Archive for Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Town Talk: Church strikes deal to move into vacant Masonic Temple building in Downtown Lawrence

August 1, 2012

News and notes from around town:

• After nearly nine years of sitting vacant, it appears salvation is on the horizon for the former Masonic Temple building in Downtown Lawrence.

That’s right, a church has struck a deal to occupy the iconic building at the southwest corner of 10th and Massachusetts streets.

The Greenhouse Culture, a church that currently meets each Sunday morning in the banquet space of Maceli’s, is moving into the century-old building that is owned by a development group led by Lawrence businessman Doug Compton.

“We’re already in there knocking the dust out of the place,” said Jared Scholz, the church’s pastor.

Scholz said he hopes to start having church services and other events in the building in September. Scholz said the church won’t be undertaking major renovations to the historic building, but rather will be doing minor interior work such as painting and cleaning.

The space lends itself well to a church setting. It already has an ornate wooden balcony, an old Reuter organ and conversation-starting details like a safe on every floor of the building.

Scholz hopes his new church will provide the opportunity for the public to get inside one of the more mysterious buildings in town, which has long been an oddity with its facade that has Egyptian-style pillars at its entrance. (How did they get Egyptian Revival through the Historic Resources Commission?)

“I would sure like to find some of the best pipe organ players in the world to have a few concerts in that building,” Scholz said. “We feel like the building should be a contributing part of the arts in Lawrence. We hope the doors are hardly ever closed.”

Its main purpose, though, will be to serve as a church. According to its Web site, the Christian-based church is affiliated with the Resurrection Life Church International. Scholz said the new building should allow the church to substantially grow its membership, and also expand upon its mission.

“Right now we just rent a space for four hours on a Sunday, but our plans are much bigger than that,” Scholz said.

The new plans officially bring to a close an effort by Lawrence caterer Steve Maceli to lease the building and create a large banquet and wedding reception venue. Maceli had indicated several months ago that a deal to move into the space was all but dead, and recently he has confirmed to me that he is now focusing on ways to expand at his current location at 1031 N.H. That will be worth keeping an eye on, as the 1000 block of New Hampshire has much underutilized space in the Allen Press property.

The church deal also closes the book on a set of incentives the city had offered to help save the building. The city had approved a package including 10 years of partial property tax rebates, but that project was tied specifically to the Maceli’s property. I know some of you may be wondering if the property even will be on the tax rolls at all since it is rented by a church. And I would tell you that if you I think I’m an accountant, you surely must be wanted by the IRS. (In other words, I don’t know.)

What I do know is that it has been a long and interesting journey with the Masonic Temple building. I once was chatting with Doug Compton several years ago about some of his holdings downtown, and he told me he really bought the Masonic Temple with absolutely no plan for what to do with it.

He told me he was concerned the building back in 2003 was going to be bought and converted into one of the largest nightclubs in all of Kansas. Back in 2003, I think the building still fell under the city provision that gave it a grandfathered exemption to the requirement that any new downtown liquor establishment has to do the majority of its business in food sales. The building has been empty long enough now that the exemption has expired.

So, all you Pharaoh lovers, the idea of Kansas’ only Egyptian Revival style night club (perhaps Cleopatra would have served Jell-O shots) is likely dead and gone.

• We’re going to call it a wrap for Town Talk today because I have pig grooming to oversee. Perhaps some of you remember that this has been The Summer of the Pig at the Lawhorn house. My 9-year old son, for the first time, is showing a 4-H pig at the Douglas County Fair. Weigh in happens this morning. (I’m putting the over-under at 307 pounds.) The show is this evening at 6 p.m., if you are a connoisseur of such things. The Douglas County Fair’s livestock auction is set for 6:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Fairgrounds. It is a great way to support some local youth. We’ll also see if it is a great way for my wife to buy a certain pig that she has become attached to, which would then roam in our backyard. Please, please, come outbid my wife.

Comments

Tammy Copp-Barta 2 years, 4 months ago

Does anyone know how many churches are downtown in that area? Is there enough parking for all of them? Do any of them have or are required to have dedicated parking? I know the churches around there are old, so don't know what requirements they have/had ... just curious.

Catalano 2 years, 4 months ago

ROFLMAO! So much for using it for a temporary library during the renovation. And bringing it up to code etc. But did Doug sell it to the church or is the church renting it?

