• Mill and overlay project began Sept. 7 on Kasold Street from Trail to Peterson roads. Completion: mid-October.
• Resurfacing project on Route 1061 from the Franklin County line to North 1200 Road. Traffic will be restricted to one lane and will be controlled through the work area. Completion: Nov. 4.
• Water main rehabilitation on Kentucky, Ninth, 18th, 13th and Tennessee streets. Parking and a travel lane on Kentucky will be closed, as will parking and travel lanes on Tennessee. Single-lane traffic will still run through the areas.
• Single-lane traffic both westbound on Kasold Drive between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street for rebuilding of road. Eastbound traffic will have one thru lane and one left lane. Right turns will be allowed from the thru lane. Access from side streets is right-turn only. Completion: late November.
• Add center turn lane on Kasold Drive from 23rd to 31st streets. Southbound traffic will use the lane already being used, and northbound traffic will switch to new pavement. Completion: late fall.
• Kansas River levee closed (for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant) on the north bank, so users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Second phase of overlay and crack-sealing projects could mean temporary single-lane closures. For a map of the overlay projects, visit lawrenceks.org.
• Final phase of a mill/overlay of Sixth Street between Missouri and Iowa streets. All that remains is completion of a turn lane near Michigan Street. Completion: mid-September.
• Pavement patching and curb work on Delaware Street from 19th Street to East 22nd Terrace. There is pavement patching and curb work on East 22nd Terrace from Learnard Avenue to Delaware Street. Completion: late September.
• Three speed humps are to be installed, affecting traffic on Carmel and Wimbledon drives from 18th Street to Inverness Drive. Completion: late September.
• Kansas River Bridge resurfacing project. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction on U.S. 40-59. Completion: late October.
• Traffic on Kansas Highway 10 both directions will have various lane closures just east of Lawrence city limits to the Johnson County line for resurfacing work beginning Sept. 12. Work will not be conducted during peak travel times (6-9 a.m. and 3-6 p.m.). Completion: early November.
U.S. Highway 24
• There will be intermittent effect on the highway and Airport Road related to installation of a sanitary sewer improvements for Lawrence Municipal Airport. Completion: mid-September (weather permitting).
• Resurfacing project began Thursday with varying lane closures both eastbound and westbound over a 10-mile stretch of highway. Drivers should plan for 15-minute delays at the maximum. Completion: mid-October.
U.S. Highway 56
• Resurfacing project that began Sept. 6 will continue with various lane closures in both eastbound and westbound lanes. Drivers should expect delays of up to 15 minutes. Completion: mid-September.
U.S. Highway 59
• Northbound lanes over the Wakarusa River bridge will be reduced to one lane during repair and resurfacing project. Completion: late October.
• North 200 Road closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
Interstate 70/Kansas Turnpike
• Pavement repair will close varying lanes from the Adams Interchange to the Kansas Turnpike Authority Toll Booth in Shawnee County. Completion: early September.
• Project maintenance will close westbound Interstate 470 to westbound I-70 bridge in Shawnee County for repair work. A marked detour will be provided. Completion: mid-October.
• Reconstruction of three miles just east of Lawrence. One-lane traffic each direction between mile markers 208 and 211. Access to the Lawrence Service Area will remain open. Expect delays during rush hour. Completion: November.
• Replacement of 142nd Street bridge in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. Both lanes of 142nd Street closed between Kansas and Riverview avenues. Daily lane closures could occur on I-70 and the right shoulder. Completion: late fall.
• Pavement repair from 87th Street to Midland Drive and on the Holiday Drive interchange ramps in Johnson County. Lane closures from 7 p.m. through noon Monday through Friday and from 7 p.m. until 1 p.m. on the weekend. Completion: late October.
• Southbound traffic on I-35 from 95th Street to I-435 in Johnson county was reduced to one lane on Sept. 9 for resurfacing. The lane will be reopened Monday at 5:30 a.m.
Kansas Highway 10
• Westbound traffic reduced to one lane from Ridgeway Woodland Roads in Johnson County on Monday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for bridge deck repair.