Archive for Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Facebook, Kan. user ask court delay lawsuit

November 1, 2011

— Attorneys for Facebook and a Kansas man who filed a class-action lawsuit over privacy issues have jointly asked a federal judge to delay proceedings while a panel decides whether to consolidate similar lawsuits elsewhere.

The lawsuit by Leawood resident John Graham is one of more than a dozen filed nationwide alleging Facebook tracked users' Internet activity without consent while they were logged out of the social networking site.

A document filed Tuesday in Graham's case asks for a delay while the Panel on Multidistrict Litigation decides on a request by plaintiffs in a California case who want to coordinate or consolidate similar lawsuits. The consolidation request is expected to be heard by the judiciary panel in Miami on Jan. 26.

Comments

Alfred_W 2 years, 5 months ago

• Where exactly is Facebook, Kan. located? - -

I believe it's right down the highway from Google, KS

guppypunkhead 2 years, 5 months ago

Yeah this headline makes no sense. Fix it!

trinity 2 years, 5 months ago

Where exactly is Facebook, Kan. located?

Amy Heeter 2 years, 5 months ago

I observer a turn in the tide. The only thing Facebook will see me do is to visit the award winning skye a.d delete emails from hopeless fools who can't let go.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 5 months ago

"You can place anything you want in a contract when drafting it. It doesn't make it enforceable. Anything suggesting they can track your usage patterns when not using their site wouldn't be enforceable because it is illegal." Eride

When you click the, "I accept" link, lawyers wll be involved if you want to get out of that. That is what I was getting at.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 5 months ago

"In other words what you did in between Facebook logons was transmitted to Facebook without your knowledge. I suggest you think before typing"

Not to be combative, but read Facebook's user agreement thing. A whole lot of gray area involved. Much like our mortgage, banking, cable, etc...

Lawyers are horrible, horrible people.

atiopatioo 2 years, 5 months ago

I was followed by a hobo downtown. Can I sue him?

shorttrees 2 years, 5 months ago

Observant is obviously a misnomer, or has a reading comprehension problem. The court case has nothing to do with anything posted to FaceBook, but rather deals with the tracking of user information and website visits AFTER or while not logged in to Facebook. Totally different issue than things that have been posted.

observant 2 years, 5 months ago

My thoughts are, if you are posting anything on Facebook, you should understand that anything you post is out there forever. Obviously you are clueless as to how the internet works.