Archive for Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fans crushed by KU’s exit from NCAA tournament

KU seniors Patrick Watkins, Holton, left, and Jay Ryan, of Garden City, can’t contain their disappointment at Johnny’s Tavern, 401 N. Second St., during Sunday’s game against Virginia Commonwealth University. Kansas fans filled local bars to take in the game between No. 1-seed KU and No. 11-seed VCU, but the mood soured early as the Rams dominated the game. KU lost 71-61.

March 27, 2011, 1:59 p.m. Updated March 28, 2011, 12:38 a.m.

Jayhawk fans disappointed by loss to VCU

Fans Robin Carver and Dwight Clarkson were among the thousands in Lawrence let down by KU’s loss to VCU. The two shared their thoughts on the end of what had been a successful season. Enlarge video

KU fans descend on downtown Lawrence for big game

Jayhawk fans Chris Dunagan, James Koop and Esther Koop, and Matt Meyer talk about why they ventured to downtown Lawrence to watch Sunday’s Elight Eight game in the NCCA Tournament. Enlarge video

Kansas fans watch the Jayhawks take on VCU in an Elite Eight matchup Sunday, March 27, 2011 at Buffalo Wild Wings in downtown Lawrence.

Snow showers only dampened the mood of Jayhawk fans who poured out onto Massachusetts Street Sunday after Kansas University’s heartbreaking loss to Virginia Commonwealth University.

“Just another March Madness letdown,” Andrew DeBoest said.

He was among a trio of KU seniors who were on their way home after watching the game at Quinton’s, 615 Mass.

“We were ranked No. 1, and it was ours to lose,” said DeBoest, who was among the thousands of Jayhawk fans in Lawrence stunned by KU’s 71-61 loss.

DeBoest’s friend Mary Suellentrop said the seniors were hoping to bookend their college years with NCAA titles. They were freshmen when KU won the 2008 National Championship.

“We were looking for a freshman/senior win. We thought it was our year,” Suellentrop said.

The mood was just as bleak for the fans leaving Buffalo Wild Wings, 1012 Mass.

“Next year,” KU alumna Heather Dover said.

“We keep saying next year, but then we keep blowing it,” her friend Robin Carver said.

They were among a group of 12 who had racked up a bar tab of over $1,000 as they watched the game.

“That’s how much we support our team,” Carver said.

The loss wasn’t easy for Buffalo Wild Wings general manager Chris Smith to take, either.

“I can hear the sales going down the drain,” Smith said as the crowd shuffled out the door. But it was more than just money.

“We want to see them win just as bad as everyone else does,” he said.

Earlier in the day the spirit was much more jovial at the restaurant. Nearly four hours before tipoff, fans began staking out seats for the big game.

Among the first to arrive was James Koop, who came from Blue Springs, Mo., with his family.

Along with a full wardrobe of crimson and blue, Koop proudly displayed a Jayhawk tattoo on his calf.

“It’s KU, one of the best teams in the nation,” Koop said. “We are winning this.”

The restaurant was full by 11 a.m. An hour before the game, the bar replayed the final five minutes of KU’s 2008 championship game against Memphis.

Matt Meyer had been at the restaurant since 9:45 a.m. and was ready for a win.

“I’m feeling pretty confident. The team is kind of on a mission right now,” he said.

Tom Wilkerson, owner of Jayhawk Spirit, 935 Mass., also was optimistic about KU’s chances going into Sunday’s game.

“I really feel good about this bracket,” Wilkerson said.

He was wearing the store’s biggest seller — thanks to actor Charlie Sheen — a T-shirt that read “Winning! Duh.” Next to the catchphrase was a Jayhawk.

Wilkerson had hoped the next big seller would have been the Final Four shirts in Jayhawk colors that were already at the store, but not yet for sale.

“We’ll start selling them as soon as they win,” he said.

That never happened.

By half-time, the atmosphere had turned a “little grim” at Free State Brewing Company, 636 Mass.

Joy Harris was among the couple dozen people perched around the bar watching the game.

“I’m a little anxious. But I still have hope,” she said just as KU was starting to mount a comeback in the second half.

The hope dwindled in the final minutes of the game as VCU once again established a healthy lead. As the seconds ticked down, fans at Buffalo Wild Wings began heading outside into the snowy weather.

