Archive for Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kansas now recognizes West Virginia gun permits

February 1, 2012

— West Virginians with valid permits can now carry concealed handguns in Kansas.

The reciprocity agreement also allows Kansas residents with valid permits to carry concealed weapons in West Virginia.

West Virginia has similar agreements with 22 other states.

Assistant Attorney General Will Valentino tells the Charleston Gazette that agreements with all the states aren't possible. Some states don't allow concealed weapons to be carried. Other states' laws vary too much from West Virginia's laws.

State Police records show that at least 60,000 West Virginians have concealed weapons permits.

Comments

DillonBarnes 2 years, 10 months ago

Along with West Virginia, Kansas recognizes permits from 22 other states.

28 States recognize Kansas's concealed carry permit.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

Game days are gonna be interesting. Hoping a 'shootout at the stadium' means Crist throws for six TD's.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

Lighten up, Francis. I have a CCL. Ok, that's not true, but lotsa my friends do and they behave just like the oldbaldguy. It's cool, grouchy.

oldbaldguy 2 years, 10 months ago

I have a CCL. I would not wear a weapon to a game. The people I know who have CCLs are not wingnuts.

i_read_things 2 years, 10 months ago

for the most part, concealed carry is prohibited (and posted) at facilities hosting athletic events, license or not, if it's a school or professional event not related to or involving firearms

chootspa 2 years, 10 months ago

Except that they're trying to loosen that law now, too.

Jeremiah Jefferson 2 years, 10 months ago

I think Karl Malone said it best when saying"don't put your self in the position where you find yourself needing a gun"... I love guns personally, but I don't go to places or associate with a crowd that requires me to feel so insecure that I feel like I need to have a shooter in my pocket.

oldvet 2 years, 10 months ago

Guy 1: "I see that you are carrying your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?"

Guy 2: "No, if I was expecting trouble I would be carrying my rifle!"

DillonBarnes 2 years, 10 months ago

Of course there have been shootings at about every imaginable place you could go to, restaurants, malls, parks, grocery stores. I suppose you could just stay home.

timetospeakup 2 years, 10 months ago

Random crime is exactly that, random. Most people with carry permits are even more mindful of staying away from trouble when they're carrying, not less.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts sometimes trouble finds you. I don't think anybody that was present for any highly-publicized shooting at a mall thought they were going anywhere that they'd need a gun, but trouble came their way.

chootspa 2 years, 10 months ago

I'm all for allowing CC with a mandatory training course and skills test. I'm not for offering reciprocity to other states.

DillonBarnes 2 years, 10 months ago

Reciprocity is given to those whose licensing procedure is equal to or greater than Kansas. There are 49 states that offer some kind of concealed carry, so there is a reason Kansas only recognizes 22 of them.

Carriers from out of state are still subject to Kansas laws just as concealed carrier who carry in other states much follow those state laws.

PalinPalms 2 years, 10 months ago

More Guns More Better, that's what I say, how else would I know sombody is a real american, unless the are scared shiftless of people that don't look like them.

oldvet 2 years, 10 months ago

Trooper (to driver of car pulled over): "I see that your DL also has your CCP on it. Are you currently armed?"

Driver: "Yes, sir. I have a .357 in my hip holster, a ,.380 in an ankle holster, a .45 ACP in a holster under the seat, and a shotgun in the trunk."

Trooper: "Wow! Are you afraid of something?"

Driver: "No, sir, not a damn thing!"

Jimo 2 years, 10 months ago

Great. Now we have 60,000 more yahoos packin heat. As if Kansas didn't have enough Appalachia already. I can't imagine how this could go wrong.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 10 months ago

This from the yahoo wealth redistributionist who has previously stated on this forum, "The only feudalism we have in America is the concentration of the nation's wealth in the hands of a few."

somedude20 2 years, 10 months ago

Kansas and ole West V.....kid, that is as perfectof a combo as chocolate and peanut butter is. Having lived above WV for a number of years and in this place for almost a decade, trust me when I say that many of the LJW users would fit in a like a glove in old WV

JayhawkFan1985 2 years, 10 months ago

If people want to carry guns, why conceal them? Why not proudly display them in a western style holster?

Mike Ford 2 years, 10 months ago

man some parts of this populace are dragging the smart ones into the dumb trough....