Archive for Thursday, April 26, 2012

Truck overturns near Bonner Springs, killing up to 40 cattle

April 26, 2012

— A truck full of cattle drove off an embankment of an interstate near Bonner Springs, Kan., and burst into flames, killing several cattle and closing one lane of the interstate.

The accident happened about 2:30 a.m. Thursday on westbound Interstate 70 near 110th Street in Bonner Springs.

Police say one lane of the interstate could be closed for most of the day as cleanup continues.

The driver of the truck has been hospitalized but the extent of his injuries was not immediately known.

About 30 to 40 cattle either died in the accident or had to be euthanized, while officials were rounding up several other cows.

Comments

Crazy_Larry 2 years, 8 months ago

Mooo-ment of silence for the bovine lost in this tragedy...

jehovah_bob 2 years, 8 months ago

When life hands you 30 to 40 incinerated cattle, make BBQ.

somedude20 2 years, 8 months ago

medium well or well done is aight wit me, yo yo yo yous gots the beefs, I be bringsing the sauces, oh hells yeahs

tomatogrower 2 years, 7 months ago

Aren't you glad you don't live near there? Eww.

Crazy_Larry 2 years, 7 months ago

Do you have any idea of how many drivers are injured, and cattle are killed, daily in Kansas.

John Hamm 2 years, 7 months ago

Fewer than the number of inane or inappropriate comments published by people on the LJ-W website.

John Hamm 2 years, 7 months ago

And how do you know where the Driver's family resides or the driver? Interesting choice of handles: "The name of Pywacket creates a restless, creative nature that takes you into many ventures, but does not allow you to see things through to a satisfactory completion." so you use this "creative nature" to make fun of others misfortunes......

cattletruckersdaughter 2 years, 7 months ago

actually its not unlikely for the drivers family to be online looking at the comments that people post. im that mans daughter. I think that all you people who have no idea what really happened need to stop talking bad about the driver and blaming him for things that are uncontrolable. To all the people who are keeping him in your prayers thank you. But to the people who wanna hate bc "cows died" get a life. There will be plenty more cows.!

JayhawksandHerd 2 years, 7 months ago

Says the guy who refers to "oddballs" in the thread following the SB 142 article. I somehow doubt that was meant to be taken as a term of endearment.

JayhawksandHerd 2 years, 7 months ago

Well, speaking as a white, heterosexual male, you and I will probably have to agree to disagree on that issue, but that isn't the point. I simply find it ironic that one - unprompted and unsolicited - would disparage an entire group of people, yet turn around less than a day later and call out others for essentially doing the same. Oletimer didn't argue his/her opinion; s/he was just being mean spirited.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of the comments either, as I don't take serious injury or death lightly.

jehovah_bob 2 years, 7 months ago

Good sir, how dare you call me a hypocrite? Who said anything about civility? I don't believe I have ever written the word before now, and I scoff at it. SCOFF at it I tell you! Hell in a handbasket indeed, and I'll be making a stop at the haberdashery upon my way. To even suggest that I be civil in this maligned world is enough to bring me to fisticuffs. I say, "Embrace the chaos!" it is the bee's knees.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

"ignorant" and "rude" don't bother me, but why'd you have to go and call me a "leftist"?

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Hey, I saw a train load of wind turbine props come through yesterday. Tried to convince the wife we should have a couple on the property. We would eventually get used to the "womp, womp, womp, womp, womp, womp, . . . "

Wouldn't we?

Of course, there's this . . .

pace 2 years, 7 months ago

My gosh, the headline is wrong, this is not about a bad wreck, cattle burned alive, an injured trucker. it is all about i j math, featuring snide remarks about one of his pet hates.