“We gave it away,” Dwight Clarkson said with a shrug.

Comments

dsplawrence 4 years, 4 months ago

HaHaHa.

I hate sports, and I particularly hate all of these clones who walk around this town by the thousands in identical blue Jayhawk T-shirts. The photo of the two frat-types looking as though they've just learned that their trust funds have been taken away from them has really made my day. Too bad this town's identity hinges upon a college sports team. Boo hoo.

dsplawrence 4 years, 4 months ago

Why should I move? I'm not the one who crushed the hopes and dreams of a bunch of Jayhawk fans by losing a basketball game.

Paris 4 years, 4 months ago

You were shoved into a lot of lockers in high school weren't you?

tomyzeb 4 years, 4 months ago

Well there is nothing wrong with have interests, and I would venture to guess that these two kids would not get on a public blog to attempt an insult at whatever your interests happen to be.

whats_going_on 4 years, 4 months ago

I'd give good money that this person was stuffed in quite a few lockers as a kid.

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

If I had your bball team I'd hate sports too! Why dont you try the Kentucky Wildcats like me? You might love bball then like me and millions more cat fans! LETS DO IT!

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

I believe you'll get your chance next Fall in a non-conference tournament game.

Watch out for schadenfreude. It's kind of like karma...

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

Oh and by the way, don't forget this: December 9, 1989

KU: 150 UK: 95

Isn't that the worst loss ever suffered (and I do mean suffered) by a Kentucky team? Just wondering. If there's a worse Kentucky loss feel free to correct me.

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

Yeah I got one for you! Try the game back in 1998 when Uk knocked your chokehawks out and went on to win the tournament! Yep, that was it. And I cant wait for next fall either. We have the #1 class coming in and I would imagine that ku will be subpar, much lower than this years superb team that got blasted by some div II team, as usual but consider your current team? You will do even better next year. NOT! Right now I got a date with a championship starting on Saturday! You have fun taking down your Bill (plays with him) Self team posters and wonder how he'll blow it again next year, provided you guys get in the tournament??

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

It's OK, blur. The NCAA will catch up with Calimari soon enough and those wins, like UMASS and Memphis will also be vacated. Much as the ones for point shaving should have been...

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

All coaches cheat at some level! Bill Self was caught up in the same thing, so was Williams and so on. It just depends on whom the ncca has it in for and how far they want to go with it. Furthermore, Calipari was never accused of cheating! Get your facts straight and quit reaching! It looks bad! Cam Newton got away with it and the ncca looked the other way? Seems the crooked ncaa must have had some friends at Ohio st, huh?????

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

"All coaches cheat at some level" Wow, there's a real honorable justification. It sure says a lot about your program, their expectations and "fans" like you.

Exactly what was Bill Self "caught up in"? The fact he spoke to a recruit and said "good game" during a non-contact period? That's really a major NCAA violation, right? That's a really stark example of cheating and gaining an advantage over opposing coaches and programs, right? Only problem with that "analysis" is no one else that matters agrees.

Calimari is the only coach to have Final Fours vacated at two schools. That's a real mark of distinction, eh? He's also a real class act. Remember the sports reporter in Jersey he referred to as an "F-ing Mexican idiot"? Then he apologizes for the way his remark was "misinterpreted". I guess misinterpreted to Calimari means he called him a moron rather than an idiot. What a joke.

Calimari's the stinking head of the rotten fish. He just moves on when the heat starts to get turned up. Just like he did at UMASS, just like he did at Memphis, just like he will at Kentucky. You and yours will be left holding the entrails-filled bag.

Enjoy the smell.

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

Yeah but its too bad that you have to sit and wait until next season? Our season is still going and you're team is still choking! Sit back Saturday and watch a real #1 team play! You might learn something? Maybe not!

phoggyjay 4 years, 4 months ago

What a sad person you are... feeling better now?

phoggyjay 4 years, 4 months ago

I'm glad you agree with my statement.

grammaddy 4 years, 4 months ago

Win or lose... ride or die...Rock Chalk Jayhawks 24/7/365 !!!

cannon 4 years, 4 months ago

This is a matter of overconfidence causing the loss. Not just the team, but Self himself displayed so much overconfidence. How did the team and Self think VCU made it to the Elite 8? By luck? I don't think so. It was woefully obvious from the opening minutes of the game that KU was unprepared mentally. The four teams that made it into the Final Four are there because they deserve to be, thru hard work and plenty of preparation. KU can't continue to ride on the past, it needs to face up to the fact that every game is do or die, and today it was die.

