Archive for Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bomb squad removes object from Lawrence woman’s deck

January 3, 2012

Lawrence police called in a bomb squad from Leavenworth County to remove an object from a Lawrence woman’s deck Saturday morning.

Sgt. Matt Sarna, a police spokesman, said the woman who lives at Gaslight Village Mobile Home Park, 1900 W. 31st St., called police about 7:30 a.m. Saturday when she found the object.

Sarna said officers arrived and then called in the bomb squad, which removed the object.

“We’re always very cautious in case it was some type of improvised device,” Sarna said.

No one was injured. He said the device would be examined further as part of the investigation. Police have not identified any suspects.

Comments

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 11 months ago

jayhawkinsf 2 years, 11 months ago

Do you have any evidence that the owners of Gaslight Village did this?
Off the top of my head I can think of a dozen more plausible scenarios. But since I have no evidence at all, I'll keep my speculation to myself rather than suggest someone my or may not have committed a very serious crime.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 11 months ago

Hey, pointless speculation is the order of the day around here. Get with the program.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 11 months ago

I said pointless speculation, not pointless trolling.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 11 months ago

That would be the ten minutes a day that you're not posting here.

jayhawkinsf 2 years, 11 months ago

I guess pointless speculation now gets your comment removed.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 11 months ago

Admin is going to be awfully busy if they're going to start removing all the pointless speculation on these boards. (and you do your fair share of it.)

jayhawkinsf 2 years, 11 months ago

As I've said many times, when I speculate, I call it speculation. When I opine, I label it as such.
You, on the other hand only state "facts" with no regard as to whether or not they are indeed facts, speculation, opinions, whatever. See the difference?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 11 months ago

Gee, aren't you lucky to have yourself around here to sing your own praise.

jayhawkinsf 2 years, 11 months ago

Really, Bozo, I have no problem having discussions with you. Some become heated, that doesn't bother me at all. But what I just said about opinions, speculation, etc. is true.
There seems to be some new rules in this forum. I was having a heated discussion with a poster who said Brownback's daughter should cover her face on her wedding day, she being ugly like her father. I objected to his/her line of thinking. His/her comments were removed. I did not suggest removal, just as I did not suggest removal of your comments above. Maybe someone else did. Or, and I'm speculating here, the forum's moderator is tightening up the rules. Like I said, I have no problem with you, your comments, whatever. I'm just sayin'...

Alex Parker 2 years, 11 months ago

Potentially libelous statements will get a comment removed.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 11 months ago

Hopefully, it was an obvious joke, but I can understand the reasoning behind the removal.

Cassie Powell 2 years, 11 months ago

Good question?

Why was this not reported with other New Years Eves events?

I live a couple spaces down and was just coming back from camping at jellystone, and was directed to keep kids inside. They never once let on to what was going on. Heard via another neighbor that it was a bomb of some sort. Spent 3 days looking at LJWORLD to get more information, yet never saw anything. We have some good pictures of cop cars and bomb truck, glad to see this paper finally reporting it!

Alex Parker 2 years, 11 months ago

Nobody blocked anything, smitty. For some reason one of your comments wasn't made live. When I became aware of it, I fixed the problem.