reported in the media what the President was going to say. Just not the exact words. If I knew what he was going to say, we can assume the Republican leadership knew as well. If the point you're making is that Republicans typically criticize speeches by Democrats (and Democrats typically criticize speeches by Republicans), I'd agree with you. But making this sound like something unusual is not the way to go.

jafs 2 years, 7 months ago

You're right.

But, it's still a bit funny - can't they let him make the speech first?

Pastor_Bedtime 2 years, 7 months ago

Like receiving the Nobel Peace prize before even taking office?

Kendall Simmons 2 years, 7 months ago

Yup...but that was the Nobel committee being silly, not Americans :-)

Mike Ford 2 years, 7 months ago

dumblicans elected by a head in the sand constituency....how kansas of them.....

Shelley Bock 2 years, 7 months ago

Maybe I don't care anymore about "post-game" interviews, but did anyone not expect that the Republicans would trash Obama's speech. They will always deem it political without plans bipartisanship or details.

Would you rather he say "Everyone please turn to page 139, paragraph 3 and we'll examine why we increase taxes 1.7% on those earning between $255,000 to $262,500. After that exercise, we'll examine each deportation case individually that has occurred in the past year. Next week we'll go through the Federal Register and discuss each and every regulation that has come about in my administration." Is that the type of detail Jenkins or Roberts wants? Get real.

Every year after each State of the Union the party out-of-power says "Didn't like it. No details. It is a political speech. We need bipartisanship". It would make headlines if Roberts had stated "President hit a home run. He's got some great ideas we Republicans should adopt, etc." I would be surprised if he would say that the speech was simply "interesting" and leave out the commentary. I hated Bush's State of the Union speeches just as much because he would come out with grandiose pronouncements and no details. I suppose Obama's critics think that Bush's speeches were enlightening, informative and had all the details clearly stated.

Maybe the President should just go back to the tradition of sending over a written statement to Congress. Wouldn't happen in this day, but then we could avoid those dumping on the Office by their inane comments. I recognize that such a criticism could be leveled against me when I would talk about Bush's State of the Union messages.

This post speech critique is worthless unless it is made to specific statements.

mloburgio 2 years, 7 months ago

Pat the world is still waiting for you to finish Phase II in the manipulation of Iraq intelligence, warrantless domestic spying, and torture – Roberts has transformed his committee into a “Senate Coverup Committee” for the Bush administration.

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS): Chairman of the Senate Cover-up Committee

mloburgio 2 years, 7 months ago

U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka voted to end MEDICARE, SOCIAL SECURITY and MEDICAID!

This analysis shows the immediate and long-term impacts of these changes in the 2nd Congressional District in Kansas, which is represented by Rep. Lynn Jenkins. The Republican proposal would have adverse impacts on seniors and disabled individuals in the district who are currently enrolled in Medicare. http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/medicare_2011/KS2.Jenkins.pdf

mloburgio 2 years, 7 months ago

U.S. Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler, Huelskamp Farms Fowler, KS 67844 collected $1,594,867.35 from the Farm subsidy welfare for poor farmers program

Huelskamp Farms Fowler, KS 67844 $ 1,594,867.35 from 1995-2010

fearthetaliban 2 years, 7 months ago

Tim, give that welfare $$ back you hypocrite

Flap Doodle 2 years, 7 months ago

Biden looks so life-like in the photo.

Ken Lewis 2 years, 7 months ago

They should change the name of the event to "The Address of Megalomania". It has been that way, at least, since I heard my first one by Reagan in 1984.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 2 years, 7 months ago

This is not news! This is a foregone conclusion. I would assume that they had their attacks on the State of the Union address prepared by the middle of the afternoon. These facist throwbacks have only one agenda, to get their corrupt and inept "candidate" elected so they can carve up the USA.

billbodiggens 2 years, 7 months ago

In other words, we aint budging. Same-o, same-o. Washington is in leadership (both sides) bankruptcy.

