Archive for Saturday, December 8, 2012

TV crew to search for Bigfoot in Kansas

December 8, 2012

WICHITA ap) — A film crew for an Animal Planet network show is coming to Kansas next month to look for evidence that Bigfoot might be roaming the state.

“Finding Bigfoot” producer Sean Mantooth says the TV crew will be in the Wichita area in late January to film scenes for the show. He wouldn’t say where the hunt will take place because he doesn’t want anyone to try to pull a hoax.

The Wichita Eagle reported a town hall meeting is scheduled for Jan. 26 in the Wichita area, but Mantooth says the location hasn’t been determined.

The most recent Bigfoot report in Kansas was in Sedgwick County in 2006 by a husband and wife who said they felt like they were being watched, then heard a guttural growl.

Comments

classclown 2 years ago

Bigfoot walks his pet mountain lion often around these parts.

classclown 2 years ago

"The most recent Bigfoot report in Kansas was in Sedgwick County in 2006 by a husband and wife who said they felt like they were being watched, then heard a guttural growl"

======================================

Oh geeze! Seriously? Thinking they're being watched and an animal growling somewhere? They apparently didn't even see anything. These folks must be the type to call 911 about drive by shootings anytime a car backfires.

This is the basis for conducting a search for bigfoot and his mountain lion?

FalseFlag 2 years ago

....Anything to keep the people busy....keep their eyes off the ball....the Mayan prophecy is another larger flag to keep people busy...have any of you seen what people are doing in Russia lately?.... because of the Mayan prophecy flag?..and now it is the ongoing Sasquatch saga...?...History channel says Sasquatch' are aliens........

So the elders tell their people....follow the ticking time piece...you are getting sleeepy....there is a Bigfoot in Kansas.....

Ahead of December 21, which marks the conclusion of the 5,125-year "Long Count" Mayan calendar, panic buying of candles and essentials has been reported in China and Russia, along with an explosion in sales of survival shelters in America. In France believers were preparing to converge on a mountain where they believe aliens will rescue them.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years ago

"History channel says 'Sasquatch' are aliens."

Oh, I thought they were the ghosts of Neanderthals.

Fredmandu 2 years ago

Other clock-ticking, eye-off-the-ball time-wasters: Tragically hip, mondo blase cranks who rail on people in online comment threads.

A national TV production company is coming to our state. Welcome the business. Welcome the attention. At least it isn't another news team doing a story on Phelps or other b.s. Kansas has become known for.

LogicMan 2 years ago

I don't know about Bigfoot, but they can find ten or so pair of bigfeet on the court in Allen Fieldhouse tonight.

Ken Lassman 2 years ago

Bigfoot guided tours will commence this weekend at twentyfive thirty at the Clinton Dam spillway; Only thirty dollars (cash only please) per car with a speakerphone-ready cell phone enables you to get a narrative of the history of Bigfoot in these here parts, as you get to see the up-close evidence where folks have had to swerve to miss highly suspicious moving figures, where rustling noises have creeped people out enough that they didn't even bother to pack their tent before leaving, and MUCH, MUCH MORE! Special supplemental on-foot guided tour packages available--call for details!

Liberty275 2 years ago

Every time the fat guy says "squatch" it really annoys me.

Regardless, I wish them luck in finding the great corn ape.

Liberty275 2 years ago

I'm sure they will share their clues with each other when they make it down to arkansas.

parrothead8 2 years ago

Why don't we ever see Aslam Sterling and Bigfoot in the same place at the same time?

jhawkinsf 2 years ago

I for one welcome them with open arms. The cameramen and actors, the producers and sound techs. They will all need to sleep in our hotels, eat in our restaurants and hopefully buy some K.U. T-shirts. Maybe they'll take in a game while they're here, or just go to the movies and get some popcorn and drinks. Come to Kansas, enjoy yourselves, meet some good people, spend some of your money here. Welcome.

Oh, you're looking for evidence of bigfoot? Whatever.

jhawkinsf 2 years ago

Me? Or bigfoot?

I was there the first time I logged onto this site. But I live in Lawrence.

BTW - Only tourists say "Frisco", or "San Fran". Residents use it's full name or sometimes "the city".

