Archive for Friday, March 25, 2011

Adviser: Bachmann likely to enter race

March 25, 2011

— Tea party favorite and Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann is feeling pressure from the political calendar to rush a decision on a White House bid and may announce her intentions as early as May, one of her top advisers said Thursday.

Bachmann, a third-term congresswoman from Minnesota, could form a presidential exploratory committee before two televised Republican debates scheduled the first week of May, said Ed Brookover, a Bachmann adviser.

“I’m not sure the debate is what’s going to make our final decision,” he said. “Is it a factor? Yes.”

Other Republicans familiar with Bachmann’s thinking said all signs point to a White House run. They insisted on anonymity to discuss private conversations with Bachmann and her advisers.

For her part, Bachmann played coy.

“I’m in for 2012 in that I want to be a part of the conversation in making sure that President (Barack) Obama only serves one term, not two, because I want to make sure that we get someone who’s going to be making the country work again. That’s what I’m in for,” Bachmann told ABC News.

“But I haven’t made a decision yet to announce, obviously, if I’m a candidate or not, but I’m in for the conversation.”

Comments

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

Don't waste your time Mrs. Bachmann. Even if you were up to it, the liberal mainstream media will be gazing---waiting, like starving cultures on every limb of every tree---just waiting. But politics is a funny game, afterall, who thought The One was going to cause the crooked lib media to shove Hillary under the bus practically overnight. And now with the Libya debacle, Obama is on hislong slow ride to the bottom, although it is but one of many distractions from the floundering economy--which will be front and center here in less than a year---and Americans are going to looking to rid themselves of Obama.

Agnostick 4 years ago

"Please run, Mrs. Bachmann! The far-right theocrat propaganda machine will be watching--like sentinels, surrounding you, covering you from every side--protecting you from every fact, every shred of truth. But politics is a funny game; after all, who thought The Magic Negro was going to cause the ever-truthful, ever-brave patriots and heroes of Fox News to lock Ron Paul out of the debate, and out of the party, practically overnight? And now with Libya and Afghanistan unraveling as a distraction, NObama is on his long, slow ride down the slide of guilt, while the Koch brothers join their Wall Street cron--err, patriots in spreading around plenty of federal stimulus money (remember those wonderful bonuses we screwed 'em out of?), and buying every political opportunity in sight, we can have you, Sarah, and Newt riding high in less than a year. America will find themselves a new savior!"

There, fixed it for ya, right_thinker. As a bonus, it's a much better representation of your true character. ;)

somedude20 4 years ago

Awesome, just awesome and the "The Magic Negro" almost made me have to use my astronaut diaper. (FYI, I think "The Magic Negro" would be a heck of a band name. Maybe Newt can find love again with Sarah as he seems to ditch his wives after they get sick, he might need a new one

cowboy 4 years ago

Bachman has discovered as Sarah , Newt , and Haley also have , that this running for pres thing can be quite profitable. These debates should be quite hilarious . Probably be a major fistfight over who is on the left side of the stage.

Scott Drummond 4 years ago

Please, please, please join the rest of the right wing buffoons.

keith manies 4 years ago

It would be very entertaining to watch the leader of the loony right-wing of the GOP, Rep. Michelle Bachman, running for the Republican nomination. She makes Sarah Palin looked informed on the issues!

MyName 4 years ago

She's probably waiting until her latest book and swag set comes out before she announces. I'm sure she'll make the most of the opportunity to pimp her book to as many people as possible during the debate.

Anyone else think it's funny that four of the top candidates are on Fox News's payroll? Maybe Bachmann can retire and make it a fifth.

somedude20 4 years ago

Better watch out for "The Magic Negro" reappearing for four more. If Obama is "TMN" then what does that make Tom?

notanota 4 years ago

Yes! This news just made my day. Please run! I can't wait to see what a mainstream audience thinks of your ideas.