Archive for Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rumsfeld to speak at Fort Leavenworth

February 22, 2012

— Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld will be in northeastern Kansas this week to address military officers and sign books for the public.

The Leavenworth Times reports that Rumsfeld is to speak at 10 a.m. Friday to officers attending the Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth. Afterward, he'll sign books at a public event at Fort Leavenworth's Post Exchange.

Rumsfeld served as secretary of defense under President Gerald Ford in the 1970s and during the administration of President George W. Bush.

He has been touring the country to promote his memoir, "Known and Unknown."

Comments

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 10 months ago

I'm more concerned with the war crimes he was responsible for post-9-11.

oldbaldguy 2 years, 10 months ago

read "Fiasco". that's all yu need to know about Rumsfeld. he was a failure in that office under Ford and he was a failure under Bush.

danno1313 2 years, 10 months ago

Good to see the OBAMA BOT, American hating morons are out today.

oldbaldguy 2 years, 10 months ago

I vote republican. I served when Rumsfeld was DOD first tme around. The invasion of Iraq was not thought out and followup operations were executed poorly for four years under his watch. When President Bush got rid of him, the situation in Iraq improved. I supported the invasion. I assumed they had a plan for afterward, they did not. I used to plan and evalute military operations so I know what I'm talking about.

Retired Army Officer

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 10 months ago

So, wasting $trillions in taxpayer money for no good reason, and sending thousands upon thousands of military service members off to be needlessly slaughtered is "America loving?"

Please explain.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 10 months ago

Wow, danno, I think oldbaldguy just pwned you. Flawless!

oldbaldguy 2 years, 10 months ago

Bozo is right. Just because some one questions or criticizes government policy does not make that person unpatriotic. Iraq the second time around was a mistake, at least the way the Bush administration did it. I am glad Saddam is gone. I am not sure it was worth it.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 10 months ago

Rumsfeld, like GWB, will never go outside of this country again (with the possible exception of Israel). Articles of arrest for war crimes are ready and waiting at the Hague the very second they do. I don't even think Great Britain would welcome either of them, despite the fact they have a conservative govt and Cameron is the PM and Tony Blair was GWB's lap dog. GWB has sense enough to stay in TX and shuttle back and forth between golf on his ranch and cocktail parties at his "town" home. Rummie should do the same.