Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hutchinson baby who swallowed feather released from hospital

December 13, 2012

Advertisement

— A Hutchinson baby who apparently ingested a feather is home from the hospital and doing well.

The nearly 7-month-old girl, Mya Whittington, was hospitalized during the weekend while doctors tried to determine why her jaw swelled. Eventually, a doctor pulled a 2-inch feather out of her neck area.

The girl’s father, Aaron Whittington, said Wednesday the baby was home from the hospital. Doctors decided not to treat an enlarged area on her neck that has a hard knot inside it. They say the area will heal on its own.

The Hutchinson News reports (http://bit.ly/UFSP9M ) the little girl has become something of a media star. Aaron Whittington says the family has received numerous requests for interviews to discuss his daughter’s unusual medical drama.

Comments

riverdrifter 1 year, 4 months ago

What a tough go for such a young pup. A dang feather. Gaaack!

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.