Archive for Sunday, October 30, 2011

String of burglaries on Sunday involves at least 10 cars

October 30, 2011

At least 10 vehicles were broken into between midnight on Saturday and 5 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of W. 28th St., police said.

Sgt. Randy Roberts said that a neighbor reported suspicious activity in the area at about 5 a.m. Sunday. Officers responding to the scene searched the area and discovered the auto burglaries.

No arrests have been made, nor is there a description of a suspect.

Comments

Paul R Getto 2 years, 5 months ago

Should be interesting to see. I bet if they get lucky and catch someone, the culprit will be local.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 5 months ago

I always use the remote clicker to lock my car when I exit it, but there is a mysterious problem of some sort that has occurred two or three times within the last four years.

Less than once a year, the electronic theft system triggers when I click to unlock the car, and then all hell breaks loose. The horn sounds over and over, it's very loud, and the headlights flash repeatedly. There is no way to stop it short of getting inside the car and inserting the proper key into the ignition.

I have no clue what causes it, and since it happens so rarely there is no possible way to isolate the problem.

I think that the horn honking and light flashing will eventually stop to save the battery. But that will take over an an hour. I think that in the middle of the night someone would notice it sometime before sunrise.

That is a wonderful feature that is standard on some Ford cars.

PS: To car thieves: Avoid Ford cars.

Food_for_Thought 2 years, 5 months ago

I wonder how many of these were the result of people leaving their doors unlocked...

bootlegger 2 years, 5 months ago

hummmmm' somepin fishy here.........

LadyJ 2 years, 5 months ago

" I'm certain it isn't someone from Topeka." Well it is only a few blocks from Topeka Lane, on the other side of Holcom Park, so I guess it is possible.

ljwhirled 2 years, 5 months ago

But definitely not Topeka. It couldn't be Topeka. Never have we seen this type of behavior in someone from Topeka.

ljwhirled 2 years, 5 months ago

Could be a transplant from Beverly Hills. Maybe Seattle?

ljwhirled 2 years, 5 months ago

Maybe someone from Olathe, or Lenexa.

ljwhirled 2 years, 5 months ago

I'm certain it isn't someone from Topeka.