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

Oh really? Do you think that Bill will learn this after a couple of more losses to these nobodies?? Maybe, ku isnt as good as you think they are, like I already knew? But do keep making the excuses for them. Its very entertaining.....

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

Yeah my team is still playing dork! And your team is home again after another embarrasing defeat at the hands of another division II team! TomTurd23 is a gayhawk....

dsplawrence 4 years, 4 months ago

It is 'do or die' because, as we all know, college basketball (only a notch above high school basketball) mirrors real life decisions and outcomes.

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

That's R E A L L Y deep, Jack Handy.

jsbreith 4 years, 4 months ago

Wow dsplawrence, you are a cranky ole' soul today.

Richard Heckler 4 years, 4 months ago

These "unknowns" coming in and doing well kinda keeps us grounded. Both games I watched this VCU team play = hard,fast and some awesome 3 pointers.

But hey what the hell. KU had a great season. Too much emphasis is placed on the final four. Life will go on.

It is not the end of the world. Bill has had several very good years. Bill wins a lot of games.... the bottom line.

In the last 20 years I cannot remember KU having a anything but good basketball....

While I believe the twins get a little rowdy on the floor sometimes it seems like a pro team would want both these guys on the same team.

Meanwhile next season is just around the corner. Let's get on with it.

Basketball season has come and now finished until next season. Gardening is the next season on the table...... time to start growing.

domino 4 years, 4 months ago

WOW! Got the trolls out on this story! I'm proud to be a Jayhawk fan - always have been - always will be. A true fan is a fan thru good and thru bad - none of this "fair weather" crap. Do I wish things were different? Do I wish we had won? Do I wish that I could watch this group of guys win 2 more games? Do I wish that my basketball season wasn't over? YES!!! But tomorrow, I'll get up - put on one of my KU shirts and go to work - and start counting the days until basketball season starts again! Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Go KU!! FOE!!!!!

jsbreith 4 years, 4 months ago

gvnobas, not every KU fan is a drunken screaming nut walking around giving hi-fives. I often wonder what makes people so hateful! What is it with you and dsplawrence? Do you get pleasure bad mouthing basketball fans or just people in general? Why don't you guys go on another site where you can blog about something that's important to you! You don't need to put the dagger in any further!

Flap Doodle 4 years, 4 months ago

Who wasn't ready today? "San Antonio — Marcus Morris bounced a basketball while walking down an Alamodome hallway with brother Markieff and TBS announcer Craig Sager on Thursday afternoon. Small talk was interrupted when a cart carrying a couple Richmond players drove by. “You boys better be ready,” Morris, Kansas University’s junior forward..." http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/mar/25/sweet-talking-marcus-morris-has-words-wisdom-spide/?mens_basketball

rockchalker52 4 years, 4 months ago

Glad we could make your day, g.
Why you gotta be like dat? Classless, I mean.

rockchalker52 4 years, 4 months ago

We're not writing a treatise here, g. Literary license is allowed. I guess your life's significance is tearing others down to build yourself up. That's what I mean by classless.

rockchalker52 4 years, 4 months ago

Yeah, all that tired political bashing is working out swell. Lots of pols are classless, lots of people in a 'higher social class' are classless, too. In fact, I myself am classless, having already graduated. When I was in school, though, I learned enough not to be CLASSLESS!

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

I agree! Ku is the spam once again....

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

KU fans have nothing to be crushed about. You guys have a tremendous team that made a great run. There are a lot of reasons there are so many upsets in the tournament. That's why we HAVE a tournament, and why people watch it. Whether or not all your underclassmen return, I'm fairly confident you'll have yet another great team next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. I've been living out here for 20 years now, and ya' know what? I don't remember too many of what other programs refer to as 'rebuilding' years. You can't win it all every year - leave SOME of the trophies for the rest of us, will ya'?

rockchalker52 4 years, 4 months ago

That's so funny I forgot to laugh. Go do something significant.

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

You must be crying alot every year then?

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Well, at least we know you're not worth paying attention to, since your 'knowledge' of basketball - which was invented in Springfield Massachusetts - is so sorely lacking. But please, troll on.