Only_place_to_live_in_KS 2 years, 7 months ago

There was a great comment made about class warfare last night. Republicans are crying that Obama is focusing on this too much by asking those that can afford to pay more, to pay more. However, no one is crying class warfare when Gingrich and the other Republicans state that the poor are lazy and describe Obama as a "Food Stamp President". How is demonizing the poor not class warfare? How is that any more acceptable than Obama asking the fortunate to pay their fair share. Many people that were not poor have been forced to use food stamps because they can't find a job and need food. Eliminating social programs will not help motivate someone to find a job that has already been unable to find one. There are people that abuse these programs and they should be punished, but these programs were created and still exist for a reason. There is an honest need for some to use food stamps and other need based programs. These people should not be punished or made to feel inferior because they have fallen on hard times.

Only_place_to_live_in_KS 2 years, 7 months ago

So you think that Gingrich or Romney will be better "leaders" and not simply community organizers for the rich? President Bush and his administration created every foreign relation and economic issue that we are experiencing today. Republicans simply have an issue with remembering that.

kansanbygrace 2 years, 7 months ago

I don't know what countries you've been in recently. I've been in several Central and South American countries and work with many Europeans there, and the last 2-3 years their opinion of the US has gone up dramatically. In fact, the only place in the world where the reality of our improvements both domestically and internationally is not recognized is in the "right-wing" US press and their cousins in Europe.

You are completely wrong.

Shelley Bock 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm in total agreement with you kansanbygrace. I've been in England for 5 months now and no one, absolutely no one says anything bad about Obama and the position of the US at this time. They save all of their negative comments for Bush, Greece and American owners of football (soccer) clubs.

At this time, they think that the Republican candidates are, well, bizarre and crazy. I wouldn't go that far, but they can't see how any of them would be elected. I remind that it is the US that you're talking about and many things can, and do, happen.

Thought for the day seen in the Angel Tube Station in London "Stop repeat offenders. Don't elect them!"

kansanbygrace 2 years, 7 months ago

Yes, I hang with a crowd from many countries who are engineers and oil people, manufacturers, agronomists, missionaries, teachers, from about 6 or 7 Asian countries and virtually every country in Europe. These are "do the job" people, so their views are very concrete-realm oriented. That may be why you see a disparity with your friends in England. A newsreader's personal voting preferences and those of the people who generate and edit what they have to read may be drastically different. I refer to the single-source AP and the owners of the majority of the news outlets, who are predominately corporate globalist in their orientation. That's what I meant by rightwing.

Kendall Simmons 2 years, 7 months ago

Keystone claims about jobs is baloney. Read the Cornell report about the bogus "oh, we're going to create 22,000 jobs" claims.

Never mind that most of the jobs created have already come and gone during Phase 1 and 2. (You do realize this is Phase 3, right?) Never mind that the original report included jobs that had ZERO to do with the Keystone pipeline. My personal "favorite" was that they based their claims on manhours, not actual jobs, so that, if you worked on Keystone for 3 years, they counted that as 3 jobs. Does that sound like 3 jobs to you?

Read the Cornell report before thinking the Keystone job creation claims are anywhere close to what the proponents claimed. And please tell us how jobs that have already come and gone are going to help workers today...please?????

yourworstnightmare 2 years, 7 months ago

Great speech by the President.

He signaled he is willing to work with Congress, but will move forward without them if they are recalcitrant. A controlled choice for a childish Congress.

Down with the filibuster. The filibuster is an unconstitutional "gentleman's agreement" in the senate which effectively makes the senate a 2/3 majority decision making body and runs counter to the simple majority described for the senate in the Constitution.

tomatogrower 2 years, 7 months ago

Yet congress won't do anything, and then they blame it on the president. Way to go traitors in Congress. You are more concerned with getting rid of a black man as president than you are with the country's economy. Besides, why should you care. You got yours, the heck with everyone else.

Kendall Simmons 2 years, 7 months ago

Too bad you don't know anyone who owns a business affected by corporate tax rates. In other words, too bad you don't know anyone who owns a C corp. If you did, you could talk to them, and they would laugh their butt off about your naivete.

It is NOT the marginal tax rates that lead corporations to move their jobs overseas. That's just a fantasy argument used by politicians to fool people like you. Rather, it's that workers in, say, China will work a heck of a lot cheaper than American workers (and, no, I'm not talking about union workers).

