• Pavement resurfacing on 31st Street from Louisiana Street to Haskell Avenue. Road will be closed beginning Monday. Completion: Aug. 3.
• Water main rehabilitation on Kentucky, Ninth, 18th, 13th and Tennessee streets. Parking and a travel lane on Kentucky will be closed, as will parking and travel lanes on Tennessee. Single-lane traffic will still run through the areas.
• Phase two of annual street maintenance project on Sixth Street from Massachusetts to Iowa streets. Completion: mid-August.
• Repairs to concrete curbs and street pavement from Sixth to North Park streets and from Vermont to New Hampshire streets. Parking limitations and some single-lane traffic. Completion: mid-August.
• Add a center turn lane on Sixth Street between Folks Road and Monterey Way. Second phase construction will widen Sixth Street on the south side, eastbound lanes. Two lanes of traffic in the westbound lanes and one lane of eastbound traffic will be open. Completion: one to three weeks.
• Single-lane traffic both ways on Kasold Drive between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street for rebuild of road. Access from side streets is right-turn only. Completion: late November.
• Add center turn lane on Kasold Drive from 23rd to 31st streets starting Tuesday. Southbound traffic will use the lane already being used, and northbound traffic will switch to new pavement. Completion: late fall.
• Kansas River levee closed (for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant) on the north bank, so users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Second phase of overlay and crack-sealing projects could mean temporary single-lane closures. For a map of the overlay projects go to lawrenceks.org/public_works/streetmaintenance and click on “2011 Street Maintenance Plan.”
• Kansas River Bridge resurfacing project. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction on U.S. 40/59. Completion: late October.
• North 1000 Road closed between U.S. Highway 59 and East 1200 Road beginning Wednesday as part of reconstruction and widening of North 1000 Road on the west side of a new U.S. 59 interchange. Local access for residents of area available. No marked detour available for other drivers, who must use alternate routes. Completion: early September.
• East 800 Road closed to through traffic between U.S. Highway 40 and North 1750 Road for drainage replacements beginning Tuesday. No marked detour will be provided. The road will be closed to all traffic at North 1665 Road. No marked detour will be provided. Completion: mid-August.
U.S. Highway 24
• Milling work over the Topeka Boulevard bridge will close lanes and ramps in the area. Completion: Aug. 1 for eastbound right lane and Aug. 2 for eastbound left lane.
• Intermittent lane closures near U.S. Highway 24 and Airport Road as crews install sanitary sewer collection holding system. Completion: early August.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
Interstate 70/Kansas Turnpike
• Reconstruction of three miles just east of Lawrence. One-lane traffic each direction between mile markers 208 and 211. Access to the Lawrence Service Area will remain open. Expect delays during rush hour. Completion: November.
• Replacement of 142nd Street bridge in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. Both lanes of 142nd Street closed between Kansas and Riverview avenues. Daily lane closures could occur on I-70 and the right shoulder. Completion: late fall.
• Pavement repair from 87th Street to Midland Drive and on the Holiday Drive interchange ramps in Johnson County. Lane closures from 7 p.m. through noon Monday through Friday and from 7 p.m. until 1 p.m. on the weekend. Completion: late October.