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

"You are quick on the Wikipedia button"

Um, yeah. Especially when I already knew the answer. How far do you think Springfield is from Storrs, sonny? And ya' think there just might be some reason the put they Hall there?

"True Jayhawks know it was actually invented in Lawrence"

Didja' maybe happen to notice my screen name - not to mention my avatar - genius?

And I'm picky about who I call friend, and allow to call me the same, bubba. A modicum of knowledge about the game of basketball definitely improves the odds, but I guess you didn't make the cut.

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

nota, you and I don't often see eye to eye, but a friendly (can I use that word?) tip of the hat to you today. I was already going to root for the Huskies to win given how they've played of late, but even more so now.

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

I can think of no reason why you can not use that word, I often don't see eye to eye with my fiends (I know that's hard to believe, but trust me!). And thanks!

Marcy McGuffie 4 years, 4 months ago

Obviously gvnobas is trolling, but it doesn't take the wiki to know that basketball was not invented in Lawrence.

kblur77 4 years, 4 months ago

Ku a tremendous team?? Yeah I guess they are when they play the E.A. Sports Team at home in the season opener. And dont forget Washburn and all the home games that are given to them when the refs put ku on the foul line 20 more times than the visiting teams??

CardHawkFan 4 years, 4 months ago

Garbage...garbage. The whole thing was garbage. I typically love the NCAA tourney, but this is a joke. So what if VCU wins it all? You're telling me they are the best team in America? Seriously flawed. Apparently the tournament director and the BCS guy must have had a few lunches together this year and the BCS director gave out the advice of having a first four. KU might as well not even play a regular season next year because apparently conference championships don't mean anything anymore. Next year Bill, rest your guys, go .500 in conference so we can have our players ready for NCAA play. Why waste your time on accomplishing things during the regular season. You too could get a first four bid, play well beyond your capabilities and make everyone forget you did nothing important all season! Garbage! NCAA got this wrong and KU paid the price because a mediocre team was able to find their luck behind the arc! Rock Chalk! We still believe in you boys!

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

"So what if VCU wins it all? You're telling me they are the best team in America? Seriously flawed."

It's not flawed at all. It's exactly as it's supposed to be. The entire idea of a tournament - even a conference tournament - is to give everybody a chance, whether they're from the Big-12/10/East, the CAC, the Mountain West, or whatever. Every conference gets to send someone, whether or not that someone was the best in their own conference. Then they add in a bunch of at large teams who, over the course of the year, have demonstrated that they played better than an awful lot of those teams that won their conference tourneys. Would you rather have a BCS-style ranking system where they anoint the two best teams to play one game for all the marbles? I seem to hear a lot of complaining about that in football.

It does not mean the team that wins the championship is the best team in the country. It never has, it never will, and it's not supposed to. The team that wins the NBA playoffs may not be the best team throughout the year either. The season is played to earn the right to get into the tournament (or playoffs) and to establish the seeding. It's a good system, even if it guarantees that the fans from almost 350 schools will be disappointed.

Are you old enough to have watched 'the perfect upset', when 'Nova beat Ewing and Georgetown in the title game? I still remember Rollie Massimino standing at courtside with a microphone in his face saying, quite frankly, that Georgetown was a better team. "But not tonight."

"Next year Bill, rest your guys, go .500 in conference so we can have our players ready for NCAA play."

UConn finished at .500 in their conference. That gave them the ninth seed in their tournament, meaning they had to win five games in five days - one of them in overtime, and four of them against ranked teams - to win that conference crown. I wouldn't call that resting them up for the NCAA's. I don't think that 'rest' has much to do with it. If you think about it, the teams in the tournament (except for the 8 that have to play in a play-in game) play two games each week, which pretty much all of them do every week of the season, if not more.

So the Jayhawks made it to being one of the last 8 teams left, but no further. I haven't forgotten what a great year they had or what they accomplished. Are you saying that you're going to, because they were one of the 349 teams who weren't this years national champion, instead of the ONE that will be?

