Archive for Sunday, April 1, 2012

Police respond to shooting near apartments north of Lawrence Memorial Hospital

April 1, 2012

Lawrence police responded about 3:30 a.m. Sunday to a shooting.

The victim, who was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, was found with critical injuries outside apartments that are in the 1300 block of Michigan Way. That's just north of the intersection of Second and Michigan streets.

On Sunday morning, Sgt. Ted Bordman of the Lawrence Police Department said there was no new information about the shooting. He said police were still investigating and pursuing leads.

Bordman said he believed the victim's injuries were non-life threatening.

Comments

Linda Aikins 2 years, 8 months ago

Yikes! I thought that was more fireworks! ?

headdoctor 2 years, 8 months ago

Nope. The last two games there have been a few shots fired instead of fireworks. The best one can hope for is the drunken fools are shooting into the ground instead of in the air. Or maybe accidentally making the choice of their own leg if that turns out to be the case.

ridikkulus 2 years, 8 months ago

Lucky me, I learned last night that my next-door neighbors are the proud owners of what sounded like a .40 cal. Certainly hope the shot wasn't "up", but I don't think that was the case. Lovely.

Alex Parker 2 years, 8 months ago

Smitty, this happened at 3:30 a.m., and we had a story up by 3:45. There was no way this could get in today's paper, which goes to print around 2 a.m.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

John Hamm 2 years, 8 months ago

Sorry but I think "subject in the road with a single gunshot wound. Officers arrived on scene a short time later and confirmed that a man had sustained a critical gunshot wound to the left leg" is a fair amount of additional information.

thefisherman 2 years, 8 months ago

I am not obsessed with crime. I appreciate the extra detail. More than that, it makes me wonder once again why LJW does not print all of the available information.

Richard Ballard 2 years, 8 months ago

There was another shooting there less then two months ago. They just winged a car the first time.

rcmodel

kernal 2 years, 8 months ago

Hey, Smitty, thanks for cutting and pasting Mike Frizzell's 7:12am Morning Wrap Up blog!

irvan moore 2 years, 8 months ago

i'm still mad that i haven't gotten my morning paper yet to read about it