Archive for Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Man taken to hospital after aggravated battery at 14th and Ohio

November 1, 2011

A man was transferred to Lawrence Memorial Hospital from South Park after he was hit with a blunt weapon near 14th and Ohio streets just after 2 a.m. on Tuesday, police said.

Sgt. Craig Shanks said that the victim walked to the park but did not know who called police. The victim is "in his twenties" and did not know who hit him or what exactly he had been hit with.

Officers searched the park and surrounding area, but a suspect had not been identified as of early Tuesday morning.

Comments

wolfmn1958 2 years, 5 months ago

Empty Ensure containers,now that's funny. Better then beer bottles

oneeye_wilbur 2 years, 5 months ago

Fret not! Retirees are moving so fast to Lawrence that they soon will Occupy Lawrence. Just a bunch of old people will be throwing around empty Ensure containers.

newmommiebrazil 2 years, 5 months ago

i walk downtown at night all the time. sometimes at 4 in the morning to go to java break. im not a big girl but i am only scared if i see someone approaching me on the sidewalk. then i scream and run away.

otto 2 years, 5 months ago

Maybe we could get some undercovers to walk around and stir up some violence. Kind of like bait car.

Gandalf 2 years, 5 months ago

You can't walk down town without someone wanting money

And that is just the business owners! :)

wolfmn1958 2 years, 5 months ago

I've lived in Lawrence for many years. I've never seen the likes of crimes in Lawrence like I have in the last 10 years. You can't walk down town without someone wanting money. An this happened to myself an my wife in front of a business that had 3 hiring signs in the window. I use to live in East Lawrence an had a 45cal an a big dog. Now I live in West Lawrence an have to have an alarm system also now. Wow Lawrence,what happened to you

Ian Brown 2 years, 5 months ago

Just a guess, UNIKU and tanaumaga, but I'm willing to bet you're both wrong. If you are at all familiar with the area of 14th and Ohio, you would know that is where The Hawk is located. It also states that the incident occurred just after 2 a.m. My guess? He was assaulted by an intoxicated college student outside of The Hawk just after last call. I doubt this crime was committed by a homeless man or an "Occupier," no matter how much you wish it was just so you could blame them for all the ills off society.

tanaumaga 2 years, 5 months ago

In that area, it was some dirtbag traveling along the homeless highway between the liquor stores and the shelter.

UNIKU 2 years, 5 months ago

I bet it was one of the "underemployed" trying to Occupy his wallet

newmommiebrazil 2 years, 5 months ago

maybe it was a piece of satellite that fell from the sky.