Archive for Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rollover accident reported at County Road 1057 and K-10

September 10, 2011

A rollover accident was reported at County Road 1057 and K-10 just west of Eudora. It occurred at roughly 8:15 p.m.

Check back to LJWorld.com for updates.

Comments

Zombie79 2 years, 7 months ago

HOW ABOUT WE GET AN UPDATE! Hope everyone was okay.

hipper_than_hip 2 years, 7 months ago

Regardless of the speed limit, you should drive as fast (or as slow) as the normal flow of traffic. If you don't feel comfortable with the speed (either too fast or too slow for your comfort) then you should find an alternate route or change the time when you drive.

If you don't like driving fast, don't travel during rush hour. Traveling from OP to Lawrence is much less stressful at 6:00pm than at 4:30pm.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 7 months ago

It seems to me that blowing millions upon millions upon millions of tax dollars for rush hour traffic is insane. Rush hour is such a short period of time twice a day.

Perhaps moving closer to employment could be a solution. Or renting an apartment until work week is over = might be less expensive than gasoline. Apartments may well cost less in KCMO metro than Lawrence. After all speeding eliminates decent gas mileage so maybe an apartment is a fiscal responsible thought.

Yes tailgating is a serious K-10 problem = where is law enforcement. Too busy with speeders.

richh 2 years, 7 months ago

Oh no, there is other one on K-10 again! I recommend that road need to change the speed sign from 70 to 60! Everyday, I go to work from Eudora to Lawrence and I always to stay with under 70 mph, average 30-40 cars pass me as they drive too fast as 80 mph! Where are the highway patrol cars?

Last week, I saw one lady who drove and pass me as 75-80 while her use make up on her face with mirror! Other day, the guy who has the BMW car and keeps driving fast and passes me while he read the newspaper as same time hold on the wheel! Yesterday afternoon, several people were talking on their cell phone and text message while they were driving to KU football game!

After work last Friday afternoon and I drove home. One motorcycle drove real fast like 85-90 mph on the K-10!

Slow down and keep your eyes on the road!

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 7 months ago

The Moral Of This Story Is:

If you can't keep your car right side up, don't buy a convertible.

Cai 2 years, 7 months ago

I personally, love the updates we got on this article. From what's written here, we still really have ZERO idea of what happened. And, validity aside, it's tough to say which (if any) of these opinions are actually relevant here.

Zombie79 2 years, 7 months ago

I wish people would stop acting like k-10 is any more dangerous than any other road. I drove by this accident shortly after it happened. It appeared to me that the car had been traveling on the county road.

newyawkertonMET 2 years, 7 months ago

I drive daily on K-10 and have a few comments. One, whether or not you're going to speed, maintain a safe following distance. You need time to brake if a driver slows down unexpectedly. Second, IMHO, the highway is too congested during rush hour times. It desperately needs to be widened to six lanes from Lawrence to I-435 to solve this. Think about it: I-70 from Lawrence to Topeka is six lanes, and K-10 makes that stretch look like a hurricane evacuation in progress. If the Topeka-Lawrence I-70 corridor were still four lanes, it would look completely the same as K-10. I say widen K-10 to three lanes in either direction in order to keep up with the quite possibly annually increasing commuter saturation. A little tweaking on the speed limit to 75 might be an improvement too, but given all the accidents, I can't say the move would get much community support.

IrishCat 2 years, 7 months ago

I used to have to drive back and forth to JCCC several times a week and I'm telling you, I'd be driving the speed limit and people continually passed me so fast it felt like I was parked. Are they really in that big of a hurry to get home? By the time I'd get to class I'd have knuckle impressions in my steering wheel...it's crazy out there!

David Albertson 2 years, 7 months ago

There is nothing wrong with the highway. It's the idiot drivers that cause all the problems. I don't know how many times I've been driving 75 or 80 and people get right on my ass. It's like if you're not doing 90+ you're in the way. Where are the cops when you need them?

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 7 months ago

Here's a fact:

If careful driving and the wearing of seat belts are inherited characteristics, we are seeing evolution acting a whole lot faster than it ever has before.

oneeye_wilbur 2 years, 7 months ago

Face it. It's a death trap highway, speed or no speed. The highway is built wrong, engineered wrong.