Archive for Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Robbery attempt reported

August 22, 2012

Lawrence police Wednesday were investigating the report of an attempted robbery at an apartment in the 2500 block of Redbud Lane.

Sgt. Trent McKinley, a police spokesman, said officers were called just before 1 a.m. when the victim said a man entered his apartment while he was asleep and attacked him.

The victim alleged the suspect struck him and demanded cash while threatening him with a firearm. The man told officers the suspect fled the apartment when he realized the victim did not have any cash, McKinley said. Officers were continuing to investigate the incident.

Comments

UNIKU 1 year, 8 months ago

That's not a crime....that's just the Redbud Handshake

north420 1 year, 8 months ago

LJW does not cover all, why, can't say don't know. I personally saw the police and the coroner remove a body from the woods off from 11th street about a month ago. Did any one ever see a story on that? Just want to know cause I never did and I looked every day in the LJW

jj14 1 year, 8 months ago

So I have a question for the LJW - I know of two other robberies yesterday - one of them was in broad daylight (door was kicked in yesterday morning). How many robberies have their been? Why are they not all showing up in the paper? Do you have to call the LJW to have a robbery show up in the paper? We have a real problem here, those in my neighborhood are scared. I want to know how many robberies there have been the last few months.

Luv 1 year, 8 months ago

I wonder if it was a forced entry or were the windows and doors unlocked? I hope the victim is ok. It must have been an outsider because, locals know that the residents at Redbud are low income and rent. That is pretty sad that someone would want to steal and threaten people that can barely afford to put food on the table. We sure do appreciate law enforcement going through the neighborhood to keep it safer for the families that try to maintain a descent family life there for themselves and their children. Not everyone drinks and does drugs on that block.

1029 1 year, 8 months ago

Dude needs to get a gun. Could have made it a homicide instead of an attempted robbery.

irvan moore 1 year, 8 months ago

it appears that maybe the owners of those apartments should be held responsible and made to clean up (out) the place and how about instead of a bar check next friday night we send 20 police officers through that place looking for drugs, wepons and underage drinking

joes_donuts 1 year, 8 months ago

Wow, another Redbud Lane problem, lets just put our head in the sand and hope nothing else happens there this year.