Letters to the Editor

Shrinking paper

February 15, 2012

To the editor:

Lower the masthead, the Journal-World newspaper is shrinking? Having been out of town for a couple of weeks, I must have missed the grand announcement. I assume I also missed the announcement that our subscription cost will be reduced proportionately. Wow! This is great. At this rate, it won’t be long before we will be receiving a comic book on our doorstep each day.

Comments

geoismeo 2 years, 10 months ago

Have to agree, the paper is really thin.

overthemoon 2 years, 10 months ago

I think you think anything to your left is 'extreme left wing'. There really isn't much of and extreme left, hate to tell you. Most of the people you suggest as being 'radical' are really pretty moderate by any reasonable standard. I guess as the right veers off further and further to where ever it is they're headed, they think its the normal people who are 'extreme'.

Alyosha 2 years, 10 months ago

It's_just_math's comments are so full of jargony nonsense that they mean absolutely nothing to those who don't share a perpetual state of fantasy outrage (outrage, that is, for things that only exist in your fantasies).

Phrases like "hard-left zealots," "exposed nutcase head honcho," "intellectual elite leftist wannabe," etc., mean exactly nothing and do exactly nothing to actually contribute to an adult discussion, but rather simply show the commenter to be incapable of rhetorically controlling themselves. Phrases like these make a 5-year-old afraid of the dark or of monsters under his bed seem more reasonable and rational than It's_just_math's comments seem.

When will conservatives begin acting older than 5 year olds afraid of anything that goes bump in the night?

Next.

Kirk Larson 2 years, 10 months ago

As told by a FOX only kinda guy...

F=6th letter O=15th letter, 1+5=6 X=24th letter, 2+4=6 FOX=666, Network of the Beast

WilburM 2 years, 10 months ago

What Scott Rothschild does is called "reporting." This is opposed to Dolph's rants and Tom S's skreeds. Where is the "hit" element in SR's reporting? Please show me. All in all, we're lucky that the LJW dedicates a reporter to covering the statehouse.

tolawdjk 2 years, 10 months ago

A job at the paper. I think that is a little too close to "work" for Shewmon. He's more of a "stay at home wife" I hear.

(from a source)

KrampusLawrence 2 years, 10 months ago

Brownback is really helping Florida with it's unemployment problem.

It's dishonest to cal Obama a hard leftist and then praise Brownback/Kobach for their service. If you are really bothered by extremists you would be bothered by the current KS government. It appears that you are bothered by Democrats. Why don't you just say that?

somedude20 2 years, 10 months ago

Yeah, the Saturday paper is just so pathetically small. If you took out the ads they put in the paper, not much would be left. Oh, and it costs $0.75 which is a buck away from a Monday beer at FSB

lucyjj 2 years, 10 months ago

It has been years since we've received the paper on the doorstep at my house. Now it's usually down at the end of the driveway near the gutter.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 2 years, 10 months ago

When a town like Larryville does everything to cater to and retain those who can't pay their bills, what do you think is going to happen.

streetman 2 years, 10 months ago

LJW really is pathetic. Virtually no world or national news. Letting my subscription expire. KC Star doesn't deliver where I live -- but it's so biased it can't be taken seriously, anyway. Hate to say it, but some papers deserve to die. What to do? I guess wade through the muck on the Internet.

George_Braziller 2 years, 10 months ago

It has gotten to be pretty pathetic. I keep subscribing just because it's part of my morning routine. Eat breakfast, drink my coffee and read the paper.

However lately the news part has been so light it sometimes takes less than one cup of coffee to make it through the entire paper.

dontcallmedan 2 years, 10 months ago

Has anyone even noticed that most of the JW paper dispensers around the downtown have vanished in the past few months?