Archive for Thursday, January 12, 2012

Prosecutors file aggravated battery charge against woman for Burrito King incident

January 12, 2012

Douglas County prosecutors have charged a 24-year-old Lawrence woman with aggravated battery after an altercation in the Burrito King drive-through lane.

Prosecutors filed the case against April Ann Jones who was arrested early on Jan. 1 after she was accused of battering a woman outside Burrito King, 900 Ill. Police said a 31-year-old Lawrence woman said the fight began when her vehicle rolled and struck the vehicle in front of her.

The victim alleged Jones and another woman then got out of their vehicle and began hitting her. The 31-year-old woman was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital for treatment, and police later arrested Jones, who posted $750 bond and was given notice to appear in court Thursday.

Police said at the time they did not find the second suspect.

Comments

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

the burrito king just goes blithely on promoting burrito rage.

if burritos are outlawed, then only outlaws will have burritos.

mandate a 24-hour waiting period and a mental health check before burrito store operators can sell their evil weapons of destruction. they should also have to check CCW licenses.

[btw, I ate burritos tonight lol]

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

so, 9;55 post was removed eh. just wondering if that was miss kristeniswright87 back again?

Herecomesthewaterweasel 2 years, 3 months ago

have not eaten there since i heard somebody took a dump in the beans. Also there are Roaches swarming that place.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

Con1! ROTFL!!!!

your poem is hilarious!

we must raise money starting immediately to erect a monument stone next to the King with that poem inscribed in it in huge lettering!

so funny!

consumer1 2 years, 3 months ago

So is a goodarse whoopin now on the menu at Burrito King? "Hi, I would like to have a goodarse whoopin and a large coke please."

consumer1 2 years, 3 months ago

She was eating her taco while driving a bultaco while in line she did wait someone clipped her at the gate in anger she replied with burrito and taco at her side

Her burrito she threw as the bump was her que. She battered her bumper with a chalupe she thumped her.

and now she is in jail bemoaning and wail It's not my fault I didn't mean as I went to demean, I slipped on a bean. whacken her clean at the burrito king.

Grant_Runyun 2 years, 3 months ago

stalin_was_a_hero 2 years, 3 months ago

Is this on youtube available for viewing pleasure yet?

stalin_was_a_hero 2 years, 3 months ago

Is this on youtube available for viewing pleasure yet?

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

*we may wish to remember this one for my 'best threads of 2012!' pretty funny so far.

kristeniswright87

Mistakes happen and people feel regret.

January 13, 2012 at 12:14 a.m.

---uh, you speaking for yourself Kristen?

and, btw, I'm married, have several quite dear female friends.
I simply tend to avoid skanky drunk wenches who have anger problems and get drunk and drive at 2a.m.

there are better women to associate with around here.

Andini 2 years, 3 months ago

At least she didn't get stuck in the drive thru window...

frankfussman 2 years, 3 months ago

I eat at the Burrito King often. I even use my elementary Spanish when ordering. The food is good and cheap.

labmonkey 2 years, 3 months ago

Just not classy enough for Chipolte. Burrito King kind of reminds me of that 100 tacos for $100 place in The Simpsons... the one that used to be a photo developing booth.

beatrice 2 years, 3 months ago

A King really isn't somebody until he has his Queen.

James Minor 2 years, 3 months ago

After the cost of diversion, cheap burritos filled with roach legs, diarreha, pepto bismol, and jail time. She will wonder if it was worth it.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

good, now she'll have a 'wrap' sheet, hope she really gets fried so she won't be so saucey next time.

that is, unless she greases somebody's palm and is let off easy. but I don't think she's got a hope of that in a hill of beans.

cletus26 2 years, 3 months ago

i stopped eating there years ago. many years ago ( over 12) and don't plan to go there and eat anytime soon

cardpotato 2 years, 3 months ago

agree, i would never eat there either