Archive for Monday, April 16, 2012

KU students arrested Saturday on suspicion of stealing folding chairs from Memorial Stadium

April 16, 2012

Two 19-year-old Kansas University students were arrested Saturday morning suspected of stealing four folding chairs from Memorial Stadium, said Maj. Chris Keary, assistant KU police chief.

Keary said police received a report from a security officer early Saturday about someone carrying folding chairs with foam cushions near Allen Fieldhouse. Police determined the chairs were taken from the stadium and arrested the two suspects on burglary and other charges. The chairs were valued at $100 each.

Both men posted bond of about $3,000 each over the weekend and were given notice to appear in court April 27. Prosecutors before then will likely decide about filing formal charges. The Journal-World generally does not identify suspects unless they are formally charged.

Comments

Paul R Getto 2 years ago

This is exceptionally stupid.

Tammy Copp-Barta 2 years ago

I'm shocked KU PD made it in time! Last time we reported anything to them for a person in our building freaking out and threatening people it took an hour for Barney to get here! When I gave him all the information he said "don't know why you called us then, you did all the investigative work" ... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

g_rock 2 years ago

So a security guard somewhere reported this to the KU cops? I guess that makes sense. Someone told them what to do.

consumer1 2 years ago

consumer1 2 years ago

If I had seen them, I would have asked them in a very soft and un-threatening voice, if they needed help at home, I am sure their misbehavior is due to some malfunction of family life at home. Their Parent's may be addicted to some drug or alcohol and these children are just acting out because they don't know what else to do. This act is obviously a cry for help by them.

The above an insincere homage to the enabler's and warm and fuzzy proponents who believe people who commit crimes just need a hug on the forum.

shleppy 2 years ago

any college kid worth their salt steals furniture directly from the common areas of their dorm or frat.

autie 2 years ago

The crime of the century. This security officer should be given an award for being so insightful and observant. I agree with pace. As we all know how dangerous a folding chair is. Any WWE fan can tell you that.

Robert Rauktis 2 years ago

So much for college or team sports forming character. But the good news is they didn't steal stop signs.

pace 2 years ago

Well, I have a great big gun and if I saw this I would of shot. Who knows what these brigands would have done with those big metal chairs, chairs are dangerous. Better just shoot anything funny than be sorry. Then I would of skinned them and dipped their heads in the river.

The above an insincere homage to the bloodthirsty c and carry cowboys on the forum.

thuja 2 years ago

Them must be some nice foldin' chairs.