Archive for Thursday, November 3, 2011

Report: Grandmother sold meth while baby-sitting

November 3, 2011

— A 36-year-old northeast Kansas woman is accused of selling methamphetamine to an undercover drug agent while baby-sitting her 2-year-old granddaughter.

The Salina Journal reports that Jody Ockert, of Enterprise, was arrested Tuesday on charges that include aggravated child endangerment and distribution of a controlled substance and other offenses.

The Dickinson County Sheriff's Office says Ockert sold more than a half-ounce of meth to an agent with the Dickinson County Drug Enforcement Unit on Aug. 19.

Ockert's appointed attorney from the Junction County Public Defender's Office declined to comment Thursday. Ockert is scheduled to make her first court appearance next week.

Comments

GUMnNUTS 3 years, 1 month ago

A 36 year old is already a grandmother? WOW! And a meth head to boot. What is this Missouri?

snookums 3 years, 1 month ago

Hopefully if you have any friends they will help you move soon. You sound like you cast a dark shadow wherever you are. I bet those hillbillies would help you pack.

homechanger 3 years, 1 month ago

I'm sure she was being investigated and everybody she delt with is now know to law enforcement. Cops can learn alot in 3 month investigation.

thebigspoon 3 years, 1 month ago

More importantly, how many times and for how long was the infant put in danger? And does, the grandaughter/mom of the baby not know what's happening? Inconceivable.

monheim 3 years, 1 month ago

Clearly you are living up to your name and are an experienced investigator of drug-related crimes. I think the DEA should immediately bring you on as a consulting expert.

Machala04 3 years, 1 month ago

Rara_Avis, I lived in Lawrence for 10 years and have lived in Oskaloosa for the last two, and I can assure you, I'm no hillbilly. I can also tell you that you sound like an idiot for even saying that.

TheEleventhStephanie 3 years, 1 month ago

A grandmother at 34....clearly good decision making runs in the family.

gccs14r 3 years, 1 month ago

I once worked with a woman who was a great-grandmother at 49.

gccs14r 3 years, 1 month ago

Considering the time interval, this current grandma could have been the granddaughter then.

labmonkey 3 years, 1 month ago

Why are we trying to quash the entrepreneural spirit of this young grandmother?

guppypunkhead 3 years, 1 month ago

So many things wrong with this situation!

08Champs 3 years, 1 month ago

Looked at her booking photo online - the face (and lesions) tell it all.
And Rara-Avis. Your education is showing.

jhawkinsf 3 years, 1 month ago

She and her clan should not be contributing to the gene pool.

sundancewierdo 3 years, 1 month ago

"I hate Lawrence, too. I'm just too broke to move right now." ...and that's a direct quote...

tanaumaga 3 years, 1 month ago

Too bad your trust fund can't buy you brains or a nice personality.

08Champs 3 years, 1 month ago

It would be a sort-of joke if it was funny. And you're right - education and intelligence are vastly different - thanks for correcting me.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years, 1 month ago

If Kansas is divided into four quadrants, NE, SE, NW and SW, Enterprise is well within the NE quadrant.

Steve Jacob 3 years, 1 month ago

I remember on "The Shield" a drug ring where they made sure the dealers where white mothers to avoid suspicion.

ivalueamerica 3 years, 1 month ago

The think about this headline that gets me is that if it were a man, they would have never said grandfather.

I am not connecting that to the story, it does not matter if it was a man or a woman, grandparent or not, this person deserves prison time for subjecting a child to that environment, but apart from the story, whats up with the headline?

jaywalker 3 years, 1 month ago

Um....it's true? And you're mistaken that 'grandfather' wouldn't have been tagged on if the role was different. At the ripe ol' age of 36 anyone's gonna get lambasted for that many poor choices wrapped up in less than 100 words.

One of the more overall disgusting stories of the week. Sad and nauseating. All power to the granddaughter rising above.

ivalueamerica 3 years, 1 month ago

Gender Bias in the media is pretty well documented. Examples include Mother of 3 but almost never father of 3, grandmother, but almost never grandfather, woman doctor, but not male doctor, things like that. Really, you did not know that?

jaywalker 3 years, 1 month ago

I'm not arguing about gender bias anywhere, ivalue. God bless women. I'm their biggest fan. It's good to be a guy. We got it easy, ridiculously so when compared to women. Double standards and lower are deplorably despicable, forgive the alliteration; scotch, ya know. Nevertheless, more sincere on this I could not be.
All I'm sayin' is the headline is true- indisputable, right? AND if the perp was the 36 year old grandfather in this case, it's my contention that would make the headline, too. Something this twisted? That's able to be summed up in less than a 100 word snippet? This sucker is gonna be a catchall. That's all I said.

And once again, from the mountain tops,

God Bless Women!

TopJayhawk 3 years, 1 month ago

and it is always "male nurse" not female nurse. It is always woman firefitghter, not male firefighter. It is always female cop, not male cop

Any other questions?

Clevercowgirl 3 years, 1 month ago

I wonder what they will call the brain damage inflicted on kids subjected to the chemicals in meth. She must have been using too.

gccs14r 3 years, 1 month ago

Except that when people think of grandmothers, they think of someone who looks like Betty White, not some mid-30s bombed-out meth head, so there is some shock value to the headline.

dogsandcats 3 years, 1 month ago

If they even know who the grandfather is.

What a classy lady.

Reuben Turner 3 years, 1 month ago

grandma's are getting younger and younger.

somedude20 3 years, 1 month ago

She is just trying to become part of the 1% so cut her some slack! Of course now she will occupy cell

Betty Bartholomew 3 years, 1 month ago

So selling in <.5oz increments is ok? Must be where she went wrong...