Advertisement

Archive for Saturday, April 28, 2012

25 years ago: Cause of fraternity fire established

April 28, 2012

Advertisement

From the Lawrence Daily Journal-World for April 28, 1987:

An electrical appliance or an electrical cord leading to an appliance had been identified as the cause of this week's fire at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house. The Douglas County Fire Investigation Squad, composed of officials from the fire department, city and university police, and the Douglas County Sheriff's Department, had sifted through debris at the site until about 10 p.m.Sunday and again all morning on Monday in an attempt to determine the fire's cause.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.