Archive for Friday, July 29, 2011

Meeting seeks public comment on library expansion

July 29, 2011

The Lawrence Public Library will host another round of public comment about the proposed design for a $19 million expansion of the library.

The meeting will be at 2 p.m. Aug. 6 at the library, 707 Vt. The event will feature a presentation from architects for the project and will include time for the public to ask questions or make comments about the design.

The project includes an expansion of about 20,000 square feet of the downtown library and the construction of a new 250-space parking garage.

Comments

DillonBarnes 3 years, 5 months ago

But it's much easier to just complain on here about it.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 3 years, 5 months ago

This meeting will be only for show, as is the SRS closure meeting. Politicians have no desire to do what the public wants. They do things for show, and wait the taxpayers out.

DillonBarnes 3 years, 5 months ago

The library is hosting this, this has nothing to do with politics.

conservative 3 years, 5 months ago

Oh yeah and the library board that pitched the idea and campaigned for the public funding isn't political at all.

DillonBarnes 3 years, 5 months ago

I guess I fail to see what you think their agenda is then? They got the money. I'm not saying it didn't take politics to get the money, but I find it hard to believe the evil library board is (well I'll just stop there because I think I've already made my point with "evil library board").

pizzapete 3 years, 5 months ago

It's cool they are hosting this. If you have any concerns, here is your opportunity to voice them. I'm totally in favor of the upgrades, but wonder if we might be spending a little too much to get it accomplished? Also, I'm hoping they expand the bicycle parking and keep it covered, maybe even incorporating it into the new car park.