Liberty275 2 years ago

I call it frisco because it's demeaning. I've never been there but I'd love the decadence, not so much the victim politics.

Welcome back to flyover country.

xr650rsource 2 years ago

I believe. I've had experiences in SE Oklahoma that I cant explain. rock throwing, growling, crashing through the woods.

George_Braziller 2 years ago

There have been numerous reported sightings in Kansas of a bigfoot-type creature near Iola, Delia, Leavenworth, Topeka, Salina, and on the Pottawatomie Indian Reserve. The Iola sighting was made by some miners working a night shift in 1903.

Danielle Brunin 2 years ago

Delia. Wow, really? I had no idea. Of course, my dad lives near there and he kind of looks like a sasquatch since he's tall and hairy...

Frederic Gutknecht IV 2 years ago

They'll never catch me...

I'll show them a shadowy profile, howling across the valley on some lone and lowly summit in the Smokey Hills. I'll show them my ninja ape skills as I night noodle for toxic catfish in the city of Wichita. I'll show them a second here, let them hear a grunt there and leave them a indeterminate track both here and there...but they'll never catch me...

in my lies...

JustNoticed 2 years ago

This is what passes for science programming in a country where creationism has so many believers. Let the plagues begin, we are just a waste of meat.

riverdrifter 2 years ago

I'd say right now there are tens of thousands of trail cameras deployed across the state. I've got three out myself and have friends who have them out. If there was such a thing, one of the cams would have gotten a pic of it long ago. Next.

Jay_lo 2 years ago

They will be here to investigate e"Roe"neous reports that a number of Bigfoot eggs, which closely resemble golf balls, have been found to have been shot along the Kaw.

It would appear that someone had been using the Squatch Orbs for target practice.

RoeDapple 2 years ago

I see what you did there . . . .

Kendall Simmons 2 years ago

My dog has big feet, growls and is noisy. Perhaps I should have him checked out? One never knows what you might find at the Humane Society.

Glenn Reed 2 years ago

Two ways to look at this story...

1. Our state's on the national stage for something other than creating even more social injustice, fiscal problems, or the phelps clan doing their crazy stuff. Might have some benefit from this. Only temporary, though, a couple of weeks at the very most. Certainly not money pouring into the state at the hyped up level certain politicians were predicting.

2. One of the many anti-science shows on a "science" channel is coming here. Almost fitting, Kansas is pretty focused on encouraging an anti-science approach to things these days.

Liberty275 2 years ago

It's science-entertainment like wrestling is sports-entertainment. Most of it seems to come come from the coasts. I think a reality show surrounding phred phelps and his klan of sign bearers might work. Run with it.

I'd watch that just to see liberals yelling at Christians.

Glenn Reed 2 years ago

Tell ya what, make it worth my while, and I'll go out and start filming. Sounds like it might be fun.

FlintlockRifle 2 years ago

How old is ole bigfoot anyway???Must have had great genes on his grandpas side of the family

Dave_Michael 2 years ago

I have documentation of the Ooga Booga Man that roams the area around Hillsdale Lake in Miami County. https://vimeo.com/15217549

Trumbull 2 years ago

Another good reason to support your local PBS affiliate. This is the only place where you can find a a real documentary these days. Can't find one on the History Channel or National Geographic.....go figure. Can't find music on MTV...geeeeze.

Mike Ford 2 years ago

In the Ouachita, Boston, and Kiamichi Mountain areas of western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma is miles of unoccupied konwi (wilderness in Choctaw). I've driven through deep woods and mountains between Heavener, Talihina, and Tuskahouma (Lake Sardis) where Shampe' (The Choctaw word for Sasquatch) has wandered. It wouldn't surprise me at all if one is seen on video there. Going from McCalister to Wilburton and Hartshorne and Yannush (Buffalo) the woods are crazy thick and hardly anyone is out there. There was a creature at Fouke, Arkansas a couple of hours to the east back in the 1970's along with the MoMo or Missouri Monster in NE Missouri. Who knows?

Frederic Gutknecht IV 2 years ago

I think we can all say the hearsay isn't worth (Sa)squat(ch) without an accompanying shred of physical evidence.