Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, March 3, 2011

Overheated equipment sparks blaze at Eudora Dairy Queen

March 3, 2011

Advertisement

Overheated equipment inside the Dairy Queen in Eudora caused a fire early Thursday morning, and the business sustained interior damage, Eudora Police Chief Grady Walker said.

Walker said accidental blaze started when a cone-dipping machine apparently overheated. No one was inside the building, 1502 Church St., when fire crews and officers arrived about 4:30 a.m., he said.

“There’s lots of interior damage, so they’ll be closed for a while to redo that,” Walker said.

Comments

Scott Morgan 3 years, 1 month ago

Is there anything better than a peanut butter vanilla malt from DQ?

0

MadDad 3 years, 1 month ago

Did someone say investigation, cmon where is all the conspiracy theories. I need blog-er-tainment !!! NOW

0

horseshoehalo1 3 years, 1 month ago

Uh oh....some employee is gonna have some explaining to do. As a former employee I know for sure that the warmer was the first thing I unplugged.

0

Jamea CallsHim 3 years, 1 month ago

I bet Steve (the owner) is mad, the "cone dipping machines" aka edible wax warmer is supposed to be unplugged every night. Guess this time the closers forgot!

0

Roland Gunslinger 3 years, 1 month ago

"Overheated equipment..."

Was Mangino in town and decided to go for some ice cream?

0

deec 3 years, 1 month ago

Maybe the firefighters are lactose-intolerant?

0

ctrowbridge 3 years, 1 month ago

Ooops! Missed that, 08Champs. Thanks for the catch. Caroline Trowbridge, Community Editor

0

08Champs 3 years, 1 month ago

The fire occured early Thursday morning - and fire crews got there at 4:30 pm? I'm confused....

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.