Catalano 2 years, 4 months ago

Agree. The sentence below does say "owned":

"The Greenhouse Culture, a church ... is moving into the century-old building that is owned by a development group led by Lawrence businessman Doug Compton."

pizzapete 2 years, 4 months ago

I see hipsters in skinny jeans drinking cheap beer.

Clickker 2 years, 4 months ago

Kind of reminds me of Rob Bell, of "Love Wins"...does he have the same views?

JustNoticed 2 years, 4 months ago

I see a guy with an incredibly bad haircut and a pre-modern brain infected with superstition and magic thinking.

Ragingbear 2 years, 4 months ago

It would be better to burn that place to the ground than having yet another cult occupy it.

(Note. This statement is intended as opinion and in no way should be regarded as a threat or as any sort of support for said action.)

jhawkinsf 2 years, 4 months ago

They've never bothered me. Have they bothered you, in some way? If they have, that would explain your hateful comment. If they haven't bothered you, then your hateful comment stands alone.

JHog 2 years, 4 months ago

Are you suggesting that the former tenants were a cult? Please enlighten us.

Ragingbear 2 years, 4 months ago

Yeah. Mason's are a cult. Look at what they do, or look UP what they do. By the way, for those that claim Mason's are a Christian Fraternity, explain why Lucifer is the Divine Architect.

Lee Saylor 2 years, 4 months ago

As a Mason, that is the first time I have ever heard the claim that Lucifer is the Divine Architect. Cite your source for that claim.

JHog 2 years, 4 months ago

Where do you suppose I look this up...the internet? Everything you read on the internet is true right? I could ask my grandfather who has been a mason for 50 years. Or I could rely on my experience as a Mason over the past 9 years. Not a lot of devil worshiping...mostly a lot of community service projects and pot luck dinners. I must of joined the wrong lodge.

JustNoticed 2 years, 4 months ago

masons = plural mason. Let the apostrophe be your friend, not your enemy.

Jean Robart 2 years, 4 months ago

Gee---I saw a rabbit go by my window just this morning! (And i live on the fourth floor)

pizzapete 2 years, 4 months ago

Who buys a building with no idea what they're going to do with it? He did stop a nightclub from going in, one that might compete directly with the one he's going to put in the hotel building.

pizzapete 2 years, 4 months ago

True, but I think we would have benefited more from an owner with a plan for the building. Even if that plan was for a nightclub.

Ricky_Vaughn 2 years, 4 months ago

Sounds like a bunch of rich people who are too good for normal Christian churches (like there aren't enough to choose from?). I'm sure they can't wait to exploit the tax loopholes too.

aarontoddp 2 years, 4 months ago

I've known Jared for about 15 years, we disagree on who or what God really is but he is a good guy, he will add to the community.

RDE87 2 years, 4 months ago

I like how Compton admitted to buying the building without a plan for it. Does he have so much money he just likes spending it or is he that desperate to have a monopoly of all the real estate in Lawrence?

tomatogrower 2 years, 4 months ago

He also needed to make sure he owned as much of downtown as possible, so he could make or break it, as well as hike prices so high as to shut down the locally owned stores.

Matthew Del Vecchio 2 years, 4 months ago

wow I'm really glad Compton bought that building now, another Last Call type of establishment is the last thing downtown needs and that grandfathered liquor status would have made that property attractive to a nightclub owner. I'm sure it wasn't a completely selfless act considering his other holdings downtown but regardless he did us favor there.

Thomas Bryce 2 years, 4 months ago

Make no mistake. Doug Compton is out to benefit Doug Compton. If he does anything, it is to his benefit first and foremost. If he does nothing, it is to benefit him First and foremost.But, isn't that the meaning of capitalism? We used to have "pillars of the community". Well off individuals that gave back some thing to the community. Now, it is take as much as you can as fast as you can and forget everyone else. Can anyone tell me of an instance where he gave back to the community for no other reason but to give without making a profit or taking advantage of a loophole? Please? Anyone? I would like to know.

bornherelongago 2 years, 4 months ago

Who is going to pay to have the building sprinkled and air conditioned? That's got to be a couple hundred thousand dollars. Considering what Compton paid for the building, I can't imagine he will re-coup on it. And if he still owns the building, he still has to pay property tax. Doesn't seem like a sound business move for Doug to me.