Americans want more and more stuff for lower and lower prices. Paying $2.50 an hour to a worker allows for lower prices than does paying even $7.50 an hour minimum wage. That extra $5 an hour saving per worker? The business can lower their prices by half their wage savings, and still make the other half in increased profit.

So, sorry. The "flipping idiot" is not Obama in this case. I wouldn't even say it's you...but it certainly is your ignorance about corporate taxes that leads you to assuming such foolish things.

headdoctor 2 years, 7 months ago

Ron Paul? Really, Really. So you think putting someone in office that is a fascist, racist and would prefer that women are kept in their place, that also supports theocracy is a great idea. I am thinking you either do not understand what Ron Paul is all about or you are just as bad as him.

beatrice 2 years, 7 months ago

I hear pancakes are critical of crepes, too.

beatrice 2 years, 7 months ago

I know. Just look at all the attacks against Obama that have nothing to do with his speech at all! The group-think of such attacks is scary. It must be the Kool Aid.

globehead 2 years, 7 months ago

Kansas Republicans critical of Obama’s address would have a quality of thinking along the same lines of quality as those doing their shopping at say, Walmart or Target, etc. If Kansas politicians are critical, then Obama must on the correct track.

IndusRiver 2 years, 7 months ago

Obama did not run the United States, Iraq, Afghanistan, and world markets into the ground.

IndusRiver 2 years, 7 months ago

...All those confedrate flags still a-flappin' in the breeze. Southern aristocrats - the war's been over how long now?

Just be glad you don't have to pay 'em back since you write the legislation, eh?

IndusRiver 2 years, 7 months ago

FYI:

Medicare is a colossal mess because it is the easiest government program to defraud. And it is defrauded to the tune of billions a year.

Secondly, whenever someone retires or needs disability payments, they are mandated to accept Medicare. They have NO choice, and that's a problem. I often wonder how many people would refuse to accept Medicare if they had a choice.

Democracy = choice.

headdoctor 2 years, 7 months ago

The last few posts have mentioned democracy and free market. What country are you people discussing? The US is a democratic republic and we do not have a free market.

IndusRiver 2 years, 7 months ago

kernal 2 years, 7 months ago

We really should lighten up on the KS Repubs - they only did what they do best.

tomatogrower 2 years, 7 months ago

I heard one Republican say that out sourcing jobs had nothing to do with the crisis. Maybe not, but why should a company get a tax break to take jobs out of the US? Duh. If you give an incentive to a company to keep their jobs in the US, you create jobs for US citizens. It just doesn't count if you are creating jobs for Chinese or Indians. You can brag all you want about creating jobs, but if they aren't here, I don't want to hear it. Penalize companies who take their jobs away. Reward countries who create jobs right here.

Jeremiah Jefferson 2 years, 7 months ago

I can't believe how many moronic arm chair quarterbacks there are in support of the republican and the democratic party. Most the people choosing either party are doing so primarily because mom and dad did or because their friends did it that way. Stupid idiots can't even think for themselves. Half of the people here watch too much tv and talk about stuff they have no clue about. One thing is for certain, this countries problems are rooted so deep that unless we as a country come together, we will continue to have this pathetic bickering between political parties for many more years to come. We will continue to face the very problems that exist in this country for a long time. Say what you want about Obama's speach, but he said what needed to be said a long time ago and he is putting his best foot foward which is more than I can say for the Republican party who stedfastly refuses to compromise. Democrats are just as guilty. The American people are just as guilty. The voter turn out in this country is pathetic. There was a mere 38% of eligible voters that showed up in the last presidential election and the ones that do vote don't even know what they are voting for. They aren't voting for the issues at hand, they are voting for the party. Its a crying shame that in a country as powerfull as the one we live in, thats the best we can do. So all you Republicans and Democrats, keep it up.. Keep on driving this country into the ground. Its obvious niether party wants to be a part of the soloution. I didn't vote for Obama last go around and honestly I never have cared for the guy. But weather your a Democrat or a Republican he said what needed to be said last night.

