Archive for Thursday, March 3, 2011

Overheated equipment sparks blaze at Eudora Dairy Queen

March 3, 2011

Overheated equipment inside the Dairy Queen in Eudora caused a fire early Thursday morning, and the business sustained interior damage, Eudora Police Chief Grady Walker said.

Walker said accidental blaze started when a cone-dipping machine apparently overheated. No one was inside the building, 1502 Church St., when fire crews and officers arrived about 4:30 a.m., he said.

“There’s lots of interior damage, so they’ll be closed for a while to redo that,” Walker said.

Comments

08Champs 3 years, 10 months ago

The fire occured early Thursday morning - and fire crews got there at 4:30 pm? I'm confused....

ctrowbridge 3 years, 10 months ago

Ooops! Missed that, 08Champs. Thanks for the catch. Caroline Trowbridge, Community Editor

deec 3 years, 10 months ago

Maybe the firefighters are lactose-intolerant?

somedude20 3 years, 10 months ago

I hear ya. English breast milk is not nearly as good as Cambodian breast milk but in these tough times, one must cut back on some stuff

Jamea CallsHim 3 years, 10 months ago

I bet Steve (the owner) is mad, the "cone dipping machines" aka edible wax warmer is supposed to be unplugged every night. Guess this time the closers forgot!

horseshoehalo1 3 years, 10 months ago

Uh oh....some employee is gonna have some explaining to do. As a former employee I know for sure that the warmer was the first thing I unplugged.

MadDad 3 years, 10 months ago

Did someone say investigation, cmon where is all the conspiracy theories. I need blog-er-tainment !!! NOW

somebodynew 3 years, 9 months ago

OK, here you go. I heard from a friend of a brother-in-law, who knows a guy that said that Ex-Chief Olin ate there that night and had a meeting with 2-3 other "guys" and they all had dipped cones. Not sure what the meeting was about but the other guys might have been, or possibly once worked for, the KBI (or was it FBI), and someone saw an IRS agent in town that same evening.

Is that enough start for you, or do we need to bring in another frequent poster????

/sarcasm intended\

Scott Morgan 3 years, 9 months ago

Is there anything better than a peanut butter vanilla malt from DQ?