George_Braziller 2 years, 4 months ago

The interior is pretty spectacular. It has remained essentially un-altered since it was constructed.

Woodfly 2 years, 4 months ago

Want to play the organ? Bring your dollars. It's one of several reasons the Masons sold the building to Compton in the first place. The costs to bring it up to snuff would have been over $1000 per member.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 2 years, 4 months ago

That old organ in the Masonic Temple is one of the oldest in Lawrence and is one of the reasons that the Reuter company moved from Illinois to Lawrence. Mr. Adolf Reuter (the original founder, none of that family is still involved in the operation of that companhy) personally carcved the large eagle on the front of the organ case.

Unfortunately, the style of that instrument is not popular in these days of classical revival in the organ music crowd. And after having sat unmaintained and unused for many years, renovation would be a very costly undertaking. And the results would be frepresentative of a style of music that is no longer considered to be very popular with the current musical dictaters of taste and usefulness.

Lawrence Morgan 2 years, 4 months ago

For the first time, I really agree with you. Thanks for this history. Please, let's hear some organ concerts!

lunacydetector 2 years, 4 months ago

if the church owns the property and is a non-profit they are exempt from property taxes. if they rent, the property owner who profits has to pay property taxes most likely passing them along to the church.

Clickker 2 years, 4 months ago

Will Louises bar be affected? Since you cant have a bar within 150 ft of a Church or school. Or will they be grandfathered?

tachyon 2 years, 4 months ago

pretty sure that law only applies to retail liquor stores and it's 200ft.

kansanbygrace 2 years, 4 months ago

That law certainly put the squeeze on the sandwich place across the street from the Salvation Army.
The question stands......

MarcoPogo 2 years, 4 months ago

I would imagine that if this law is still in effect, Louise's would be safe. They were already there before the church moved in.

MarcoPogo 2 years, 4 months ago

"What do you think that little house was used for that sits behind the house at the SW corner of Mass and 23rd ?"

Hiding bodies?

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 4 months ago

It was either where the kids of the house had their parties or an outdoor bathroom before they had indoor plumbing. Or, maybe a smokehouse.

George_Braziller 2 years, 4 months ago

The garage that's been converted into an apartment? Probably was used to park a car.

acg 2 years, 4 months ago

Compton has money coming out of his ears, but why doesn't he put any of that money into his existing properties? As a former Mgr. for FMI I can tell you that his campus places are falling apart. The Oread and The Regency smell awful, all of the time. He refuses to replace carpeting for tenants or old, nasty, ripped up linoleum. He refuses to upgrade appliances at Highpointe or Applecroft and they are constantly falling apart. I can honestly sit here and list what's wrong with all of his properties and why he refuses to fix them having sat in on his little meetings where they say awful things about their tenants. He doesn't care if he pisses of his tenants because the skanks that run his company are always saying "10,000 new people will be here next year!" That man and his company are a blight on the city of Lawrence. I wish people would realize that and put a stop to his little projects before he owns it all and the whole thing is a slum!!

paulveer 2 years, 4 months ago

Finally1 Remove that ugly scab from the front of this iconic building.

acg 2 years, 4 months ago

Actually, Liberal, no I wasn't fired from that scab of a place I voluntarily told them to stick it. Why? After a year of: not being allowed to replace broken or in bad repair appliances and carpet for tenants, not being allowed to purchase office suppies for our office, not being allowed to use the company vehicle to take prospective tenants to view properties, being told I didn't yell at the lower staff enough and finally, the icing on the cake, this time last year being told by a member of Doug E Fresh's office staff "when you are processing a tenants security deposit at the end of their lease and you don't get more of their money than they do, you are not doing your job" it was more than I could stomach anymore. I've seen you repeatedly on these boards extolling the virtues of Doug Compton so I think instead of me being an "supposed fired ex employee" your'e probably one of the skanks that he uses to run his office while he's out and about doing god only knows what (but some of us know) with all of Lawrence's money!!

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 4 months ago

Good for you and I mean it. When I moved out from a place in the southern part of town I was charged thirty-five dollars because one light bulb didn't work and they had to replace it. I left the place spotless and did not back one penny after they made a list of items like that to charge me. I guess someone was really on the job.

JackMcKee 2 years, 4 months ago

I will give this idea a much higher chance of success if the church serves Mexican food or Pizza.

