Archive for Friday, September 30, 2011

Sheriff’s officers continue search for a cause in fire that destroyed rural Lawrence home early Thursday

September 30, 2011

The cause of a fire that destroyed a house early Thursday morning north of Lawrence is still under investigation, Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Lewis said Friday.

Lewis said the origin of the fire was at the southwest corner of the east side porch of the house at 1439 N. 1900 Road, just west of U.S. Highway 24-59. He added investigators are working to narrow their list of accidental causes.

The fire caused an estimated $130,000 in damage to the house and its contents. No one was hurt in the blaze.

Comments

LogicMan 3 years, 6 months ago

I'd ask if anyone had a smoke out on that porch the night before, or in the a.m. before going to work?

DillonBarnes 3 years, 6 months ago

They should get you out there right away! I bet those FIRE INVESTIGATORS didn't think of that one yet. They just do that for a career, but you, ohh, you can post comments on a news feed.

Sarcasm Off

greenworld 3 years, 6 months ago

Believe it or not in our great strong world and powerful ecomony I would check the list of foreclosures. I think I read that in the last 5-10 years arson went up and nearly doubled due to people that were getting ready to have their house foreclosed on. Not as in-common as people think.

rbwaa 3 years, 6 months ago

that's irresponsible libelous conjecture -

misseve 3 years, 6 months ago

yeah foreclosure on a house with NO mortgage...

LadyWolf 3 years, 6 months ago

An UNINSURED house with no mortgage...

radicool12 3 years, 5 months ago

you know what gets me is the people on here that have no respect for someone who lost everything they ever had and stuff that is not replaceable. I also dont understand why when someone helps people out that when they are in need noone helps them but if we were rich and needed help from the government hell they would jump in and help but if you dont have much money then its screw you so what i am trying to say is if you cant help this person in there time of need then dont run your mouth go sit on you fancy couch and think one day that when you need help screw you.