Archive for Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Two home invasions reported early Tuesday; police look at links to previous burglaries

August 7, 2012

Lawrence police said two aggravated burglaries in which suspects forced their way into two Lawrence homes were reported early Tuesday morning.

Kim Murphree, a Lawrence police spokeswoman, said the first was reported at 4:30 a.m. in the 1800 block of Illinois Street when a male resident reported he was asleep in his room when someone turned his light on.

He saw a black man in his 20s with an average build. The suspect fled, and police did not find him.

Murphree said entry into the home was probably made through a rear door because there were signs of forced entry.

The second one was reported about 5:30 a.m. in the 900 block of Maine Street. An 84-year-old woman was asleep when a door to her home was forced open. She turned on the lights and called 911. The suspect ran away before police arrived.

Nothing was taken.

Police have arrested two men since June in connection with burglaries in which a suspect has entered people’s homes, and investigators are working to solve dozens of other similar burglaries. In most cases, the suspect entered homes through unlocked or unsecured doors, rather than forcing their way inside, which was the case with the two most recent ones.

Murphree said she could not comment on whether Tuesday’s burglaries matched any past cases because police were still investigating the recent ones.

Comments

wolfmn1958 1 year, 8 months ago

That hates firearms,I love my firearm an I an my wife are very good shots. Break into my home,an you will get lead poisoning. That is if you get past the 120 pound dog with a mouth full of teeth. I don't have a lot,but I will use deadly force to keep what I do have.

Matthew Herbert 1 year, 8 months ago

This liberal villager is prepared to protect his family above all else. You enter my home uninvited armed or not I will perceive you as a fatal threat and respond accordingly.

FalseHopeNoChange 1 year, 8 months ago

I have to 'laugh' at all these 'threats' from Larryvillagers that are going to "shoot" a burglar that enters their flat in the wee hours.

Now seriously. How many abodes in Larryville, a complex 'flaming' Liberal village that "hates" firearms, are going to have an alert resident with a heater to shoot a burglar? A handful or less?

lol

Larryville is 'easy pickin's'

Liberal Villager's would be better served to give a continuous 'effeminate' shrill scream to scare the burglar.

rockchalker52 1 year, 8 months ago

Yup. Somebodies gonna get shot. I hope it's the bad guys.

50YearResident 1 year, 8 months ago

These home invasion perps must have a death wish, ot they are trying to divert attention from their friend that got. arrested. Howerer each new home invasion makes it more likely that the next one will be a fatal incounter. It's only a matter of time and the odds are aginst the invader making a sucessful exit from the home without being shot. It will happen, get prepared for the results.

gphawk89 1 year, 8 months ago

Sooner or later this burglar is going to pick the wrong house. Boom! No more burglar. Hope the guy has sense enough to stop while he's ahead. Probably not, though - who in their right mind would walk into an occupied bedroom and turn the light on?

Which reminds me, the gun shop left a message today that my new AR has arrived. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get comfortable with that under my pillow.

somedude20 1 year, 8 months ago

Stop or my Mom will shoot (shout out to all ya'll who still lives with yo parents)

Steve Jacob 1 year, 8 months ago

These are forced entry robberies, a bit more serious then unlocked door robberies.

Hooligan_016 1 year, 8 months ago

This is all getting a bit silly now.

Jayhawker07 1 year, 8 months ago

Joe, all good boys and girls are home @ 4:30am. Not you I guess. What's your address?

joes_donuts 1 year, 8 months ago

Good thing the police have a bar car with 4 officers (28% of the on duty officers) making sure 20 yr old college girls are not drinking downtown. These robbery suspects are no where near as as dangerous as a college girl in high heels...

somebodynew 1 year, 8 months ago

There are lots of 'bad guys' out there. From what is reported, these sound different than the other ones to me.

middlemgmt 1 year, 8 months ago

I guess that answers my question on if the previous arrest took care of this problem. I guess the police have their hands full!