JHAWK2929 4 years, 4 months ago

Very well thought out and expressed, as usual. And thank you for bringing some well needed class to offset some of our more moronic visitors! I would venture to say that it is not very often that the "best" team wins the title. I mean, we have actual experience from which to speak. In 1988, we were not CLOSE to being the best team in the country, we were like 21-12 and walked through a busted bracket just like we had this year, but we were the hungry, hustling team that day. We will be back again, and when our kids get home to Lawrence, they will be reminded why they choose to come out in the middle of nowhere for school, instead of the mountains, the beaches, or the beautiful southern weather. Down to earth, good people, willing to show up rain or shine, just to let a group of young athletes know that they are loved and cared about, win or lose!! And for the knucklehead hater that knows so much about Kansas BB, he was probably on the bus to the "Hothouse", Federal Prison down there in Leavenworth, for not registering with the fellows in blue and letting them know that he was living that close to an elementary school AGAIN, and on the way through Lawrence he saw the sign on "Naismith" Drive and it reminded him of the cartoon he saw that said that James Naismith invented BB. With his awesome math skills, he simply deducted that James Naismith, Basketball, Kansas...1+1+1=111 EASY! I think I will go over to a Jayhawk site and show them how wonderfully brilliant, charismatic and classy I am! Plus I better take my best, only friend, dsplawrence with me just in case I get in a fight. And since they both live in the same body, they should be able to work as a "team", something they feel the Jayhawks, CS, and the rest of the staff are unable to do, regardless of their record over this year or over the last 100 years. But honestly, there is a reason that Kansas is recognised as 1 of the top 3 programs of all time in men's college basketball. They play the game with passion, the fans may be second to none, and they have been winning and winning with class for over 100 years. There will always be haters, just as there will always be Jayhawks! ROCK CHALK!!!!!!

tomyzeb 4 years, 4 months ago

Part of what is flawed is that Bill Self and many other traditional style coaches, do not truly appreciate the value of the 3 point shot. Personally, I wish that it had never been added to the game, but that is another discussion. 33% more points for the same shot taken 2 inches behind a painted line. And, most of the time you get long rebounds if you miss. And, if someone actually tries to get in your face and defend the shot and fouls you, you get 3 free throw attempts at 75% probability or so for each of the shots.

Does anyone remember how KU chased Indiana out of the arena in 1991 using the 3 point shot (Downtown Terry Brown)? Actually that 1991 team reminds me of VCU. A bunch of nobodies, that could pass, shoot, and defend. Does that sound familiar? Take a look if you do not remember: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxq27P...

KU is so proud that it was a leader in field goal percentage at 50.8%. Guess what, if you did nothing but shoot 3s and made 34% of your shots, you would come out ahead. And, every time someone fouled you, you would be even farther ahead. What scares coaches is the apparent hot and cold spells that occur., however, if everyone is truly committed, works hard at it., and understands the statistics, you still come out ahead with the 3. And, a guy that is 6'6" that can hit 3s, and can also dribble, penetrate, run the court (ala Michael Jordan style) is more versatile than a beefy 6'10" forward that stands near the paint waiting for a lob. The rebounding forward fits in well as part of a system, but you need the athletic guard/small forward like a Brandon Rush or Paul Pierce that can shoot from the outside first. Most of all, you need players that can shoot a jump shot and score against anyway that is put in front of them.

jonas_opines 4 years, 4 months ago

Errr. . . . didn't we take a good 20 3 point shots, and miss all but two of them?

tomyzeb 4 years, 4 months ago

Yes we took shots. There is more to it than just taking the shots. The team needs to have players and a coach that are dedicated to this facet of the game so that there is a level of confidence, even when things are not going well such as in the NCAA tournament.

Terry Jacobsen 4 years, 4 months ago

Everyone knows that on any given day, the worst team in the country can beat the best team in the country. It was just a bad day to have a bad day. It's a game and it's supposed to be for entertainment. If you live and die by the Jayhawks winning or losing, then you don't have much to look forward to in your life. I love the Hawks. I'm proud of them and the great year that they have had. Kudos to Bill Self too, for being a great coach, when they win and a great coach when his team loses. Come on November!!!

like_n_Lawrence 4 years, 4 months ago

It's my fault. I forgot the crimson and blue M & M's this year in the Jayhawk candy jar....sorry...

rockchalker52 4 years, 4 months ago

rockchalker52 4 years, 4 months ago

You have the wrong rockchalker there, bub.

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

It's a common mistake - after all, it looks like there are at least 52 of you. ;)

shotgun 4 years, 4 months ago

Two words..........Philadelphia Arrogance.........the twins are not ready for prime time.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 4 months ago

Hey, Kaibab, don't PM me anymore. You are tiresome.

