Archive for Thursday, November 3, 2011

Report: Grandmother sold meth while baby-sitting

November 3, 2011

— A 36-year-old northeast Kansas woman is accused of selling methamphetamine to an undercover drug agent while baby-sitting her 2-year-old granddaughter.

The Salina Journal reports that Jody Ockert, of Enterprise, was arrested Tuesday on charges that include aggravated child endangerment and distribution of a controlled substance and other offenses.

The Dickinson County Sheriff's Office says Ockert sold more than a half-ounce of meth to an agent with the Dickinson County Drug Enforcement Unit on Aug. 19.

Ockert's appointed attorney from the Junction County Public Defender's Office declined to comment Thursday. Ockert is scheduled to make her first court appearance next week.

Comments

Betty Bartholomew 2 years, 5 months ago

So selling in <.5oz increments is ok? Must be where she went wrong...

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

I must say, considering where this happened, she does seem like an Enterprising young lady. Maybe she can go on that stupid Donald Trump show when she gets out of the joint.

somedude20 2 years, 5 months ago

She is just trying to become part of the 1% so cut her some slack! Of course now she will occupy cell

jackbinkelman 2 years, 5 months ago

I feel like I am insane after reading this story and all the comments..

autie 2 years, 5 months ago

Grandma? WTF? Not again. Them uppity big city slickers...must have gone off to Upland again.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

Yep. And BTW, I saw a story on the area news a while back featuring a 20-something lady from one of the above mentioned towns with 7 kids. Seven. S-e-v-e-n. Hey, it's 2011, not 1811. And don't give me the "blended family" malarky. That's too many kids. Maybe Septa Mom will figure that out after her next few divorces.

jman785 2 years, 5 months ago

I wish I had a grandma like that....

cletus26 2 years, 5 months ago

grandma's are getting younger and younger.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

Well, Bob, I'm trying to be an ass. I bet the grandfather is some mid-80's crack casualty with no teeth, bad breath, body odor, and rotting toenails. His sits around mumbling to people who aren't there while his 30 something trophy wife goes out and blows his wad on cheap basement meth made from drano, lantern fuel, and laxatives. That's what I think.

dogsandcats 2 years, 5 months ago

If they even know who the grandfather is.

What a classy lady.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 5 months ago

"Except that when people think of grandmothers, they think of someone who looks like Betty White, not some mid-30s bombed-out meth head, so there is some shock value to the headline. "

Gccs14r

How old do suppose the grandfather of this child was? I tend to think of them as balding, thin haired, wrinkly old men. Not trying to be an ass, but you are using stereotypes, which I know you don't subscribe too.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

This might not be the right place to bring this up, but are Rick Santorum's shoes too small, or does he soak his pants in ice water before he puts them on every day? I'll post it on the OTS, where I usually hang out.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

Ever heard of "Tighter than Bark on a Tree"? Well, that's me. It's my $12.8 mill. All mine. And I eat out a lot and buy a lot of drugs and a new car every week. I'm too broke to move right now. Quote me again on that, please.

gccs14r 2 years, 5 months ago

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 5 months ago

"The think about this headline that gets me is that if it were a man, they would have never said grandfather. "

Why wouldn't the headline of read, "Grandfather Sold Meth While Babysitting."

"but apart from the story, whats up with the headline? "

No clue. It is accurate.

ivalueamerica 2 years, 5 months ago

I am not connecting that to the story, it does not matter if it was a man or a woman, grandparent or not, this person deserves prison time for subjecting a child to that environment, but apart from the story, whats up with the headline?

Steve Jacob 2 years, 5 months ago

I remember on "The Shield" a drug ring where they made sure the dealers where white mothers to avoid suspicion.

08Champs 2 years, 5 months ago

It would be a sort-of joke if it was funny. And you're right - education and intelligence are vastly different - thanks for correcting me.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

I don't look at booking photos online. I also don't have a police scanner or get on nosey DG Cnty websites that provide info. about who got arrested for what last night so I can feel better about myself. I worked for years with a wonderful couple from Oskaloosa and one of my favorite co-workers was from Perry. I was sort of making a joke, but my point is that there is WT all over the place, including KS and Lawrence, that are irresponsible methheads. I could have played it safe and said something about the Black Crack Attack, but isn't that a little old and inaccurate? And back off of my education. A huge chunk of my trust fund paid for that. I only have about $12.8 mill. to live out the rest of my life on now.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 5 months ago

She and her clan should not be contributing to the gene pool.

08Champs 2 years, 5 months ago

Looked at her booking photo online - the face (and lesions) tell it all.
And Rara-Avis. Your education is showing.

guppypunkhead 2 years, 5 months ago

So many things wrong with this situation!

labmonkey 2 years, 5 months ago

Why are we trying to quash the entrepreneural spirit of this young grandmother?

TheEleventhStephanie 2 years, 5 months ago

A grandmother at 34....clearly good decision making runs in the family.

Machala04 2 years, 5 months ago

Rara_Avis, I lived in Lawrence for 10 years and have lived in Oskaloosa for the last two, and I can assure you, I'm no hillbilly. I can also tell you that you sound like an idiot for even saying that.

Norma Jeane Baker 2 years, 5 months ago

She sold it to the agent on August 19 and was arrested for it on November 2? Why the time lag? And, I wonder how much more meth she sold in the ensuing 2 1/2 months?

Rara_Avis 2 years, 5 months ago

Yep. Same diff. Ever heard of Oskaloosa, McLouth, Perry, Tongie, Eudora? Hillbilly Havens. And I'm no snob. I hate Lawrence, too. I'm just too broke to move right now.

GUMnNUTS 2 years, 5 months ago

A 36 year old is already a grandmother? WOW! And a meth head to boot. What is this Missouri?