City commissioners will consider revamping its advisory board that deals with issues related to the homeless.
The city currently has a board called the Community Commission on Homelessness, but several positions on the board had been left unfilled for an extended period of time over the last year. Remaining members of the commission are proposing that the name be changed to the Homeless Issues Advisory Committee and that the group be given a more specific set of tasks. Those tasks would include delivering an annual report on homeless issues to the City Commission, an annual analysis of the community’s Housing Vision plan; and work on implementation of the Homeless Information Management System. The group also hopes that the City Commission will regularly seek the advice of the committee on issues related to the homeless.
• Proclaim Monday, Oct. 31, between the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. as Halloween Beggars Night.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
• Approve claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the city clerk’s office.
• Adopt Resolution No. 6955, amending Resolution No. 6919 and reallocating the expenditure of the remaining $153,705 of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) funds to the downtown streetlight project.
• Adopt these resolutions regarding economic development policies:
a) Resolution No. 6952, repealing Resolution No. 6790 and establishing a policy relating to Transportation Development Districts.
b) Resolution No. 6953, repealing Resolution No. 6887 and establishing a policy relating to Community Improvement Districts.
c) Resolution No. 6954, repealing Resolution No. 6921 and establishing a policy relating to Neighborhood Revitalization Areas.
• Authorize the city manager to execute a five-year agreement between the city and the Kansas State Historic Preservation Officer for the performance of project reviews required under state law.
• Authorize the mayor to sign a release of mortgage for Larry and Barbara Miller, 1325 E. 16th St.
• Receive city manager’s report
• Consider adopting Resolution No. 6951, renewing the purpose, restating the duties, and renaming the Community Commission on Homelessness to the “Homeless Issues Advisory Committee.”
• Receive and consider a policy regarding Complete Streets.
• Receive presentation from the Sustainability Advisory Board regarding the Climate Protection Plan.