Jeremiah Jefferson 2 years, 7 months ago

Im sorry it was 56.8% voter turn out in the last presidential election. Either way, thats piss poor. There is a lot of people in this world who don't even get a chance to vote and dang near half the people in this country piss it away. Thats awesome..

TinmanKC 2 years, 7 months ago

Pat Roberts should have to wear a jumpsuit like Nascar drivers with the logos of all his corporate sponsors on it. His offices should all have "For Sale" signs out front.

tomatogrower 2 years, 7 months ago

"Roberts said he wished Obama had laid out details on reducing regulations, reforming taxes for all Americans, promoting businesses, such as aviation companies, and reducing entitlement spending."

Would someone tell Roberts that Congress is suppose to write the laws, not the president. Or will ALEC cut him off if he tries to write a law himself?

beatrice 2 years, 7 months ago

Did any of them forward any e-mails to voice their displeasure with the President ... or the First Lady?

Fred Whitehead Jr. 2 years, 7 months ago

We had the money. It is being repaid. Next falshood, lateralis??

Richard Heckler 2 years, 7 months ago

"U.S. Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler, blasted Obama, saying the president "is running from his record but there is nowhere to hide."

So says the party of no...

BRING ON EMPLOYMENT = THE GREATEST REPUBLICAN FEAR ON EARTH!!!

Keep in mind a prospering america can overcome repub fear mongering... it must.

What is the repub party afraid? Why do they ALWAYS say no?

Repubs:

• Fear a dramatically improved quality of life for all americans

• Fear Jobs Jobs Jobs for americans

• Fear New USA industry thus new wealth for america

• Fear new cleaner energy sources because it would create so many new jobs and reduce rates across the board

• Fear Improved Medicare Insurance for All = huge tax dollar savings to government,public schools,small business and all of us in general. Single Payer Medicare is the answer. http://www.healthcare-now.org/

• Fear Clean Collar Industries which produce jobs that cannot be outsourced

• Fear educated Americans because WE ask questions

• Fear llosing of tax incentives/tax breaks for the wealthy that actually create tax increases for entire spectrum of the middleclass

• Repubs should NOT fear a dramatically improved quality of life for all Americans but they keep saying NO

• Repubs should NOT fear Clean air, clean water, clean energy and healthy green space scattered throughout America however they always vote NO

• Repubs fear a dramatically improved quality of life for all WOULD keep them out of control for decades.

BRING ON EMPLOYMENT = THE GREATEST REPUBLICAN FEAR ON EARTH!!!

Flap Doodle 2 years, 7 months ago

"...And there is another type of Caps Lock user who doesn’t capitalize whole sentences but INSTEAD capitalizes a few SPECIFIC words for EMPHASIS. Now read a sentence like that aloud, shouting every time you come to a capitalized word, and tell me you do not sound like an absolute freakin’ lunatic. This method can turn even basic known facts into crazy-sounding gibberish (“The SQUARE of the HYPOTENUSE of a RIGHT triangle equals the SUM of the squares of the OTHER two sides”)... http://pjmedia.com/blog/tips-for-not-appearing-crazy-on-the-internet/

Fred Whitehead Jr. 2 years, 7 months ago

Why is this a news item. If the President had said that up is up and down is dwn these facists would have said the opposite. iIf the President had said that the sun comes up in the East, 41 tea parters would have screamed that it comes up in the West. If the President said that water runs downhill, Robber and Moron would have posted a facebook that water runs uphill. If the president said that the earth rotates around the sun, Rush Limbaugh would have said that it rotates around Mars. Do not take any of these Republican Terrorists too seriously. They only want to defeat the government. They have no credibility.

James Nelson 2 years, 7 months ago

Isn't it just sad that regular republican voters in Kansas march blindly to the polls to pull the red handle. They no more have an idea if their candidate is honest or, like themselves, acting without doing any thinking at all. It can wind up devastating our country. It almost did under dubya. All I ask is that they do some thinking and listen to both sides of more arguments. The truth is there. For God's sake, and the sake of our country, look for it - demand it.

WilburNether 2 years, 7 months ago

Only an absolute idiot would NOT be critical of Obama's address.