Archive for Friday, September 2, 2011

Minor injuries reported in Friday morning accident on K-10

September 2, 2011

One person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries Friday morning after a rollover accident on Kansas Highway 10 near De Soto, said Master Deputy Tom Erickson, a Johnson County Sheriff’s spokesman.

Erickson said around 9:45 a.m. one vehicle rear-ended another causing one vehicle to roll near the Kill Creek Road exit in the eastbound lanes. Drivers in the area reported heavy traffic as officers and medics responded to the accident.

Additional information about the crash was not available Friday evening.

Comments

JerryStubbs 2 years, 7 months ago

Still it's hard to say how there could be a rear end collision on a four lane highway. I wonder if they will post more information about this wreck. One of the cars rolled over.

JerryStubbs 2 years, 7 months ago

I - 70 has lots more trucks. For real fun, drive on I-70 to St.Louis, during the week when trucks travel most.

K-10 was made when the speed limit was 55, while I-70 was made when the speed limit was 80.

neo_star 2 years, 7 months ago

Needs 6 lanes with a concrete center barrier just like KTA has between Lawrence and Topeka. It carries what seems like the same traffic count.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 7 months ago

Face it it's the drivers not the road.

JerryStubbs 2 years, 7 months ago

K-10 does go through some pretty hilly ground, too. That big valley where Cedar Creek goes through, for example. It is pretty much up and down all the way except from Eudora to Lawrence.

JerryStubbs 2 years, 7 months ago

There are a few of those bridges that are pretty bouncy-- when you go over them either just before or right after the bridge your car kind of lurches or launches, depending on the pavement, which is kind of irregular. I believe that is the kind of thing that had something to do with the fatality on the South Lawrence Trafficway, when the spike bounced out of a truck/trailer and went into the windshield of an oncoming vehicle. It was right around that bridge near the Clinton exit.

Mike Myers 2 years, 7 months ago

For those of us with two eyes on the road it works quite well _wilbur.

oneeye_wilbur 2 years, 7 months ago

Face it, the state cannot . It is a death trap highway and is poorly designed no matter what the speed.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 7 months ago

Events like this make me reconsider whether I really want another convertible. (Well, maybe one with a roll bar might give me a chance, anyway.)

I'm sure I can keep my car upright, but I can't prevent someone else from doing something stupid.

MarcoPogo 2 years, 7 months ago

Has the LJW ever considered just starting up a "K-10 Accident" section of the paper?