Archive for Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tornado, severe thunderstorm warnings Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties canceled

February 28, 2012, 8:16 p.m. Updated February 29, 2012, 12:22 a.m.

The National Weather Service has lifted the tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings issued to Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties. A tornado watch, originally scheduled to stay in effect until 1 a.m., has also been canceled.

Kansas weather updates, via Twitter

Comments

Pywacket 2 years, 1 month ago

g-rock~ Dang, they already cancelled it, but bring on the wine! ;-)

Thanks for the info, everybody. I went with NOAA and Weather Underground--both were updated quickly.

This is the earliest in the year that I can remember being sent to the basement, but I've lived here since the early 80s, so I may have forgotten a few.

wpike 2 years, 1 month ago

East of Eudora here. Sirens went off then stopped. I don't have a television, anyone know where this thing is now

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

Skywarn is releasing spotters at this time.

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

Py....I have a half bottle of wine and I'm headed for your basement...stay safe!

Sherry Warren 2 years, 1 month ago

NWS says all clear for now near Pleasant Grove and Vinland. G'Night Folks.

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

Text messages from LJW aren't keeping up. Asleep at the keyboard? Anyone know a more relaible text weather warning service?

Pywacket 2 years, 1 month ago

In basement near Baldwin. Anybody know a good site to look on for all clears & such, since this one apparently doesn't know about the warning?!

Riverdrifter? What say you?

BMI 2 years, 1 month ago

You'd think a tornado warning would be breaking news!

FalseHopeNoChange 2 years, 1 month ago

Deer hill is wet and windy but, looking south at the village....can't see the village. Too much rain. Lot's of flashy's popping off.

aha 2 years, 1 month ago

wicked wind and sideways rain here in west lawrence.

riverdrifter 2 years, 1 month ago

The storm approaching Council Grove is no longer tornadic, according to the NWS but still has a severe thunderstorm warning. The first severe event of the year, hereabout.