Steve Jacob 2 years, 4 months ago

Non-denominational churches are the fastest growing "religion" in the US.

And just asking, if people protest a chicken place because the owner is anti gay marriage, why not churches?

JayCat_67 2 years, 4 months ago

Well, If you think about it, most are protesting Chik-Fil-a by not going to Chik-Fil-a. People who don't like the message of a given church tend to not go that church. Only difference is people don't make such a spectacle of not going to a church.

jafs 2 years, 4 months ago

I wonder where all the folks who talk about how this building will just stay vacant, and use that as a reason to give Compton generous abatements and incentives are?

It's clear from his admission that this building has been vacant for a long time because he bought it without any idea of what he would do with it.

And, in doing so, stopped it from becoming a possibly vibrant business.

Hmmm.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 4 months ago

A thriving business would pay sales taxes. A church won't. A thriving business would create jobs. A church won't. Investing in a thriving business, through incentives would have reaped rewards that a church won't. Therefore, no incentives are necessary for a usage that will not give back to the city in the form of jobs and tax revenue.

jafs 2 years, 4 months ago

You seem to have missed my point.

If he hadn't bought the building with no idea what to do with it, it might have become a nightclub (which he wanted to stop), or some other thriving business, instead of remaining vacant for so many years.

He created the situation, and you want to reward him for that by offering him incentives and abatements.

It's one of the clearest examples of why we shouldn't be doing that I could ever hope to find.

We should be punishing people for this sort of behavior - some would call it "obstructionist", in fact, not rewarding them.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 4 months ago

Well, Jafs, you may have me on this one. Maybe. I really have no memory at all about the circumstances surrounding Compton's purchase of that building. Perhaps it is true, there were businesses lining up around the block just waiting to purchase that old building, spend hundreds of thousands dollars bringing it up to code, and then going in and to create a thriving business that would have hired many and contributed to the tax base. I just don't remember.

Which situations did he create? The one where there was significant downturn in the economy? Or the one that sets codes for old buildings such as this at such a level that it makes it very difficult to comply and open a new business?

The fact is, sometimes developers make mistakes. Sometimes the economy turns south or an investment goes bad. And I have no problem with that at all. It's a gamble they took and if they lose, that's fine with me. But remember, I've said it again and again, if a partnership can be entered into that benefits the city, then I see no reason not to enter into that partnership. It seems many here are opposed to such partnerships simply because the developer might benefit. I've always said that as long as the city benefits, I'm O.K. with the developer benefitting as well.

jafs 2 years, 4 months ago

He said it himself, and is quoted in the article.

According to him, he bought it in order to stop a nightclub from going in there, and without any idea what he would do with the building.

Again, according to the article, he bought in in 2003, well before the meltdown.

It's been vacant for about 9 years now.

So, he buys it to obstruct an actual business from going in, one that would have created the benefits you like, without any idea of what he would do with the building, and has let it sit vacant for 9 years.

Behavior that, in my view, warrants punishment if anything, but certainly not reward.

And yet, given the lens through which you seem to see things, we should help him now, with abatements and incentives, right?

jhawkinsf 2 years, 4 months ago

Jafs, I just expressed a couple of doubts I had in a post just below. You can read them there.

But let me give you a quick example of something that happened to me a few years ago. I was interested in purchasing a building and opening a new business there. The first thing I noticed was that there were two steps up into the business. Those two steps would need to go, to make the building ADA compliant. There were two ways to accomplish this. One would be to ask the city for an easement so that a ramp could be build along the sidewalk, one that would not be too steep, as per ADA regulations. The city frowned on that suggestion. Rather they said to approach the HRC and ask if the ramp could be incorporated into the business. That would mean reducing the square footage available, but was still doable. The HRC said that would substantially alter the front of this historic building, and would likely not receive it's support. Rather than fight a long fight, I found something else. That building remains vacant all these years later, never having having been occupied since.

The reason I bring this experience up is because sometimes building don't sell for reasons that aren't always apparent. Storefronts aren't occupied for reasons that are hidden. Buildings reach a state of disrepair, sometimes not because the owner doesn't care, but because government works in opposition to business.

