Archive for Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Severe thunderstorm warning canceled; watch remains in effect

August 8, 2012, 5:08 p.m. Updated August 8, 2012, 8:03 p.m.

UPDATE, 7:59: The severe thunderstorm warning has been canceled. The original watch remains in effect until 1 a.m.

UPDATE, 7:34: The area is now under a severe thunderstorm warning until 8 p.m.

The National Weather Services reports quarter-sized hail and wind gusts up to 60 mph may affect areas near Clinton Lake, and Clinton, Lone Star and Globe townships. A severe thunderstorm near Richland, in Shawnee County, produced hail, strong winds and damaged tree limbs.

ORIGINAL STORY:

The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas County. It expires at 1 a.m. Thursday.

Also included in the watch are Franklin, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth and Shawnee counties.

Interactive map

Live weather radar from Weather.com

Kansas weather updates, via Twitter

Comments

riverdrifter 2 years, 4 months ago

riverdrifter 2 years, 4 months ago

Not a drop far. Rain? Lighting? I'm going to go out and hold a one iron over my head. And let me know if you know where "Globe township" is.

riverdrifter 2 years, 4 months ago

Thanks, R_I. I know exactly where Globe is. In fact, I was through there today. HWMNBN still haunts these boards after what, two years? He must be proud -even if not germane anymore.

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

What am I, The Dave Matthews Band?

Rain to the north of me, storms to the south. Here I am, stuck in the middle again.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

CyberKnight (anonymous) says… "I think that if you think the guy is gone, you are dreaming. I'd be keeping my head down." March 9, 2010 at 7:44 p.m."

riverdrifter 2 years, 4 months ago

Another New Mexico style thunderstorm here: much lightning, 10 drops on a brick. At least it has cooled off. I'm watching the rerun of THE WAR. I'm reminded that my father was a great fibber: "I didn't do anything in the war."