Archive for Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Woman arrested after fight at Lawrence burrito stand

January 3, 2012

A 24-year-old Lawrence woman was arrested Sunday on an aggravated battery charge after another woman was injured during an altercation in the Burrito King, 900 Ill., drive-thru lane.

Sgt. Matt Sarna, a Lawrence police spokesman, said the fight occurred at 2:20 a.m. Sunday after a 31-year-old Lawrence woman’s vehicle rolled and struck the vehicle in front of her. Sarna said the 24-year-old woman and another passenger got out of the vehicle. As the 31-year-old woman exited her vehicle, the two suspects began battering her.

The 31-year-old woman was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with injuries not believed to be life threatening. Police later located the 24-year-old woman and arrested her, but officers did not find the second suspect, Sarna said.

According to jail records, the 24-year-old woman posted $750 bond and was given notice to appear in court Jan. 12 if she’s formally charged. The Journal-World generally does not identify suspects unless they are formally charged.

Comments

verity 3 years, 3 months ago

Nothing good happens when you're out in Lawrence after 2:00 am, especially on New Year's Eve.

Glubbyworm 3 years, 1 month ago

Did the police take an accident report, or charge the drunk who ran into the car in front of her? She must have been drunk or blind, plus it sounds like she started the altercation by using her car as a weapon! The two in the other car may have been hurt! Sounds like a case of discrimination!

1029 3 years, 3 months ago

A better title for this article would be "Woman arrested after fight at Burrito King"

bearded_gnome 3 years, 3 months ago

... then only outlaws will eat burritos!

[insert Law and Order sound effect]

LOL!

blindrabbit 3 years, 3 months ago

How much hair pulling was involved; did either loose their bra? Nothing like a good cat fight!

somedude20 3 years, 3 months ago

I guess the good thing is that the 24 year old is already accustomed to eating jail food (Burrito King)

Yuck! I swear the meat from Burrito King is made from that monkey that use to ride the dog in the Taco John commercials

KansasPerson 3 years, 3 months ago

Wow, this makes no sense at all, especially the first line.

blindrabbit 3 years, 3 months ago

Are you refering to "Whiplash", unfortunately he passed away during a rodeo performance. But after watching David Letterman, it appears he has a replacement, it seems like monkey rodeo types perfer the border collie breed as their steeds.

somedude20 3 years, 3 months ago

my thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Whiplash's family.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

If nobody got stuck trying to climb through the dirve-up window, then it wasn't a real party.

riverdrifter 3 years, 3 months ago

What the heck was that guy's name, snap? I forget.

riverdrifter 3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks, all. Anyway it's far too late for the Dion Rayford retort now.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

It's never too late to make sport of dumb criminals.

tolawdjk 3 years, 3 months ago

I remember living across from that place in my younger, poorer years. You could tell time by when the drunks showed up.

beatrice 3 years, 3 months ago

I wouldn't want to tangle with anyone willing to eat at Burrito King at 2:00 am.

Christine Anderson 3 years, 3 months ago

It would be so nice if busineses could just refuse to serve stupid drunks, or just plain crazy people.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 3 months ago

sorry, yellowhouse is already closed.

besides, following your thought, then all the convenience stores would have to close from midnight to 6am.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 3 months ago

wow Jane, I didn't know you were so ghetto!

Charlie Bannister 3 years, 3 months ago

That stuff from Burrito King has got to have pet food in it. Ate there once, and was dumb enough to try it a second time thinking it was going to get better. Nope. Live and learn.

I was once sitting in a bar (won't say which one) in Lawrence minding my own business when two gals got into a fight. A beer bottle sailed right in front of my face (I could feel the wind as it went by) and broke against the juke box. The ensuing fight was something to behold. Never saw two men fight as seriously as these females did. It was for keeps. I am a big guy and no shrinking violet, but these women were a little scary. Been keeping my distance from females ever since :)

riverdrifter 3 years, 3 months ago

The burrito king no. 2 -all beans con cebolla- is one Robert Oppenheimer thermo-neuclear methane bomb.

James Minor 3 years, 3 months ago

How come there are no stray animals in the neighborhood and I never see any meat deliveries? Lucky for the girls they weren't fighting like a couple of wild dogs they could have been on menu!

eotw33 3 years, 3 months ago

eating there is punishment enough, adding jail time is just crual and unusual

bearded_gnome 3 years, 3 months ago

Naw, spam is better meat than what's in burrito king burritos.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 3 months ago

yet another sad case of 'burrito rage' in Lawrence at our "burrito stand."

this is at least the second one in recent history.

you suppose violent drunks are attracted there like by magnetism?

"I'm sgt. Joe Friday, and I was working the midnight shift out of the downtown division's burrito rage squad. my boss is capt. Hod salsa. and my partner is Harry Morgan. .. "

blindrabbit 3 years, 3 months ago

I heard they found Banana Sam safe and a little agitated, so no monkey meat involved in this story. But a couple of female gorillas will get their reward.

Glubbyworm 3 years, 1 month ago

Burrito king has the worst food I ever tasted! I think THEY should be arrested and shut down! Do they even have surveillance cameras there?!