I think things like the ADA are a good thing. However, what they really are is a tax. I'm all for taxes, as I've said many times before. I believe in raising taxes to pay for all that we want and need. But sometimes, things like an ADA tax will cause a business to fail. Or a business to not get started. Or a building to have a for sale sign on it for decades. It may be an unintended consequence, but it is a consequence.

I stated my doubts below. But let me add one further point. I'm not surprised that it's not a business going in. Rather it's a church. I don't know for certain, but I wonder if a non business, like a church must comply with things like ADA. Maybe they do and they have a group of volunteers ready to do the work. But from memory and experience, I can't imagine the cost of bringing that particular building up to code and ADA compliance.

jafs 2 years, 4 months ago

That really seems quite besides the point to me.

He bought it to obstruct other businesses, and then let it sit vacant for a long time. If he did any sort of preliminary research, he would have known about anything like your examples - that's part of basic good business practices.

If he didn't want to do what was necessary to bring it up to code, he shouldn't have bought it, and allowed whatever other businesses wanted to buy it to do so, I would think.

pizzapete 2 years, 4 months ago

Yes, there were in fact several investors lined up to purchase the Masonic Temple who wanted to put in a concert venue/night club type of business much like the Granada Theatre. At the time it was for sale Compton had recently bought the building across the street and apparently he didn't want a club next door to the new building he was converting into a first floor business with 2nd and 3rd story apartments. Thinking a club would scare off potential renters and thus make his property less valuable he sent the people who were interested in buying the Masonic Temple a cease and desist letter from his lawyer warning them that if they were to buy the building they would have a lengthy legal battle on their hands. Whether he had any chance of winning such a case is irrelevant, the threat of a protracted legal battle with someone with deep pockets scared all the potential buyers out of the picture. Yes, if Compton had not interfered there most likely would have been a cool concert venue/night club there today.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 4 months ago

This all happened during a hiatus from Lawrence, so let me ask a couple of questions.

First, you're saying that cease and desist letters and threats of protracted litigation scared off investors that wanted to do things with this building that he objected to. Having been successful in that, according to your account, why then buy the building? Shouldn't he have been happy controlling the building's usage from afar? He obviously had the resources to prevent undesirable (to him) usages from accessing that building.

Second, if the building he did own, the building you say is across the street with a ground floor business and apartments upstairs, if what you're referring to is the restaurant Ingredient, there is currently a music venue just to the north of that building, one that shares a common wall. It seems that that would cause more problems than a different venue across the street. Why would there be an objection to a venue across the street when one already exists right next door, sharing a common wall? It seems a perplexing strategy to me.

pizzapete 2 years, 4 months ago

I did have a good friend tell me he did get a warning/desist letter and that stopped he and his partners from negotiating any further on the building. I'm not making that up. I can only speculate on his intentions for not wanting a club or concert venue to occupy that space. The building that he bought and that I was referring to does house Ingredient. Why did he buy the Masonic Temple? Probably so no one else could open a business there that he might disagree with. The threat of a lawsuit scared some buyers off, but what better way to control it in the future than to buy it? With the Jackpot on one side, the Replay across the street, and a huge club opening up on the other side of his new building, maybe he saw that as too much nightlife for the apartments he needed to rent? Who knows? What makes someone want to buy a zebra?

jhawkinsf 2 years, 4 months ago

I didn't mean to suggest you weren't being honest, or making things up. And as I said, I was not in Lawrence during that time, so I I have no specific memory. I'm just trying to make sense of things. And some of it doesn't make sense to me. Two music venues are OK but a third prompts threats of litigation, which then leads to a purchase to control usage of a building that you already control? Buying a zebra actually makes more sense to me. But, hey, strange things happen.

pizzapete 2 years, 4 months ago

True, it's hard to make sense of it all. I remember thinking the same when my friend told me about the whole ordeal. Remember, the two music venues were already there, but this new business was supposed to be one of the largest clubs in the state. It was going to dwarf both the Replay and the Jackpot. It might have brought a real and significant change in character to the area. To someone who is trying to dominate the real estate scene downtown it may have been perceived as a direct challenge to their rule. And for someone wanting to control downtown property, the fact that it was a large space, and on a corner lot, might have been motivation enough to play hardball and ultimately buy it. He seems to own several properties that fit that exact description

jafs 2 years, 4 months ago

He said it, according to the article.

