Archive for Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kansas now recognizes West Virginia gun permits

February 1, 2012

— West Virginians with valid permits can now carry concealed handguns in Kansas.

The reciprocity agreement also allows Kansas residents with valid permits to carry concealed weapons in West Virginia.

West Virginia has similar agreements with 22 other states.

Assistant Attorney General Will Valentino tells the Charleston Gazette that agreements with all the states aren't possible. Some states don't allow concealed weapons to be carried. Other states' laws vary too much from West Virginia's laws.

State Police records show that at least 60,000 West Virginians have concealed weapons permits.

Comments

Mike Ford 2 years, 2 months ago

man some parts of this populace are dragging the smart ones into the dumb trough....

JayhawkFan1985 2 years, 2 months ago

If people want to carry guns, why conceal them? Why not proudly display them in a western style holster?

somedude20 2 years, 2 months ago

Kansas and ole West V.....kid, that is as perfectof a combo as chocolate and peanut butter is. Having lived above WV for a number of years and in this place for almost a decade, trust me when I say that many of the LJW users would fit in a like a glove in old WV

Jimo 2 years, 2 months ago

Great. Now we have 60,000 more yahoos packin heat. As if Kansas didn't have enough Appalachia already. I can't imagine how this could go wrong.

PalinPalms 2 years, 2 months ago

More Guns More Better, that's what I say, how else would I know sombody is a real american, unless the are scared shiftless of people that don't look like them.

chootspa 2 years, 2 months ago

I'm all for allowing CC with a mandatory training course and skills test. I'm not for offering reciprocity to other states.

catfishturkeyhunter 2 years, 2 months ago

I think Karl Malone said it best when saying"don't put your self in the position where you find yourself needing a gun"... I love guns personally, but I don't go to places or associate with a crowd that requires me to feel so insecure that I feel like I need to have a shooter in my pocket.

i_read_things 2 years, 2 months ago

for the most part, concealed carry is prohibited (and posted) at facilities hosting athletic events, license or not, if it's a school or professional event not related to or involving firearms

oldbaldguy 2 years, 2 months ago

I have a CCL. I would not wear a weapon to a game. The people I know who have CCLs are not wingnuts.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Game days are gonna be interesting. Hoping a 'shootout at the stadium' means Crist throws for six TD's.

DillonBarnes 2 years, 2 months ago

Along with West Virginia, Kansas recognizes permits from 22 other states.

28 States recognize Kansas's concealed carry permit.