• Crews will begin reconfiguring the traffic pattern on Kasold Drive between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street. Both directions of traffic will move to the southbound lanes of Kasold. Each direction will be narrowed to one lane as crews work to rebuild the roadway.
Access from side streets will be right turn only. The project is expected to last for several months.
• From 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays, Indiana Street will have no parking and is closed to through traffic from Sixth Street to Eighth Street and Third Street to Sixth Street.
• 16th Street from Massachusetts to New Hampshire is closed to through traffic as crews work on a sanitary sewer project. Intermittent closures will occur on 15th Street from Massachusetts to New Hampshire.
• Douglas County Road 9 is closed between U.S. Highway 24-40 and Interstate 70. The road will be closed so crews can work on bridge construction. It will remain closed until late spring.
• A section of East 1950 Road about one-third of a mile south of Douglas County Road 460 is closed for culvert replacement. The section will be closed for about two months.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. The road will be tied to the new frontage road that runs parallel to the new U.S. Highway 59. Work is scheduled to be completed in late 2012.
U.S. Highway 56
• On Monday, March 14, a bridge replacement project will begin just west of the U.S. Highway 75 junction in Osage County. About .44 mile west of the junction, both eastbound and eastbound lanes of U.S. 56 will be closed to all but local traffic. A marked detour will take drivers through Burlingame to Osage City and then back to U.S. Highway 7. The project is expected to be finished in mid-June.
• On Monday, March 14, the Kansas Turnpike Authority plans to begin construction on a 3-mile stretch of highway just east of Lawrence. Traffic will be narrowed to one lane in each direction from mile marker 208 to mile marker 211. Delays are expected during rush hour. The project will be finished by November.
• A bridge replacement project is under way for the 142nd Street bridge spanning the Kansas Turnpike in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. The northbound and southbound lanes on 142nd Street will be closed between Kansas Avenue and Riverview Avenue. The stretch of road will remain closed for the duration of the project. As part of the project, daily lane closures could occur on the eastbound and westbound lanes of I-70 and the right shoulder of the road. The project should be complete in late fall.
• On Monday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the westbound right lane will be closed at Quivira Road for utility work. The project should be completed that day.