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

You too? I'm jealous - here I thought he just had a crush on me.

I would have reported him a long time ago but why bother - something like 9 posts in two years, I'm guessing it's a duplicate 'throwaway' account he can use to be a d-bag without having his primary account banned.

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

It's good that you're trying to have thoughts, bubba. That's what this whole story is about, isn't it? Someone with impossible dreams playing so far over their head that their nose bleeds?

salad 4 years, 4 months ago

VCU were amazing today, however, we woulda won if we didn't have such a spectacularly bad shooting percentage. It was clear that KU was somehow rattled.

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Uh oh, looks like a certain troll's posts are starting to disappear. Why don't you keep talking and go for the whole disappearededness?

gl0ck0wn3r 4 years, 4 months ago

Can't we be satisfied and happy that the guys played a clean, safe game? Can't we be happy with the fine display of sportsmanship by the young scholar athletes? Winning and losing is secondary to how one plays the game.

whats_going_on 4 years, 4 months ago

I'm NO taylor fan, trust me, but compared to the other players, he probably did more things right yesterday.

smileyface40 4 years, 4 months ago

Not everyone who lives in Lawrence is a Jayhawk fan, and I for one am extremely happy they lost. I agree with earlier posts that it makes no sense how a town is so overwhelmed with a team that it doesn't know how to do anything else. So now that the tournament is over for this town, what will you all do now??? Boo hoo they lost. So what...so did a lot of teams. One team has to win and one has to lose, it just so happened to be KU that lost. Get over it and move on..

jonas_opines 4 years, 4 months ago

And yet, here you are. After midnight, on the basketball thread.

If you enjoy hating and feeding on the misery of others, you might as well just come out and say it. It would make you more honest.

Or, by all means, list a bunch of things that you like or find entertaining, so we can point out which ones are wastes of time.

jayhawklawrence 4 years, 4 months ago

1 lost game is not going to make me forget how much of a joy it was watching these young men pour their hearts out for us this entire season.

...and then to have their leader apologize in tears for letting us down.

No, I am proud of these guys. I love every one of them.

bjones73 4 years, 4 months ago

ROCK?? CHALK????? SHOCKED!!!! HAAAA!!!!!!

Laugh now, Mr. Bighorn.

We'll be seeing you soon. :)

KUSMABT 4 years, 4 months ago

ROCK "CHOKE" JAYHAWKS, HOW SWEET IT IS!! GLAD TO SEE THE BOYS CRY, THEY MUST HAVE SOME LEFTOVER ROY WILLIAMS DISEASE "CRYBABYITIS" . WHEN YOU WIN BEATING UP ON LITTLE GUYS IN YOUR HOUSE EVERYONE IS LAUGHING AND YOU SEE YOURSELVES AS ALL THAT, WELL IN THE TOURNAMENT AND ON THE ROAD WHEN THE LITTLE GUYS GET TIRED OF BEING BULLIED THEY KICKED YOUR BUTT AND PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE, 35-3 DON'T MEAN SQUAT WHEN YOUR SITTING AT HOME WATCHING THE GAME, ROCK "CHOKE" ON YOUR TEARS JAYHAWKS. PLAY SOME MID MAJORS ON THERE COURTS OR ARE YOU AFRAID TO GO TO N. IOWA, VCU, BRADLEY, UTEP, AND SO ON. HAHAHAHAHAH LOSERS!!!!!

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

"play some mid majors on there courts"

Be careful what you wish for. When the bigs actually do grant your wish and you guys start getting your butts kicked at home, we'll be seeing a lot less of you in March. There's too many mid-majors whose RPI was inflated because a road loss to a stronger team counts about the same as a home win against a weaker one.

notajayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Compared to you, Mr. basketball-was-invented-in-Lawrence, the clog in my bathroom drain is a basketball expert.

tomyzeb 4 years, 4 months ago

On paper those schools lose so much against low quality opponents it would drag your RPI way down. Does the selection committee look at RPI? Ask Colorado. By the way, how many schools will be sitting at home along with KU? How did your school do in the NCAA tournament? Or maybe you did not go to college.

beatrice 4 years, 4 months ago

So how many national championship banners hang at your school?

KUSMABT 4 years, 4 months ago