City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• The city of Lawrence will be sealing street cracks in the neighborhoods east and west of Monterrey Way, north of Sixth Street. Lanes may be closed temporarily during working hours.
• Street traffic has shifted from the existing shoofly lanes onto the new 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue. Two westbound lanes and one eastbound lane will be open on the bridge as crews work to remove the existing shoofly lanes and finish road work. Work is expected to be completed in December.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Street concrete will be reworked this week east of Nicklaus Drive, Palmer Court and Drive and Hogan Court and Drive. Through traffic will generally be maintained, but there is the possibility of street closures.
U.S. Highway 59
• Northbound and southbound lanes of old U.S. Highway 59 will be closed to traffic at the North 650 Road interchange for frontage reconstruction work. North 650 Road will remain open to traffic. Completion: late 2012