Archive for Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Police arrest Lawrence man for battery, indecent exposure following altercation

May 4, 2011

Lawrence police arrested a 21-year-old Lawrence man Wednesday afternoon after he was accused of striking a 31-year-old Lawrence woman in the face inside Dollar General store, 1811 W. Sixth St.

Sgt. Matt Sarna, a police spokesman, said officers were called about 12:15 p.m. to the store for a possible fight, and they discovered bystanders restraining the suspect. Witnesses alleged the man entered the store with his pants down and struck the woman in the face. The suspect and victim did not know each other. The woman had a minor injury to her face but refused medical attention at the scene, police said.

Sarna said witnesses also alleged the man had been walking on Sixth Street prior to the incident with his pants pulled down. The man was arrested and taken to the Douglas County Jail on charges of battery and indecent exposure.

Comments

MarcoPogo 3 years, 5 months ago

gl0ck0wn3r 3 years, 5 months ago

Sven must have passed the torch to a new amateur forum moderator.

jafs 3 years, 5 months ago

The moderators ask that people flag comments.

They don't have the time/energy to read all of the comments on all of the stories.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm sure the woman assaulted didn't think it was fun.

stevej 3 years, 5 months ago

nschwerm 3 years, 5 months ago

Its a shame that in our society this kind of thing can happen yet the victim must decline medical treatment because it will costs thousands for something so simple.

Kyle Reed 3 years, 5 months ago

What in this story leads you to believe it would cost thousands of dollars in medical treatment?

NY152 3 years, 5 months ago

I guess you have never been to the emergency room. Which I am sure is where she would have gone.

auntmimi210 3 years, 5 months ago

donnawaterfall, why don't you tell us what you think about it, instead of just proudly suggesting comments for removal...??

donnawaterfall 3 years, 5 months ago

Because I'm her mother and you don't want to hear what I think about the crazed lunatic here. Why don't you get a life?

RockChalkRoughNeck 3 years, 5 months ago

auntmimi210 3 years, 5 months ago

Better put my "LMBO" & a "good one" & a "ha ha ha" before donnawaterfall gets that comment removed!!!

geekin_topekan 3 years, 5 months ago

Thank Kansas Repubs for selling this element down the river. It'll be happinin more and more. So far, only one innocent has been affected. Call her 'the first', ther'llbe many many more.

KEITHMILES05 3 years, 5 months ago

Lawrence has really degenerated to a low level.

RockChalkRoughNeck 3 years, 5 months ago

It's a little distasteful I agree, however I posted it to see if the suggest for removal comment nazi would boast underneath....

Alabamastreet 3 years, 5 months ago

How did he walk all the way from Topeka with his pants down?

Random56 3 years, 5 months ago

So communism will cure or prevent or psychological health disorders?

Random56 3 years, 5 months ago

so communism will cure or prevent psychological disorders?

Danielle Brunin 3 years, 5 months ago

If a crazy man with his pants down walks up and slaps me, he better be protecting his sack because I would kick him so hard his whole family would feel it.

julz 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm rolling on the floor laughing!

LMWITTER 3 years, 5 months ago

That was my next move....( :

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

The miscreant should be thankful that nobody got all monkey steals the peach on him.

Richard Payton 3 years, 5 months ago

obviously he watched the rerun of pants off dance off while on bath salts.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

Note to self, avoid Dollar Store while getting some sunshine on my yarbles.

Patti Lash Brown 3 years, 5 months ago

The person attacked & choked was my neice who is a nurse. Her small son also witnessed the attack. Thank goodness her Dad was with her and beat the crap out of the guy who was wacked out on drugs! This was a scary attack and we should not make jokes about it.

LMWITTER 3 years, 5 months ago

Hello, I am the woman who this happened to. I must say that I have never had anything like this happen to me before. We had just stopped to get a quick mother's day card because we didn't want to drive all the way aross town. This man walks in with his pants around his ankles, lunges at me and swings! I pushed 4 year old son out of the way when I saw he was aiming for me. Why?!?! I have no idea, he never said a word, just punched me in the side of the face. I am very thankful my dad was with me and gave him one (or two) in return! My little boy was shaking and screaming. Let's just say he is lucky it was me and not my son. I'm more mad at myself for not reacting quicker and getting out of the way of an obviously drugged up freak, if it had been a gun, i'd have been toast.....Think I'll stay out of Dollar General for a while. I hope he is rotting in his jail cell as we speak, but I'm sure somehow, he will be out very soon!

ferrislives 3 years, 5 months ago

Sorry to hear what happened to you, and I'm very sorry that your son witnessed this idiot. But I'm glad that you're all ok. Thank God for fathers!

donnawaterfall 3 years, 5 months ago

Your dad took care of him like a champ. I'm glad you are safe now.

LoveThsLife 3 years, 5 months ago

That is horrible! I am so sorry that happened to you. What a scary thing for a four year old to see. I'm glad another adult was with you to help you out.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Danielle Brunin 3 years, 5 months ago

I second that! I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Please don't be mad at yourself. After all, you're the victim, and it sounds like you were more worried about your son than yourself. I'm glad you're dad was able to put the smackdown on the guy. That was probably more effective than a kick to the crotch anyhow! :)