If you want to understand more, I guess you could contact him and ask him.

joes_donuts 2 years, 4 months ago

Merrill again posting outdated information. Why don't you look up the current tax status instead of posting something from 2010?

headdoctor 2 years, 4 months ago

A charismatic church holding services in a masonic temple. Priceless. roflmao.

verity 2 years, 4 months ago

Organ restoration is extremely expensive and after setting unused and deteriorating all these years, no doubt this one will need extensive restoration. Wilbur, the chicken and noodle dinners sound like a good idea, but I think it's going to take more than that.

I also wonder about how much other deterioration there is in the building in general.

". . . the church won’t be undertaking major renovations to the historic building, but rather will be doing minor interior work such as painting and cleaning." Unfortunately, there are usually some big surprises in this sort of thing and I doubt cleaning and painting is going to fix them. I wish them all the best but I expect the church won't be in that building for long.

verity 2 years, 4 months ago

PS---I naively bought a 100+ year old house once.

tyson travis 2 years, 4 months ago

First, the previous Masonic Bodies that occupied the Temple can in no way be considered a "cult." Both my late father and I were members, the masonic rituals were non-denominationally oriented, and stressed brotherhoood, patriotism and charity. It reminded me more of a church than anything else, there were absolutely no seditious or hateful influences like that infamous church in Topeka.

Second, it would be appropriate for a church to re-occupy this corner. I believe before the Temple was built, this site was occupied by a pioneer Methodist church before they moved cater-corner to 10th and Vermont. The DCHS can confirm this. I hope they can afford it, the energy tab is apt to be huge!

Third, my father informed my brother and I years ago that the organ had deteriorated considerably, all the original leather seals and bellows had dried out and cracked, and would have to be completely replaced before it would hold air again. Our DeMolay and Masonic ceremonies didn't use the house organ, I believe they purchased a smaller console unit and used it out on the floor. It would cost many $K to restore the old Reuter to playable quality.

Good luck in preserving this edifice, not too many Egyptian style buildings left.

Ty Travis, Pine Bluff, AR, former Lawrence DeMolay and Mason.

tyson travis 2 years, 4 months ago

(Continued) To Ragingbear: I can't remember Lucifer taking part in any of our ceremonies, except for someone to avoid. God, not Lucifer, was the supreme architect of the universe, hence the "G" in the center of the Masonic Tri-square and compass emblem. Ever looked at the back of a $1 bill? Lots of Masonic influences there from the days of the founding fathers.

Not just the stone columns out front are Egyptian-influenced. I believe the sheet metal cornice up front also carries out this motif.

pizzapete 2 years, 4 months ago

This is a joke that came to me while having a beer,it's certainly not directed at anyone. A stranger (etc.) walks into a city a week before Halloween and buys all the available candy in every store in the area for $.50 cents a bar. He sets up a tent inside of the downtown area and puts a sign up selling all the candy for $3.00-6.00 a bar. The city decides there's a big problem with this as hardly anyone can afford the price of the candy. The city decides to solve the problem by buying all the candy at $3.00 a bar and giving it away to all the residents. The city, while wasting $3.00 per resident on the candy. reminds everyone to have a happy Halloween and to be thankful for the free candy. OK, maybe not so funny.

Kirk Larson 2 years, 4 months ago

Too bad. I still think it would be best as a music venue. Take the MA off the front and call it SONIC TEMPLE! I always get a kick out of seeing it in Carnival of Souls.

billloe 2 years, 4 months ago

Just because a church has a different name than what we "educated" individuals think church names should be like are really limit their thinking. I am not a member of the Greenhouse Culture, however, I do know Pastor Jared. He is a gifted musician, loves the community of Lawrence, and just cares about people. Some of you want music? I know Jared will have a lot of music coming out of that building. For those of you that think the last thing Lawrence needs is another church, I think it is exactly what it needs. A cult? Then we better start calling half the churches in the country a cult. The people of the Greenhouse culture are not worshiping Pastor Jared, they are worshiping Jesus Christ. They are what I call "Jesus Freaks." So if that makes them different than everyone else in town then so be it. And yes, they may be out of there in a couple of years - only because that building will no longer be able to hold the number of people in it. Give this church a chance, it can only help, not hurt the community of Lawrence. Praying for the Greenhouse Culture!

renrutm 2 years, 4 months ago

Interesting development, thanks for the article.