Archive for Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lawrence man convicted of attempted aggravated indecent solicitation of a child

June 15, 2011

A 38-year-old Lawrence man was convicted of attempted aggravated indecent solicitation of a child Wednesday morning after entering a plea in the case, Douglas County prosecutors said.

Lawrence police had arrested Alejandro Gutierrez Trevino April 7 after a family member accused him one night earlier of making an indecent solicitation for a 12-year-old girl to commit a sex act.

Alejandro Trevino

Alejandro Trevino

Police and prosecutors alleged the offense occurred in the 1300 block of Prospect Avenue in east Lawrence.

District Judge Kay Huff is scheduled to sentence Trevino Aug. 2. According to Kansas sentencing guidelines, he could face 11 months to 34 months in prison, but he also could likely qualify for probation if he has no significant criminal history.

Comments

jhawkinsf 3 years, 6 months ago

He's 38 years old and she is 12. If he doesn't know right from wrong yet, I say give him the maximum, enough time to think about it.

kwilkins74 3 years, 6 months ago

Why does the state keep letting these sick people get away with this??? They CAN NOT be fixed! He will just do it again. Someone needs to protect OUR children from these disgusting individuals before its too late for someone else's child.

jackpot 3 years, 6 months ago

Send him back. I think he has an ICE hold on him.

auntmimi210 3 years, 6 months ago

Jackpot & kusadgirl - What ignorant, racist remarks. Where in the article does it say he's here illegally? Just his name? Like I said, ignorant & racist.

jackpot 3 years, 6 months ago

Sorry I checked the booking from DGSO when he was booked. It had his booking for this and the next was ICE hold with no bond. Glad you can judge from one post. I posted the same thing in April.

auntmimi210 3 years, 6 months ago

Well jackpot, do you suppose mentioning in your first post here that your info came from the booking records might have been important??

jackpot 3 years, 6 months ago

I was wrong the ICE hold was for a Wichita man not this case. I'm sorry I got it wrong.