Archive for Friday, May 6, 2011

Small electrical fire causes little damage to house on West 19th Terrace

May 6, 2011


A small electrical fire Friday afternoon damaged siding and insulation but didn’t cause any major problems to a house just south of the Kansas University campus.

Lawrence Douglas County Fire and Medical Division Chief Joe Hoelscher said insulation was smoldering in a box that supplies electricity to the house at 1301 W. 19th Terrace.

Firefighters tore away siding from the back of the house and were able to extinguish the insulation, Hoelscher said.

Fire crews were called at 2:20 p.m. Friday. A fire investigator was working with a Westar Energy crew as firefighters were leaving the scene.

Hoelscher said the fire did not cause major damage inside the house.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.