Douglas County Bank recently promoted these staff members:
• Judy Dinges-Mulford was promoted to senior vice president of Retail Services.
• Danette Umholtz was promoted to vice president of account services.
• Lisa Stuhlman was promoted to vice president-auditor.
• Sean Buffum was promoted to vice president-IT director.
• Zak Bolick was promoted to assistant vice president-loan services.
• Matt Wedan was promoted to Internet banking manager.
And these bank employees were honored for their service to the bank:
15 years: Ross Edwards, office clerk, and Lisa Stuhlman, vice president, auditor.
10 years: Adrienne Boyd-Akers, financial services officer, Ted Haggart, president and CEO, Wendi Morris, South Iowa branch manager, Mary McKenzie, assistant vice president, human resource director, Gwen Denton, HR specialist, and Kathy Meyer, proof operator.
Five years: Matt Wedan, Internet banking manager, and Tim Metz, vice president, loan services, Zak Bolick, assistant vice president, loan services, and Molly Wetta, account service representative.
Three years: Harriet Shaffer, customer service representative (CSR) I, Sean Buffum, vice president, IT director, Liz Clement, CSRII, Kim Emmons, account services representative/data entry specialist, and Anna O’Flannagan, CSRI.
• KU Credit Union recently presented $4,662.34 to Lawrence public high schools. The money was generated by the credit union’s school spirit debit card program.
• Two Kansas University students — Misty Goff and Brian Henry — each recently received $500 from the credit union for winning a drawing after they wore their KU Credit Union T-shirts to the bank. The shirts are distributed at the beginning of each school year.
• Farm Bureau Financial Services agents Mark Edgecomb, Lawrence, and Wick Hollingsworth, Basehor, completed the Emerging Business Leaders life insurance and annuities school in West Des Moines, Iowa. The EBL is an award for agents who have completed their second year with the company.